Summer 2016: Laura

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Summer 2016: Laura

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Laura: Without the obligation of classes or a boyfriend, Laura had filled most of her time with training or searching the city for Eddie, determined to somehow track him down. Having finished changing into her uniform, she began to neatly fold her shirt and pants, depositing them into the clothes hamper with the other folded dirty clothes.

Hisako: "Laura-chan, Laura-chaaaan?", came the gentle, sing-song of Ichiki Hisako as she skipped around looking for her friend, coming to a stop at the door of the room Laura was inside and blinking, "Oh, are you...a-are you busy, Laura-chan?"

Laura: Laura had been in the process of making a mental note to do laundry at some point when she returned when Hisako's voice cut into her thoughts, pulling her attention to the doorway. At the question, she shook her head, "I was preparing to go out, but I can wait."

Hisako: Hisako looked somewhat puzzled, "Go out? Where? To battle?", she looked the other girl up and down, "....not to get pizza, I think..."

Laura: At Hisako's critical gaze, Laura peered down at herself and gave a bit of a shrug as she shot the other girl a slight smirk, "I would think not, though pizza sauce wouldn't stain this outfit..."

Hisako: Laughing somewhat dryly, Hisako's concern crept throughout her features, "Laura-chan...is this about Eddie coming back?", she frowned, "...it is, isn't it?"

Laura: After studying Hisako's expression intently for a few moments, Laura averted her gaze and simply nodded.

Hisako: "Laura, no.", Hisako shook her head, stepping closer, "You cannot go and see him, ok? Not now, not after....after all of this! You cannot!"

Laura: Brow furrowing, she lifted her head to look up at her friend rather than focusing on the carpet as she asked, "Why not?"

Hisako: "B-because!", Hisako stated, realizing suddenly that the word itself wasn't much of an answer: "Laura, I know you were his friend but he isn't the same person! He is out of his mind, he attacked Melati-san, how can you even want to see him!?"

Laura: Laura answered without really thinking it through for once, "Maybe he just needs someone to be there."

Hisako: Hisako scoffed, "Sure, like he needed Melati-san so he could assault her, huh(?)"

Laura: "He lured her there. She wasn't looking for him," she shook her head. "From what I've gathered about friendships, I would be a poor friend if I didn't try to help him."

Hisako: Sadness crept onto Hisako's brow, "There's 'help' and then there is risking yourself! He is not stable, he could hurt you!", she placed her hands on Laura's shoulders, "Please, think about this for one second? What if he hurts you too?"

Laura: More than anything, Laura wanted to be able to claim she could heal, however Melati possessed that ability as well. It hadn't done her any good. While she had been staring at Hisako as she spoke, the contact caused her to meet the other girl's gaze, and she searched it, determined to believe in the words as she uttered an answer, "He will not."

Hisako: "Ugh, you are being so impossible! Why won't you listen?", Hisako sighed, rubbing her forehead, "Laura-chan, there is nothing we have either seen that makes that possibly true. Why are you acting like this? On impulse? You always think through things, why now? Why this?"

Laura: "I have thought this through, and it is because I am not willing to give up on him. I do not have many friends, and I am not willing to..." she paused as she searched for the words, actually feeling some frustration as she continued, "I am not willing to cut him loose as everyone else has done. Also, we've seen plenty that proves otherwise before Cassie briefly died."

Laura: Pinning Hisako with a hard look, her jaw worked for a moment before she asked, "Why are you being so impossible about this?"

Hisako: Hisako blinked, her cheeks flushing as she attempted a few times to answer, "...b-because! I-I am your friend! And...I worry about you. I don't want you to get hurt and the only possibility I see is that he will hurt you!"

Laura: "...Then, open yourself up to other possibilities?" Laura shortly suggested. While she knew what Hisako worried about was a very real possibility, she had decided it was worth the risk.

Hisako: "Nandato, Laura-chan!? Is there no way to make you listen!?", Hisako demanded, shaking Laura's shoulders, "Please, don't go, I don't want you to be hurt by him!"

Laura: Laura reached up to take Hisako's hands, removing them from her shoulders to prevent further shaking. She kept them in her grasp, giving them what she hoped was a reassuring squeeze as she spoke, "I may not even find him, so you could be worrying for nothing. Even if I do, I will be fine."

Hisako: "You sound just like Kusuma-san!", Hisako stressed, letting out a sad sigh, "I-I don't want to see you come back like she did! I-if you got hurt....", she sniffed, shaking her head and pulling herself free from Laura's grasp, "...I would never, ever forgive him!"

Laura: Laura clamped down on a choice reply, something she didn't often do, and lowered her gaze once more, attempting to work out something that would not further upset Hisako. After a few moments, she suggested, "Come with me."

Hisako: Hisako blinked again, "...if I come with you, what if he percieves a threat and attacks anyway? Yes, I have trained more, and I can fight better now but I do not think I can beat him.", she shook her head, "Why can you not just forget about it for now? Wait until we have a team of people?"

Laura: "Then, avoid being seen?" That was the obvious conclusion in her mind, anyway. As for the questions, her brow furrowed, and she looked back up to the other girl, "Well, what if it was you? Would you want to be forgotten?"

Hisako: "N-no! But I wouldn't have torn a man's heart out because the voices in my head told me to!", Hisako sniffled, "...I-I know I don't understand all the time but I just...", she shook her head again, wiping her eyes.

Laura: With a sigh, Laura studied her for a few moments before attempting to finish that statement, "You're just scared for me, I know."

Hisako: Stepping back, Hisako just shook her head again, "Y-you don't, you just...don't.", she turned away, hiding her face as she attempted to compose herself. She wasn't sure why Laura's safety bothered her so much either, it simply did, "It's not like I can stop you..."

Laura: "Well, you potentially could..." Laura said, though she was reluctant to admit that anyone could stop her.

Hisako: Hisako looked back at her, hand raising and summoning the faint glow of a force blade before it shattered, not even solidifying fully, "...I couldn't. I could never, ever hurt you...", she admitted, gulping solemnly, "...just...go. Go and do what ever you want!", with that, she started away.

Laura: At the dismissal, Laura started for the door, briefly pausing in the doorway, only there long enough to comment, "You do not necessarily have to hurt someone to stop them."

