Christmas 2016: Heather

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Christmas 2016: Heather

Post by Svartfreja »

<Warren> Warren hadn't been at Danvers long, but he'd already found himself a room and had even bought himself a few little things to make it his, the feeling of belonging making him smile. Now he was exploring the grounds - well, wandering aimlessly, but he was pretending he was exploring. Wings were half-wrapped around him and keeping the warmth in, and occasionally just for the hell of it he stretched them and flapped just to watch the snow eddie. Pretty.

<Heather> Heather checked her map again then reached into her pocket to pull out the photograph she'd been given. Looked like the right place. She circled the grounds a few times, gradually descending as her speed slowed before landing in a snowbank that came up to her waist despite her impressive height. Her wings spread out behind her, the ends of her feathers just brushing the surface lightly.

<Heather> Looking up at the building, her white eyes widened. This place was huge! "I'm going to get so lost!" She said to herself.

<Warren> Warren had spotted the circling shape, thinking it was a hawk, squinting up at it and the membranes coming over his eyes to protect him from the light. Of course, as it came down and then landed in a snowdrift not far from him, it made it very obvious it wasn't. He couldn't help staring at the impressive height of the woman, before remembering staring was rude.

<Warren> Instead, he coughed. Maybe he should introduce himself? If she was to be living here, that was. "Um. H-hello?" He picked his way through the snow to her. "Are you alright?"

<Heather> Heather lifted a wing out of her eyeline as she turned her head towards the voice, "Oh! Hi!" she grinned, "I'm fine! Wet, but fine." She started wading through the snow herself to get to the cleared but obviously icy path. "You have wings too!"

<Warren> Warren broke out into a shy smile. "I do. So uh...so do you, I see - and I was starting to think I was the only winged mutant out there." He flicked his a little self-consciously, before tucking them in, voice quiet and refined. "Warren. My name, that is."

<Heather> "Heather," She smiled, holding out her hand for a shake when she was close enough, "Nice to meet you." She tucked her wings back as well as she could with the backpack in the way. "I'd never seen another mutant until I came here - I was looking for the x-men, one of them sent me here."

<Warren> He took the hand with a smile. "I didn't even know who the X-Men were, I got saved by the lizard-lady, Melati I think her name was...I don't have anywhere else to go, so she told me I could stay here. I...suppose you're in the right place if you're looking for them, but I'm as new as you are." Another shy smile.

<Heather> "I came all the way over here to look for them, I just wanted to meet them - I saw where they used to live. One of them was there so that's how I found out about this place." She glanced at the building again, "It's a lot bigger than the last place..."

<Warren> "I'll take your word for that - I only found out about them moving when I was invited to a...wake, of sorts." He looked sad for a moment. "Apparently, they're some sort of group of heroes and someone didn't like that. I want to help, though I'm not sure what good I'll be - I can't even remember where I'm from."

<Heather> "Well... you sound British, if that helps..." Heather gave a small shrug, running a clawed hand through her gold hair and looking down at her feet. The claws would maybe help on the ice. She took a tentative step towards the path. "I just wanted to meet some people that could help me learn more about my powers... there's nothing like this back home."

<Warren> Oh...claws. Wow. Lots of claws. Wings and claws and gold and - no, not now, he didn't need to do it right now. "Indeed - British and my name, that's all I know. Maybe these people can help me though - I woke up in hospital not long ago and had no idea who or what I was, I was just...surprised to be the only one with wings."

<Warren> He chuckled a little, his own golden-blond hair in a ponytail. "Though I'm with you on wanting help with what I am - I'm as clueless about myself as I am about who I am."

<Heather> "Well... how's the flying? Can you still remember how to do that okay?" It came naturally to her, but all of the powers did so that was no surprise.

<Warren> "Oh yes, I can do that just fine, so the instincts are...mostly intact. It's more the...well..." A little bit wouldn't hurt, right? He didn't have to go all the way through, just a few feathers. It took some serious concentration when he wasn't threatened, but he stretched out a wing - and despite the fluffy white feathers, there was a metallic hiss as it slid open.

