Summer 2016: Sue

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Summer 2016: Sue

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Johnny: While Johnny knew he had been informed that his family had been notified, everything was hazy and the time that had passed blurred together due to the dosage of pain medication. The faint beeping of the monitor at his bedside was the first thing that registered, as usual, as he came to once more.

Sue: Sue was having a hard time staying patient enough to walk sedately behind the doctor that was leading the way to the room that was supposedly Johnny's. She could turn invisible and sneak by maybe... but then she'd be in trouble with her parents. And now they were stopping. Why were they stopping?! To have another conversation? Goddamn. Screw this. She disappeared from view.

Sue: Checking a few rooms as she passed them she finally found the one they were being led to. Holy. Shit. She opened the door, reappearing slowly, "Johnny...?"

Johnny: The voice cut through his drug-induced high, pulling him back from the verge of sleep, despite having just regained consciousness. Unsure of what had been said, Johnny simply offered a weak, hoarse groan in response.

Sue: "Oh God, Johnny!" She hurried over to his bed and wrapped her arms around him carefully. "We thought you were dead!"

Johnny: His brow furrowed slightly at the shrill cry and the movement. It took him a few moments to process what exactly was going on and even longer for him to realize that it was his sister attempting to finish the job via smothering. Ignoring everything she'd said, he simply demanded, his voice practically non-existent, "Drink."

Sue: Sue instantly released him to pour him some water from the jug on his bedside, holding the cup (complete with straw) out to him.

Johnny: Johnny blearily stared at the straw and licked his lips, trying to remember when it had gotten so hard to lift his head to take a drink. He only managed a small sip before falling back into the pillow, closing his eyes with a small grin, mumbling, "Five more minutes."

Sue: She smiled a little, setting the cup down again and dragging a chair over to sit. "You going to sleep through mum and dad visiting too? They're outside..." she glanced at the door.

Johnny: "Probably be more enjoyable if I do," he slurred, sluggishly turning his head to face where she was sitting, though his eyes were still closed.

Sue: "Maybe..." she reached to stroke his hair back from his forehead. "There'll probably be lots of crying from mum... we had your funeral not too long ago...."

Johnny: "Definitely, then," Johnny muttered, forcing himself to continue speaking, ignoring the ache in his throat, "Too bad I missed it."

Sue: "Well we always said you'd be late for your own... never thought we'd actually be right..."

Johnny: Sucking in a breath, he forced himself awake once more to reply, "Showed you all."

Sue: "So you did... show off." She managed a small smile, though her expression was still full of worry. "What happened, Johnny? How did you get out of there?"

Johnny: His face scrunched at the mention of his situation, though his expression reverted to a neutral one as he opened his eyes to avoid the images it brought up. With the drugs, the topic was more uncomfortable than horrific, and he was grateful for that. "Jamie... weakened a chain... Fought. Didn't make it far enough."

Sue: "They said you were dead... Jamie said he saw..." she gave him an apologetic look. "I'm glad you're okay... I can't even tell you how glad..." She took a deep breath because she was sure he didn't want her crying all over him.

Johnny: "They took him away before..." he managed a small shake of his head. "Is he...?" Johnny let the question hang, assuming she'd be able to fill in the blank, before going on, "Told me I was in a ditch."

Sue: "He's fine... well... not fine... but you know what I mean...." she chewed her lip, "How are you?"

Johnny: That was an easy one, so he breathed, "Sleepy... Drugs are good."

Sue: "Yeah I'll bet..." she gave him a small smile, "You're so hiiiigh I bet."

Johnny: "Little bit," Johnny confirmed. He hadn't thought to ask the doctors he'd briefly spoken with (at least he didn't think he had), so he started, "My face isn't...?"

Sue: "You're still pretty, don't worry." She gave his head a gentle pat.

Johnny: "Wouldn't want to look bad for Hope."

Sue: She smiled, "I don't think she'd care what you look like, Johnny. She'll just be thrilled you're alive... everyone will." She leaned to hug him again, "I am."

Johnny: "Pfft," he weakly scoffed, "I care."

Sue: "Of course you do, because you're vain." she gave him a small grin, "It's good to know that hasn't changed."

Johnny: "Mmhm," Johnny agreed, wishing he could motion for the cup as he said, "Another drink."

Sue: Sue picked up the cup again and held it out for him, "Mum and dad are talking to the doctor... they'll probably be in soon. I sneaked away."

Johnny: Around the straw, he mumbled, "Sounds exciting."

Sue: "I think he's warning them about how you are and everything... I don't know, didn't stay. Got bored of all the waiting around..."

Johnny: After finishing his drink, he pinned her with a look only long enough to roll his eyes, scoffing once more, "You're bored and tired of waiting..."

Sue: "Hey at least you get drugs," she offered by way of consolation. "And now you have a visit from Hope to look forward to... I'll call her when we leave."

Johnny: "Because I need them." The drugs weren't as enjoyable when you actually needed them because hospital beds were nowhere near as comfortable as recreational use at home. Regardless, the mention of Hope brought a slight smile to his face, "You better."

Sue: "I will, I promise... and then we'll see about getting you home and stuff... it's summer break now."

Johnny: Johnny made a noncommittal noise at the mention of being transferred home, relaxing back into his pillow. He closed his eyes once more, brow creasing as he tried to figure out what he'd been about to say. He didn't remember. At all.

Sue: Sue frowned a little, "You don't have to come home... but I think mum and dad would like it if you did... just for a little while... so mum can fuss over you and everything..."

Johnny: "She'll fuss either way," he murmured.

Sue: "Yeah but it's kind of hard to fuss when you're thousands of miles away... just... think about it, okay? They hardly see you..."

Johnny: Considering the question, he eventually answered, "Will think about it while I'm sleeping."

Sue: "Okay, I'll pretend to believe you." She gave him a small smile, glancing at the door again when she heard voices, "Ah, here they come."

Johnny: Johnny likely would've cared more that their parents were approaching and done more thinking if he hadn't already dozed off.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Re: Summer 2016: Sue

Post by Starfish »

Yay! Sweet reunion! :bounce

Though, Sue should wear a helmet for a little while. Just to keep her brain safe, in any case... :shifty