Hisako: Not breaking her stride, Hisako continued away, wiping her eyes. Yes, she was hurt, and yes, she was concerned. And was she going to let Laura run off by herself? Not a chance. She made her way back towards her shared room, scarcely believing that in her life, she'd ever have had need of the Samidare for such a purpose...
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Re: Summer 2016: Laura

Laura: After scouring the city for the better part of a few hours, Laura had given up on her search for Eddie and wandered into the comic shop where she knew Mayday worked, though she wasn't entirely sure whether Mayday was actually working. Scanning the store, she blew out a sigh when she realized the other girl wasn't but ventured further into the shop, deciding to browse the shelves.

Laura: She came to a stop in front of the issues she knew were Eddie's, eyes scanning the various covers, debating whether to flip through one.

Jace: "Can I help you?" The young man had calmly approached the black-haired girl browsing the shelves. His smile looked friendly but calculated. "That is a good choice, by the way. The book, I mean." He looked at the issue in front of her. "I can't recommend it enough."

Laura: Looking from the man to the shelf, Laura carefully plucked it from the shelf, weighing the book in her hands. Nodding as she stared down at the item, she agreed with a slight smile of her own, "Of course. I'm sure it's quite good."

Jace: "Oh, so you've heard of it before then?" He both sounded and looked hopeful when asking this question.

Laura: "Somewhat," Laura answered. Eddie had told her about the book, but she'd never been particularly interested in comic books. Pulling her gaze from the cover, she peered over at the guy as she added more of an explanation, "I know the creator."

Jace: "Oh, you do?" As much as he tried to hide it, his interest in the young woman just increased manifold. "Are you a friend of him?"

Laura: Nodding, Laura answered, "Yes, I am." After a brief moment of contemplation, she added, "At least I believe I still am."

Jace: Turning to the side, Jace pretended to be sorting the comics on the racks in front of him. "Why is that?" he asked, putting a casual tone in his voice. "Sounds like you've had a disagreement."

Laura: As he turned to busy himself, Laura carefully opened the book to look at the contents as she replied, "He is the one that murdered the leader of the Galactus cult that has been in the news, so I suppose it is slightly more complicated than a simple disagreement."

Jace: Jace slightly tore into the cover of the book he was currently holding in hands. He looked to the side, his expression unmoving as he silently studied the young woman. "Oh, he did that?"

Laura: "I was not there to witness it, but it was Eddie, yes," she stated as she turned the page, brow furrowing as she read a few panels, "Since then, I haven't seen him, and I haven't heard of anyone seeing Venom recently."

Jace: The comic crumpled as he put it back onto the shelf with shaking hands. "I see," he commented, his voice unsteady, as well. "Who would have thought?" Jace's chuckle carried no hint of humour. "The writer of a superhero comic is a superhero himself. Talk about writing from experience, no?"

Laura: For once oblivious, Laura missed the noticeable changes as she flipped the page again, only focusing on what was being spoken. She wished Eddie was actually around, so she could read these and get his opinions, much like he had shared when they discussed Watchmen over their usual coffee and bagels after patrolling. "I do not really write anything, but I imagine that would be the easiest way to do it."

Jace: "You could tell his work always had an authentic touch to it," Jace replied, his eyes on the issue in the girl's hands, before he glanced up at her face. "So, you say it was him who was responsible for the murder at the old cathedral? I find that hard to imagine."

Laura: She flipped the issue shut and looked over to him, nodding once more, "Unfortunately, I am certain it was him. I've been trying to track him down, but all my attempts have been unsuccessful," Laura frowned slightly, gaze dropping back to the book in her hands, "As irrational as it may seem, I figured I would get his books and read them in the meantime."

Jace: "This is a fantastic idea," he replied after a moment of silent hesitation. His grin was forced. "I could imagine his work contains hints as to what may have motivated him. You will notice that the inner conflict of the hero is theme that can be traced through the entire run of the book. That's definitely what I would do."

Laura: "Really?" she asked, giving a slight grin of her own in return before looking back at the issues on the shelf. She debated for a few moments, eventually deciding they were likely worth the money, "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have them."

Jace: "A wise investment," Jace replied as he took the collected stack from the shelf. "If that story becomes public, the collectors' value should skyrocket. Don't worry, though, friends of Eddie buy at a discount."

Laura: "Oh... That's nice," Laura commented with a more genuine grin as she sorted her money out to pay once he'd rang the purchase up. It was too bad nowhere came with a discount just for knowing Eddie.

Jace: "Here you go." He handed the young woman her bag along with her change. "You know, I always wondered why he never finished his work. I simply assumed he lost his faith in it." His lips were pressed into a thin line as Jace took a deep breath. "It seems in a certain way, I was right."

Jace: "Maybe his friends can help restore that faith, no?." Jace's lips revealed a faint smile. "So I hope you find him soon, and can work out your disagreement. Because I would kill to read an ending to his story."

Laura: Laura began to place her change in her pocket, pausing to consider what had been said, "Eddie has had a lot going on, so perhaps when he is more himself..." she trailed off with a small shrug as she accepted her purchase, "Thank you."

Jace: "Oh no, thank you." Jace politely bowed his head towards the young woman. "Please, come back soon. Hopefully with better news then." He smiled again.

Laura: "Hopefully," Laura agreed with a nod as she stepped away from the counter, starting for the door. With these, she supposed she could head back to the school, assure Hisako that she was perfectly fine, and settle in for some reading until her next outing.

Jace: As soon as she had left, Jace scanned the store, before he went to the door and locked it, flipping over the 'closed' sign. Returning to the counter, he reached for his personal copy of Eddie's comic, signed by the writer. "Don't worry, Eddie, I'll help you get your story back on track," he said, faintly smiling to himself. "Maybe you just need a co-author."
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hisako: Packing away a last few sets of clothes, Hisako's eyes fell on the Samidare once again. Her ancestral heirloom lying shattered in half on her bed. The snap was rigid, like a broken bone; it was almost as if she were looking on a damaged person rather than a simple item.

Hisako: Her belief was that a sword was an extension of the person. The blade to her was an extension of the will of countless generations of the Ichiki bloodline, now lying shattered in two. Guilt gripped her heart in an iron vice as she looked away, unable to stomach her failure.

Hisako: Like a lead weight dragging her soul down into the depth of depression it lay there, glinting in the sunlight. Sitting down on the bed, she held her head in her hands, trembling slow breaths failing to calm her down.