<Warren> The fluffy white didn't stay fluffy, though, the feathers hardening and shifting into long metal shafts, flickering and solidifying and appearing oddly menacing despite being metal.

<Heather> "Ooooh, now that is pretty damn cool." Heather grinned, looking the wing over, reaching out a clawed hand to poke at it.

<Warren> It was an effort not to let it go the rest of the way, the wing aching as he forced it to stop and then reverse. He still wasn't great at controlling it, and he didn't want the other Warren out. If it could be called that. "Thank you." He giggled a little and twitched the wing away from the ticklish claws. "I go all blue as well, but that comes with its own problems, honestly, or I'd show you. Um. Do you know anyone at the school yet?"

<Heather> She shook her head, "No... well... yes but they're not here - they're driving up later but there's not really room for me in the ute..." She gave a lopsided grin and thumbed over her shoulder at the wings then gestured at herself to indicate her height.

<Warren> "...Oh. Yes, you are pretty tall, aren't you?" Warren gave her a shy smile. "Besides, if you have the wings, why not?" He looked up at the sky as snow began to fall. "Should we go inside, do you think? There's only so warm my wings keep me, unfortunately."

<Heather> "Sure," she started for the building, "I don't have to worry about the cold, thank God. I can only imagine how bad it'd be if I did - used to it being really fucking hot."

<Warren> "I was on the streets when Melati picked me up. I have developed a strong dislike for the cold now." He turned, heading for the...well, lobby? of the place where there was coffee. "That was in New York, I believe? Got flown here in a jet of all things - after all, with no memory they weren't going to let me try to fly here on my own."

<Heather> "I got a map." Heather held it up, "So I did a bit of sight-seeing on the way here. It's been kind of fun, actually."

<Warren> "...You'll have to show me around then." Warren grinned, reaching the doors and holding one for the woman. She was very tall... "As much as I'm grateful for a roof, I'm...well...bored."

<Heather> She smiled, ducking inside and minding her wings on the doorframe. "Yeah? I can do that, it'll be fun to fly around with someone."

<Warren> Warren followed her in. "Coffee and hot chocolate's on tap for us in here, by the way - they're still finishing things up, at least that's what the military lady - Carol, I think? - said. Oh, and tea, if that's your flavour. Really? You wouldn't mind flying with me? Flying's nice, but gets a little lonely, hmm?"

<Heather> "I'm good with whatever, really, I'll take what I can get." She fiddled with the straps on her backpack until it dropped off onto the floor then she folded her wings close to her back, "That's better!" She picked the bag up and offered him a smile. "Yeah, of course, it'd be nice to have some company up there."

<Warren> "Well, I'm going for tea, if they have any decent tea here. If not, hot chocolate, I've discovered unless it's filter I'm a coffee snob." Warren smiled, leading the way to the temporary kitchen. "You can wear bags? I have troubles just with those halterneck shirts winged mutants can get now - possibly because the metal wings just...happen and destroy anything I'm wearing at the time."

<Heather> "Yeah, they're a little awkward but I like to have my hands free when I'm flying in case there's trouble, you know? That and the aerodynamics are better..." She laughed a little, "I know all about ruined clothes. The first few times I shapeshifted, I destroyed a lot of stuff but I'm used to it now so it's less of a shock... still no less expensive but, eh," she shrugged, "What're you going to do?"

<Warren> "You shapeshift too? Wow, are you sure you're not my sister?" Warren smiled at her. "Though I don't drastically change, except for the metal things." Not that he knew of, anyway. "What am I going to do? What do you mean?"

<Heather> Heather cocked her head on one side, "Uh... it was kind of rhetorical... like an expression, you know?" she gave another shrug, "I do a lot of things... depends on the situation."