Laura: Laura was motionlessly standing in the doorway to the bedroom, watching Hisako pack her clothes. She knew she wasn't particularly good with words, so she hadn't made much of an attempt to say anything thus far. However, as Hisako began to crumble, she made her way over to the other girl and cautiously sat down on the edge of the bed next to her, careful of the broken sword as she slipped an arm around her shoulders.

Hisako: A part of Hisako wanted to move away; a very small part that still blamed Laura for what had happened. But she didn't. Leaning into the other girl's embrace, her arms fell into her lap, head turning and resting against Laura's neck as she forced her eyes shut tight. She wouldn't break, not in front of Laura. Not again.

Hisako: She bit back a sob, a small tear finding its way free from her eye...

Laura: She shifted slightly, turning more toward Hisako to make the other girl's attempts to burrow into her shoulder easier, starting to tilt her head away before deciding against it. Instead, she rested her cheek against Hisako's head as she tried to work up words, eventually managing, "It is okay to cry..."

Hisako: Hisako's arms wrapped around her, followed with a quiet sob as she let the tears come, "...I-I was so scared! I-It's gone! It's gone! That sword is everything to my family and it's gone!", she cried, clinging to Laura tightly, "I didn't want to lose you! I couldn't!"

Laura: "Well, I would say you were successful in that regard, as I am still here," Laura carefully replied, as she didn't particularly want to talk about the whole incident. She'd been wrong when it came to Eddie, and she really hated being wrong. Peering over Hisako's head, she focused on the halved sword, brow furrowing, "It is still here as well..."

Hisako: "It's centuries old! And I broke it!", Hisako wailed, sinking down into Laura's lap, "I-I couldn't beat him, and I lost the most important family item I have!", with a fresh wave of sobbing she shook her head, curling up in the other girl's lap, "A-and the worst is I would do it again and again because I never, ever want to lose you! I just wanted you to be ok so, so much!"

Hisako: She looked up at Laura, eyes still streaming, "I begged you, Laura, I begged you not to go!"

Laura: Laura tried to control her flinch as she glanced down at Hisako, and, while she managed that, she wasn't able to contain the look of guilt that briefly crossed her expression. Averting her gaze from the other girl's tear-stained face, she turned her attention back to the weaponry, quietly asking, "Can it be fixed?"

Hisako: "They say it was made by a demon in the Edo period; do you know any demons(?)", Hisako released the other girl, wiping her tears on her shirt sleeves with a sniffle, "...it would never, ever be the same ever again. That is my family's blade and it is irreplaceable..."

Laura: "I imagine I would know some if they were..." Laura trailed off when she realized how Hisako would likely take that statement, despite the honesty of it. As she was released, she moved to get up and pulled a slight face at her wet shoulder as she went to retrieve the nearest box of tissues.

Laura: She wordlessly set it next to Hisako as she moved around the side of the bed to stare down at the blade, sighing, "Well, obviously, it will not be the same, but having it fixed would be better than having it in pieces, would it not?"

Hisako: Lifting a handful of tissues, Hisako shook her head, "You can't repair a blade if it is in pieces - it would need a whole new blade to be forged. And unless it bore the same maker's mark on the tang it would never be near the same...", she blew her nose, casting her eyes back to the sword.

Hisako: "It was a priceless heirloom...and I should not have taken it into battle.", she confessed, "...it is my own stupid fault that it's gone. And I am lucky it wasn't me also..."

Laura: Looking from the sword to the floor, Laura shifted a bit uncomfortably before forcing out, "It is my fault... I should have listened to you..."

Hisako: Hisako let out a soft sigh, shaking her head again before standing, "No. It....it wasn't you.", she looked up at the other girl, "Don't blame yourself...ok?"

Laura: Brow furrowing as she considered that, Laura eventually insisted, "Fine, It was only partially me."

Hisako: Approaching Laura, Hisako's arms wound around her, grip tightening, "No. It wasn't. Don't blame yourself at all.", she insisted right back, "I don't want you to. I won't forgive you if you do."

Laura: Stiffly bringing her arms up to return the hug, Laura heaved another sigh and reluctantly relented, "I will try not to."

Hisako: "Good.", Hisako affirmed with a curt nod before turning back to look at the damaged Samidare, "...I will have to take it home to Oba-chan...she will know what to do...", she tensed a little, "...she will not be happy."

Laura: "I can go with you," she offered without much hesitation. Hisako had gone to Ireland with her, so it was the least she could do, especially since the other girl had broken the sword protecting her.

Hisako: Looking on her, Hisako's brow furrowed slightly, "...why?", she found herself asking, touched that Laura would offer, "...I was...so unfair to you, and...I hurt you with what I said before..."

Laura: Laura shrugged off the latter half of that, instead focusing on simply answering the question, "Because we are friends."

Hisako: Swallowing, Hisako let out a little sigh, followed with a smile, "...mmn. Ok, then, yes.", she took a deep breath, "If you are with me, it will be alright."

Laura: "Of course it will be," she stated, returning the smile with a slight smirk, "It'll be like the trip to Ireland... But, better. Hopefully."

Hisako: Hisako nodded again, heading over to her drawers and opening them. She removed a black velvet sheet and went about wrapping the end of the Samidare's severed blade in it before placing it atop her things in her bag. The other side she grasped the handle of, sliding it back into its saya before crouching under her bed, removing a long poster canister and slipping the whole thing inside.

Hisako: "...Laura.", she turned to the other girl, "...you know I don't blame you? You know I never, ever would. You are my best friend..."

Laura: Managing a more genuine smile, Laura gave a nod as she replied, "And you are mine."

Hisako: A coy laugh followed as Hisako fumbled with her sleeves, blushing a little bit, "Arigatou, Laura-chan.", she smiled, stretching a little, "Time to book flights home.", she looked over at the photo of her father, smiling a little at it - she had missed Kyoto after all, maybe things would be alright...
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hisako: What Hisako noticed a difference in between her home and America was the smell. A subtle taste in the air, as if she could almost feel a 'flavour' in the breeze as it danced through the air.

Hisako: For her, such subtleties were what made the familiar so warm; a slight hum in the atmosphere, even a certain hue of colour in the world - regardless of her reason to return, Kyoto, like a mother welcoming a child, embraced her senses.

Hisako: Stepping out of the taxi cab and thanking the driver, she looked up at her ancient house on the edge of the woodland, a soft smile lighting her cheeks in the sun, "This is home.", she whispered.

Laura: Laura had mainly trailed after Hisako, taking in the surroundings on her own. As much as she had enjoyed getting back from Ireland, it was also exciting to be traveling again. She was still hoping this trip went well and the sword could be replaced though. She was unsure if she was meant to reply to the whisper, but she did anyway, quietly agreeing, "It is nice here."

Hisako: Laughing a little, Hisako nodded, adjusting her bag as an old woman emerged from the door of the house, waving and making her way down the hill towards them;

Hisako: "Ohaio, Hisako-chaaaan!", she called down, shuffling as fast as her elderly frame would allow, "Ohaaaio!"

Hisako: Hisako jumped on the spot, "Oba-chaan!", she called over, pausing and glancing at Laura, "Oh, that is my Grandmother? I will tell her speak English."

Laura: Laura watched the woman started toward them and debated how she was supposed to look, eventually decided she could probably look less stoic. She put on a slight smile and started to reassure Hisako that Japanese was fine, but she supposed English was easier for her. It came more naturally, of course. "Thank you."

Hisako: <"I have American friend here: Laura-chan.">, Hisako quickly explained once her grandmother was in earshot; "Can we speak English?"

Hisako: With a little nod, Ichiki O'ren cleared her throat, "Hello Laura-chan! I am Ichiki O'ren. My English not very good.", she grinned, "Hisako is telling of her great Laura-chan all ways!"

Hisako: Blushing, Hisako scowled, <"Idiot! I never say that much! Embarrassing old woman!">

Laura: Shrugging off whether the English was good or not, Laura continued to smile as she looked between the two, teasing before offering more seriously to her grandmother, "It would be a miracle if you said that much. Laura Kinney, and it is nice to meet you."

Laura: Shrugging off whether the English was good or not, Laura continued to smile as she looked between the two, teasing before offering more seriously to her grandmother, "It would be a miracle if you said that much. Laura Kinney, and it is nice to meet you."

Hisako: "You also Laura Kinney.", O'ren smiled warmly, her weathered features only bolstering the kindness in her grey eyes, "It is a miracle then by you! She is says 'Oh, Laura-chan, Laura-chan, is so amazing and pretty and so cute and also she is smart'..."

Hisako: Hisako grimaced, her face reddening more and more, <"What the hell, Oba-chan!? Shut up!">, she swallowed, turning to Laura and laughing nervously, "It's nothing so creepy, I promise! Hahahaha!"

Laura: Laura was more bemused than anything, and she was sure it came through her features for once as she nodded, "I suppose I am all of those things."

Hisako: With a sigh, Hisako shook her head, "Also, you are big-headed..."

Laura: "It is not my fault that you've merely told your grandmother facts about me."

Hisako: "But you could at least be humble!", Hisako pouted, rolling her eyes with a little smile.

Hisako: Her grandmother thought the whole ordeal was highly amusing, evident in her laughter as she led the girls inside, "So what makes you want to come home now? Is American food so bad you can not eat now?"

Hisako: At those words, Hisako sighed, following O'ren in silence and glancing to Laura.

Laura: "Fine, fine... Thank you for sharing the majority of my best qualities with your grandmother," Laura teased with a smile of her own, her gaze focused on Hisako. Both dropped at the reminder of their visit, however not before she'd caught the look from her friend. "While the food can leave something to be desired, we are here for an entirely different reason..."

Hisako: O'ren opened the main door of the house, stepping aside to let the girls in, "Is something gone wrong?", she asked, her smile becoming a face of concern.

Hisako: Taking a deep breath, Hisako placed her bag down, removing her shoes and slipping the poster container off of her back. Opening it, she removed the Samidare, "...I...I broke it.", she confessed.

Laura: Laura slid her own shoes off and gave the broken blade a brief, solemn look before her gaze drifted down to the floor once more. After a moment of debate, she felt the need to add, "Protecting me."

Hisako: Eyes becoming sad, O'ren took the damaged half of the Samidare by its handle, holding it to inspect the damage, "...this is very sad thing. A very sad thing to happen.", she looked up, "Protecting? Is there a fight where you would need a sword?"

Hisako: "There are many, many terrible things, Oba-chan.", Hisako conceded, "...like I told you about. This 'Venom', Eddie Brock, it tried to hurt Laura. I...had to fight...", she looked at Laura again, frown on her own features, "...I had to."

Laura: Laura fought down the irrational urge to stick up for Eddie, despite Hisako simply stating a fact. She also wanted to point out that Hisako didn't have to because she was sure she could've taken any injuries she'd sustained in the fight. Well, she was mostly sure. However, Hisako never would've been put in that position if she'd been smart enough to listen to the other girl, so she remained silent.

Hisako: O'ren closed her eyes, taking a slow, deep breath, "...then you use the sword like it should be used. To defend, not hurt.", she smiled, "I am not very ok the sword is gone but O'ren is happy saying that you are both safe."

Hisako: Letting out a breath she didn't even know she was holding, Hisako fell to her knees, <"I am so sorry, Oba-chan...">, she sniffed, eyes pinned to the ground.

Laura: As Hisako dropped, Laura quickly moved to her side, crouched down next to her, and lightly placed a hand on her shoulder, green eyes searching the Japanese girl's face in concern, silently asking if there was anything she needed to do.

Hisako: Hisako shook her head, hand reaching for Laura's. She looked up as her grandmother knelt in front of her, smiling kindly as always, "...I...am sorry, Oba-chan...", she stressed, only to receive a laugh in response.

Hisako: "You have no need to apology unless you are not bringing Ichiki Hisako back.", the elder lady assured both girls, "Laura; Hisako has hurt you with this sword? Or protects you?"

Laura: There was no thinking or hesitation. The answer came automatically. "Protects."

Hisako: "See?", O'ren pushed, stroking Hisako's face, "You are protect your loved ones. That is why the family has this sword. We did not want selling it, we will keep it and protect this people we love.", she let out a breath, lifting her granddaughter's chin;

Hisako: "This is what Gin would have done.", she nodded.

Hisako: Hisako stopped at the name, her tears seemingly frozen from falling, "...T-Tousa-san...", she gulped, looking down at the Samidare in O'ren's hands, "...this is what...my father would do?"