<Warren> "...Oh. Sorry...apparently I still have a lot to learn about reading people." Warren ducked his head, blushing a little before heading to the counter and finding the well-used field kettle the SHIELD agents had left. "That must be useful - the shifting thing, I mean. Mine only really happens when I'm in trouble - and tends to get me into more trouble."

<Heather> "Mine happens when people are in danger... can be anything... whatever I need to save them... or me." She stuffed the map into her backpack before dropping it on the floor.

<Warren> "That's got to be useful." He smiled at her, pulling out a pair of cups and starting to make the tea. "I'm pretty much as you see...I probably wouldn't be very good in the X-Men. Me, a hero? Hah, no, I'm more likely to be the missing heir to a multi-millionare owner of a business conglomerate or something." He half-shrugged. "How do you like your tea?"

<Heather> "Not fussy," she smiled, "It's not great over here anyway." She hooked her clawed thumbs in the belt loops of her jeans. "Not everyone's cut out for being a hero but my mutation pretty much screams at me to do it. I even have a codename all picked out."

<Warren> "Oh? Everyone kept calling me Angel so I'll probably just stick to that." He smiled. "I wouldn't know. I just know I prefer tea, and I think I hope it's going to change magically with every cup. Hmm. Angel or Archangel...though the latter sounds a little too pretentious for me." But I like it.

<Heather> "Maybe but I bet it doesn't sound as cheesy as mine does - not that I care. It fits." She gave a half shrug, "Back home I'm a lifeguard... so that's what I picked."

<Warren> "See, that's not cheesy at all, that works - Angel just tells people I'm trying to be something I'm not, but the white wings and the blond hair...I look like every drawing of Gabriel that's ever been done." Warren snorted. "That's why I was thinking of Archangel."

<Heather> She giggled, "Well try it out and see if it sticks, you never know!"

<Warren> "Angel and Lifeguard. With your name and my looks, we'd have some sort of heavenly Baywatch theme going on!" Warren couldn't help the quiet giggle as he made the tea and offered it to her. "Oh God. Are you excited about meeting the others? There's some really interesting people here."

<Heather> "So excited! I've seen a lot of them on tv but I have to try and tone down the excitement because they're probably still upset about things..." she smiled, taking the cup with a quiet 'thank you'.

<Warren> "Yes...I was privileged to be allowed to stay at the wake." He said quietly. "They lost a lot of friends and teachers, apparently. A terrorist group - Hydra or something - blew up the old building. That's...partly why I want to stay, if anyone deserves help it's people who try to keep others safe, right?"

<Heather> Heather nodded, "I'm uniquely equipped to help there. Lucky them, right?"

<Warren> "And I can look pretty. We'll make a good team." Warren laughed. If people were going to be this nice...this was going to be a good home. Just as long as you don't fuck up, eh, pretty boy?

<Heather> "Hey! I can look pretty too, I swear! It's just cold..."

<Warren> Warren grinned. "I know, I was playing. You make wings look better than I could ever hope for." He curled his hands around the mug. "No one looks their best when it's cold."

<Heather> She giggled again, "Yeah, I can believe that. So where do we get to sleep in this place?" She eyed the stairs, "Do we have to share rooms?"

<Warren> "Well...not all the rooms are ready yet, but I've found a lot of blankets and with wings it's warm enough. A lot of people are living out in the tents at the moment, but draughty beats snow any day." He smiled. "I can show you around, if you like? I've had time to learn how to get lost here."

<Heather> "Yeah a tour would be good, I'm sure I'm going to get really lost like a million times but at least it'll be fun."

<Warren> "Then we'll have our tea and I'll show you the rooms first." Warren smiled. Your room first, I hope... "There's enough that I think we'll get separate ones, but I might be wrong. Still, means you can choose before anyone else, right?"

<Heather> "As long as I have somewhere warm and dry to lay my head at night, I'm happy." She sipped her tea, pulling a face, it wasn't completely awful but still...
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Re: Christmas 2016: Heather

Post by steyn »

LMAO missing heir to a fortune