Hisako: O'ren sighed, "This blade, that blade, is still the same sword...if it is held by Ichiki.", she shrugged, "Laura - you agree also to this?"

Laura: This answer also came easily and with a nod, "Of course."

Hisako: "See?", O'ren smiled, "Come...we can make new blade for the sword. Even see who makes the original.", she stood with a sigh of effort, nudging Hisako, "Quick! Come quick!"

Laura: A slight smile graced her face at the mention of a new blade being forged suddenly became possible and straightened, pulling her hand from Hisako's shoulder to offer it as help up, simply commenting, "We should listen to her."

Hisako: Hisako stood slowly, taking the offered hand of Laura and smiling up at her, "...i-it...I was so scared I had...really screwed up.", she let out a dry laugh, "...we can make a new blade."

-Time Passes -

Hisako: Sat down on her knees with a cup of herbal tea, Hisako looked around the interior of her family shrine. To her, the place felt warmer than outside - regardless of the fact it was an outdoor shrine. something about being under its roof felt physically 'warmer' to her.

Hisako: Sipping her drink she smiled at the photos of her family dotted around as O'ren took apart the Samidare before them, unraveling the grip fabric around the hilt.

Laura: While Laura had been intently studying her surroundings, she remembered that she should likely drink some of her tea before it was cold, as it was the polite thing to do. It wasn't that she didn't enjoy tea, it was that she was far more interested in absorbing everything around them. However, her complete, undivided attention had been given to the sword as soon as O'ren had begun disassembling it.

Hisako: "Taking apart swords is very simple.", O'ren smiled, noting Laura's intentful watching as she carefully knocked out the mekugi from the tsuka, "See here is this bamboo pins that hold nakago - this is the...base of the blade. Is called the tang sometimes.", she explained carefully, stroking the ivory carved handle of the sword with her fingers, "You wish to see?"

Hisako: Hisako smiled over to Laura, remaining silent as she sipped her tea. She wanted to see Laura be comfortable - there was something she found soothing about seeing her happy.

Laura: Nodding as the elderly woman spoke, Laura studied the pieces she was talking about and leaned to get a better view as she answered with a small smile, "Yes, of course."

Hisako: O'ren grinned, "Maybe you are thinking how to maintain a sword if you have one some time?", she chuckled, showing the younger girl how to take the blade apart as she slowly removed it from the hilt, revealing the nakago, embossed with an inscribed kanji signature.

Hisako: "This is the Mei; there are many different of this, but all are kind of....signing? Signing is who makes the blade...", the older woman explained.

Laura: "I suppose I would not be opposed to having one, so it would serve me well to know how to maintain one," Laura replied, adding after a moment, "However, my powers negate a true need for one."

Laura: She paused for a sip of tea and then tilted her head as she studied the signature, curiously asking as she pulled her gaze from the sword to the old woman, "Who made this one?"

Hisako: Looking on the signature, O'ren's eyes narrowed, and shortly after widened. She let out a gasp sharp enough to perk Hisako's interest, who shuffled over to them and leaned closer.

Hisako: The older Ichiki swallowed, "...it is...Hatorri Hanzo!?"

Hisako: "NANDATO!?", Hisako gasped aloud, "T-that is...impossible! Hattori Hanzo...."

Laura: Recognizing the name from various history lessons, Laura's brow furrowed, "...Really?"

Hisako: Silence abound save for a light breeze making the wind chimes in the shrine dance together in a light melody, shortly followed with O'ren's laughter. She held her stomach, shaking her head as she slapped her knee, "Ahaha! Oh, you both think I am truthful! 'Hattori Hanzo'! Hahaha!"

Hisako: Realizing she had been fooled, Hisako huffed, folding her arms, "T-that...I knew that was not true! Bakkano, Oba-chan..."

Laura: Laura sat back and stared blankly for a few moments, a puzzled look eventually crossing her features as the joke started to set in. Her brow crinkled as she looked between the two women and asked, "Then, what does it actually say?"

Hisako: O'ren placed a weathered finger gently on the kanji, tracing her fingers across the two symbols, "This is kami...and the second one sen..."

Hisako: Hisako hummed, turning to Laura, "Kami is 'God', and Sen is 'War'.", she looked back to her grandmother, "What... that isn't a name. Maybe this is the maker's mark?", she scoffed, "A pretentious maker then? 'God of War'? How cheap!"

Laura: "Isn't that some video game?" Laura wasn't sure it was possible for her to look more confused, though she also hadn't thought the information about a video game would've stuck.

Hisako: "Well...yes, but I am sure a swordmaker of the Edo period did not have a Playstation 3.", Hisako snorted back, nudging her friend playfully, "Ah! Oba-chan; maybe Laura and I can go find out who used this signature?"

Hisako: After a moment inspecting the blade more, looking for an answer if it were there, O'ren looked up, nodding, "This is very good idea. Read books maybe? History?"

Laura: "I enjoy reading history books..." she admitted as she looked between the two once more, "However, would there possibly be an easier way? As much as I enjoy history books, it would be tedious and time-consuming."

Hisako: Laughing dryly, Hisako nodded, agreeing with Laura, "Ooh!", she snapped her fingers, tapping her head, "Museums! There should be some in Kyoto, maybe even Tokyo, where we can find information! Many swords are collected, maybe there is similar maker's mark there?"

Hisako: O'ren considered the words, "...this is very good. Yes, then you will go and do this!", she raised her hand, "But! You both eat and rest before!"

Laura: Laura was fully prepared to begin this search now and had started to stand, pausing at the mention of food and rest. With a soft sigh, she settled back down and reached for her cup of forgotten tea, trying a small sip. Considering that over another gulp of tea, she supposed it wouldn't be all that bad and gave a slight smile, "As long as it is better than the airline's food..."

Hisako: "Oba-chan is the best sushi maker in all of Kyoto!", Hisako laughed, finishing her tea, "It will be the best, I promise!", she nodded, standing up, "Arigatou, Oba-chan!", she bowed, before skipping out of the shrine.

Hisako: Shuffling to her feet, O'ren let out a soft sigh, watching Hisako wander away, "Laura...you will take care of Hisako? She is...very need someone close by her."

Laura: After draining the rest of the tea from her cup, Laura stood as well and watched Hisako go, unsure of whether she was meant to follow or not. The voice of O'ren caused her to turn to look at her, and she nodded. This was another question that didn't require any thought to answer. "Of course. I will do my best, as that's what she's done for me."

Hisako: O'ren smiled back, her eyes looking almost sad, "She is good girl just very...she is try very hard to be good.", she explained in broken English as best she could, "All she will need is strong people standing with her, and she will be best Hisako she can."

Hisako: After a few moments spent dancing in a cloud of falling cherry blossoms, Hisako waved to Laura, "Come see my room, Laura!!!", she giggled, heading over to one of the large doors in the courtyard.

Laura: Turning back at the sound of her name, a smile graced her features as she watched Hisako wave to her while she continued to nod in response to what O'ren was saying. She was sure she could be one of those people.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hisako: Finishing her onigiri, Hisako wiped her mouth, looking up at the military history museum they'd been referred to from the last one. She flicked a hand through her hair, adjusting the small bag over her shoulder.

Hisako: The busy people of Kyoto moved all around them, seeming to clear before the entrance to the building, "Perhaps we will have better luck here?", she sighed.

Laura: "Hopefully," Laura answered as she looked from Hisako to the entrance of the museum, taking a step closer to her friend as somebody practically brushed by her. Heaving a sigh of her own at the large volume of people, she stated, "Let's get this part over with."

Hisako: "Hai.", Hisako sighed, leading the way inside. Past the heavy glass doors and atop the black marble stairs, she looked around the reception. As the doors closed behind them the tall, dome-topped room descended into silence, save only for the gentle murmurs of the few people within.

Hisako: Approaching the man at the desk, Hisako turned to Laura, "Just...check out some things? They have other katanas and things around, I will talk to him as fast as I can, ok?", she smiled.

Laura: It was slightly eery how quiet things were compared to the amount of noise beyond the museum's walls, however she was grateful for the reprieve from the amount of activity as she took in the new place, quietly absorbing her surroundings as she trailed after Hisako. The other girl's voice caught her attention, and she gave a slight nod, mumbling an affirmative before settling off to explore, careful not to wander overly far.

Hisako: Clearing her breath, Hisako leaned on the counter, greeting the Japanese man in her native tongue and explaining herself quickly, eyes wandering over after Laura. She smiled, watching the other girl amuse herself with the displays, snapping back to attention as the secretary spoke again.

Hisako: Nodding, she thanked him, making her way over to Laura and tapping her shoulder, "Ok, he says they have an expert on Katanas who is visiting today! So they will ask him to come and help us!"

Laura: Laura turned to face her friend with a wide grin, "That is... awesome." The word came out awkwardly, as it was one she didn't use very often. It just seemed appropriate given the trouble they'd been through thus far to find any tidbit of information about the signature on Samidare. "Maybe this expert will be more helpful than the last place."

Hisako: "Oh, my Gosh...I know.", Hisako groaned audibly, her voice echoing a little. She noticed and kept her following words quieter, "I am...really happy you came with me, Laura..."

Laura: Laura was still grinning as she moved to the next display while they waited for this expert. She paused to read the placard next to the display, filing the information away before looking to Hisako and shrugging, "It's the least I could do."

Hisako: Letting out a little laugh, Hisako blushed, "You didn't have to do anything. I...I have never had a friend who would have done this."

Laura: "Fine. I felt like I had to do something," Laura amended with a slight roll of her eyes, "Because we are friends. Also, I have not either, I don't think."

Hisako: "...I really mean it when I say you are the best friend I ever had.", Hisako nodded, still smiling, "Ok?"

Laura: Nodding as well, Laura easily replied, "You are also my best friend. I do not think I would've known what to do in Ireland if you had not accompanied me."

Hisako: The words made Hisako shudder with warmth as her chest swelled with pride, "...t-thank y-", she was cut off by the appearance of an elderly looking man with a balding head and thick-rimmed glasses, holding with him two large, aged scrolls.

Hisako: Instinctively, she cleared her throat, blushing still as she introduced herself in Japanese to the man. He gave her a little bow before smiling and speaking, "You ...both speak English?"

Hisako: His accent was thick and American, which caused Hisako to raise an eyebrow, "...yes.", she murmured.

Laura: Laura had been studying Hisako's face when the man appeared, large grin dropping, and her gaze lingered on a friend for a moment before focusing on the expert, critically studying him as well. When she realized how she likely appeared, she put a small smile back on her face, but it was nowhere near as warm as the one when it'd just been her and the other girl. "Of course."

Hisako: "Ah, great; much as I like speaking my native tongue I botch more often in my old age.", the elderly man confessed, "I was born in Ohio, so...", he looked between them, "You have a makers mark you want appraised?"

Hisako: Hisako blinked, caught completely off guard that the man was so very American, "Ah, er...yes.", she smiled awkwardly at Laura, "Can we have help?"

Hisako: The man nodded, "Sure, follow me? Let's get out of the way so we can talk.", he led the way towards and through another pair of glass doors towards a wooden one some ways down a corridor.

Laura: Once the man's back was turned, Laura moved to follow him and shot Hisako a brighter, more encouraging smile as they were led through the museum. When they came to the office, she slipped in after the two and awkwardly hung around in the doorway as she took in the state of the room.

Hisako: Clearing his table, the man offered another bow, "Jim Nakamura.", he introduced himself, "I'm a Japanese History professor, but I specialize in the early Edo period.", he placed the scrolls down, rubbing his hands together, "So, you have a makers mark to show me?"

Hisako: Hisako let out a nervous laugh; his enthusiasm made her feel a little embarrassed as she reached into her bag, removing the velvet wrapping and placing it on the table, uncovering the nakago of Samidare.

Hisako: "The kanji on this blade isn't a 'name'.", she explained, "It...doesn't make sense to me, so I wonder if you know anything?",

Hisako: The professor nodded, looking up at Laura, "Do you want to come closer?", he smiled warmly, looking back at Hisako, "The mark does look familiar actually; let me just grab some things...", he turned to a bookshelf, tracing his finger along a few tomes.

Laura: Having found something that caught her interest, it took Laura a moment to respond to the question, simply moving closer to the table in answer. Though, it was mostly for Hisako's sake. She had already seen the engraving and knew what it looked like, but the point was to be here for the other girl. When she realized he might actually know something, she looked up to the man, "Really?"

Laura: If he actually did, this was going to turn out awesomely.

Hisako: "Yes!", he answered, tapping the tome he was after before drawing it out and flicking through the bookmarks jutting out of the top at odd angles, "It's a very unique signature, actually. We have a few swords here that bear the same mark - we actually lost one or two to a collector of them, which is a shame, but...", he flicked the book open;

Hisako: "There we go.", the professor grinned, "Take a look."

Hisako: Hisako leaned forward as the book was turned to her, quickly scanning over the page, and pausing at the name of the blacksmith, "...Ogun?", she hazarded, "Is that how you say? 'Oh-guhn'?"

Laura: "I would think so, yes," Laura answered before questioning, "What is known about this Ogun?"

Hisako: Scoffing, the professor shrugged, "Apparently, he is a 'demon' or 'demon swordsman'. There are various myths surrounding him. Apparently some legends even say he dueled Miyamito Musashi.", he smirked, "He'd have been impossibly old..."

Hisako: Hisako nodded, taking in as much as she could, "So, this Ogun made the Samidare?"

Hisako: "That and several other swords...", the professor flicked a few pages, tapping the drawings on the revealed two, "See? These are a few of the ones recorded; there's the one you said, 'Samidare', and its counterpart wakizashi, then there's the 'Fuyuki' here..."

Hisako: Gasping, Hisako leaned closer, "T-the Samidare is...!?", she beamed, "This Ogun made it!",

Laura: Laura considered all the information they were being given, her head tilting slightly as she studied the drawings. As interesting as this was, she wasn't entirely sure how it linked to whether they'd be able to have Samidare repaired or not. Brow furrowing, she asked mostly out of curiosity, "Where can the counterparts be found?"

Hisako: The professor shrugged, "We found a collector who has the Fuyuki and wakizashi, and the Akikaze, and also the Samidare's wakizashi. We own the Akikaze's wakizashi.", he explained, tapping the table beside the nakago of Samidare;

Hisako: "You have...well, had the Samidare sword. But the Harukou and its wakizashi are still somewhere out there in the world.", he sighed, "It would be so amazing to be able to find them all..."

Hisako: Hisako shook her head, "I did not even realize my family should have a wakizashi also! A-and forget these others! I could not give over my family's blade to some museum..."

Hisako: Jim shook his head, "O-oh! No, not...I didn't mean that! But...well, you can't exactly repair the sword...I mean, Ogun has probably been dead for thousands of years..."

Laura: "Does this Ogun not have any descendants? Because I highly doubt he was actually some sort of demon," Laura commented, looking between the two, fairly satisfied by the answer about the other blades.

Hisako: "W-well...", Jim straightened up, removing his glasses, "There is a chance he may...see, we - I mean a group expedition I was on - we visited a place in Aokigahara, the 'sea of trees' near Mount Fuji. It's where the 'demon' Ogun was said to live. And..."

Hisako: Looking somewhat disheveled, Hisako swallowed. She'd heard of Aokigahara. Looking to Laura, her brow furrowed slightly.

Hisako: "...well, we found something. A large temple dedicated to practicing martial arts bearing the same crest as Ogun.", Jim went on, noting Hisako's expression, "But they er...they wouldn't let us in. They called themselves Yuureimusha, and said their custom was not to allow outsiders."

Hisako: Hisako blinked, "Yuureimusha. Spirit Warriors?", she frowned, "Well...well, we will have to go there!", she nodded, not looking very confident.

Laura: Laura had no idea why they both looked like someone had kicked their puppies at the mention of this forest, but she didn't find herself particularly worried about a large group of trees. For what Hisako lacked in confidence, she made up for it when she replied, "Then, we will go there."

Hisako: "A-aaah...Laura...", Hisako started, flushing and looking away. She sucked in a breath - hell if she was going to look a coward in front of Laura; "Yes. Then we're going! To find the Yuureimusha!"

Hisako: Jim grinned, "Well....you girls be careful if you do, and for the love of God, make sure you don't go alone, ok? That place isn't safe for young girls.", he affirmed, "Glad I could help you. Would you....like to take the book?", he closed it and raised it, "You seem very interested, and this is an older edition anyway..."

Hisako: Accepting the tome, Hisako bowed a little, "Arigatou."

Laura: At her name, Laura gave Hisako an odd look but let it go in favor of assuring the older man, "We will be careful." However, she liked to think that going with each other qualified as not going alone. Because, technically, they were not alone if they had each other. Putting on another smile, she added, "Thank you for your time."

Hisako: "You girls stay safe! It was my pleasure.", he gave them a little bow as they left.

Hisako: After returning her blade fragment to her bag and bidding the man farewell, Hisako exited with the book, holding it to her chest and letting out a long sigh she'd been holding since the mention of Aokigahara. She turned to Laura, "Do you know what Aokigahara is!?"

Laura: "Judging from 'sea of trees', I inferred it was a forest," she said nonchalantly as she fell into stride with her friend, "Likely a large one, apparently near the mountains... Though, most of the islands are basically mountains, yes?"

Hisako: Hisako groaned, "You don't know....it's the world's second biggest place for suicides. Nobody knows why, but people go there and kill themselves in the woods.", she shuddered, "...it's weird."

Laura: "Well, as long as neither of us have a desire to commit suicide, I would think we'll be fine," Laura commented, shrugging, "Plus, even if I did, it would not be easy for me."

Hisako: Turning slowly to Laura as they approached the exit of the museum, Hisako's expression froze. She smirked wryly, suddenly bursting into hysteric laughter as they walked outside.

Laura: Laura paused at the surprising bout of laughter, head tilting as she looked at Hisako like she'd lost it, "...What?"

Hisako: "You are so funny! You are just...you just don't ever get worried, do you?", Hisako was in stitches, sniffing and shaking her head at her friend, "With you, I think I could jump into Hell and not be afraid, you know that? It's...it's so weird.", her laughter subsided, replaced with a large smile.

Laura: "I was being quite serious, and I do worry... Sometimes." After a moment, she amended her previous statement, "Rarely." Then, she shook her head, "And, no, I was not aware of that, however it is good to know that I would not necessarily be alone. ...Though, this is also assuming that Hell even exists, which I am not under the impression it does..." Laura rambled.

Hisako: Hisako sighed again, throwing a hand through her hair as they re-joined the crowds of Kyoto, "You are just so hilarious...you go on and on, I love that. When you start talking, you just...seem so happy to talk.", she giggled, red-cheeked.

Laura: Laura shuffled a bit closer to Hisako as she adjusted to the noise level of the outside world once more as well as the groups of people. She did manage a smile as she replied, "I didn't think I talked that much."

Hisako: "You talk just enough.", Hisako assured her, going as far as leaning her head on her friends shoulder, "So don't ever change, ok? And let's go get a katana."
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Laura: Laura still didn't understand why this forest was such a big deal, other than the unusual amount of suicides that took place within its confines, and wasn't overly anxious until near total darkness had fallen. They'd traveled as far as they could and had settled in to camp for the night, however she was starting to believe she would've preferred moving through the darkness.

Laura: Reaching for the sturdy branch off to the left of her, she poked at the embers of the fire and willed it to ignite more of the logs they'd collected, if only to cast more light around the small clearing they'd settled in.

Hisako: "Done!", Hisako announced, skipping back over to the campfire and clapping her hands, "Now we will be safe from any harmful spirits."

Hisako: Behind her were a series of intricate wires, covered at odd points with different Shinto charms and wards, blowing softly in the wind, "Supa-genuis Hisako-saaan!"

Laura: Laura had words for what she thought about spirits, but she kept her mouth shut on that subject as she studied the various wires and charms, trying to exercise this thing called tact. Brow furrowing, she curiously asked, "How do they keep spirits away?"

Hisako: "Spirits have a law too!", Hisako explained, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world, "These wards act like walls for them - they cannot cross holy sigils because the charms repulse them."

Hisako: Kicking back and sighing deeply, she looked up into the sky, "...do you believe in those things?", turning to Laura, she smirked, eyes narrow, "And don't lie to me, Laura-chan..."

Laura: As she peered into the darkness around them, there was surprisingly little Laura could make out even with her enhanced vision. It just all looked like tree trunks, and she assured herself she would know if there was anything out there while scooting a bit closer to Hisako. Looking back to the other girl, Laura was slightly amused that Hisako knew her well enough to know she would try to lie for her friend's sake and answered honestly, "I do not think so."

Hisako: "Aaaah, it's ok.", Hisako assured her, looking back up at the starry night sky, "We all have our own beliefs. It doesn't matter if they are true or not all the time - in some ways, what we believe in defines us. Like...I believe my father is watching me from another place..."

Hisako: She laughed at herself a little, "What I mean is, even if he is not in 'heaven' or whatever, he lives in my thoughts. My actions and ideals are done because I believe this is what he would want.", turning to Laura once more, Hisako inclined her head, "You understand?"

Laura: "Yes," Laura answered simply, "He was part of your environment, therefore he's influenced your behavior and ideals."

Hisako: Hisako breathed a smile, looking up again, "It's funny because...I was so young when he died, so I don't know much about him, but...Oba-chan told me so much that I think I see he was caring. I imagine him correctly, I think.",

Hisako: Taking a deep breath, Hisako glanced away a little, her hand slowly motioning across the ground, closing the gap between them just out of sight, "...I...know you don't have much to say on parents but...in a way - maybe selfish way - I want to be that kind of person for you.", she managed, hoping her blush was hidden.

Laura: Laura eyed her for a few moments as she considered that, eventually replying, "Would you not already be that kind of person, seeing as I spend the majority of my time with you? It would stand to reason, based on that, that you would be a primary influence, right?"

Hisako: "That's...true, but it isn't what I mean.", Hisako turned to her again, frowning a little as she tried to think of how to put it, "...I think...you mean a lot to me. More than almost anyone ever has and...I don't know how to react...I-I mean, I don't understand how to explain..."

Laura: She was sure she looked more than a little puzzled as Hisako struggled to find an appropriate explanation and reached out to lightly pat her shoulder, offering, "Take your time to work one out?"

Hisako: Hisako exhaled softly at the touch, nodding and chewing her bottom lip awkwardly. Her hand between them came up, touching hers gently, fingers running across softly.

Laura: Taking that as a sign that the gesture was comforting, Laura kept her hand on Hisako's shoulder and gave it a slight squeeze as she continue to study the other girl's face.

Hisako: The squeeze made Hisako blush even more, causing a little shudder. She shuffled closer, taking another breath before looking up at Laura and deciding there was only one way she thought the other girl would understand. Swallowing, she leaned closer, closing her eyes and resting her lips upon the other girl's.

Laura: Laura found her eyes widening in surprise at the contact and felt a swell of panic rise up when she realized she didn't exactly have the distance to think of a logical course of action. Or the focus to work out how she felt about this. While she was well aware of how kissing worked, she didn't know how to respond. This was different from Curt, though not in a bad way, and she finally found herself tentatively returning it.

Hisako: Moments passed before Hisako finally moved back. She looked away, first at the fire, then back at the sky, blush still clear on cheeks, "....g-gomen...", she managed, glancing back at Laura for a moment, "I-I didn't...think..."

Laura: Laura found herself studying the ground as she licked her lips, mouth working as she struggled for words, "I... I don't know what t-to think..."

Hisako: Simply nodding, Hisako looked away again, remaining silent as the fire crackled in the dark for several moments more.

Laura: Taking a deep breath, Laura found herself glancing over to the flames, unsure of what else to say, and busied herself with intensely studying the fire.

Hisako: "...are you...upset?", Hisako asked, eyes still fixed on the bright orange flame, "I...I mean, I don't know what I feel, so I just...did what felt natural...", she scratched her head - she'd never felt like kissing girls was 'natural' to herself before; "...please say something."

Laura: "I am not upset, no," Laura easily answered, shaking her head. She hastened to add, "I believe I am mostly surprised."

Hisako: "Just...surprised?", Hisako swallowed again, "...so...you think...maybe you liked it?"

Laura: "That, uh..." Laura paused to clear her throat, "I believe that is part of the surprise, yes."

Hisako: Hisako flushed a deeper red, "...really!?", she blurted, eyes now afixed to Laura's face, "...y-you did!?"

Laura: Swallowing, Laura finallly pulled her gaze from the fire to risk looking over at Hisako, the action causing her to feel extremely anxious. Unsure of whether she'd be able to manage words, she simply nodded in answer.

Hisako: "I-I mean, I'm not gay!", Hisako stressed, "B-but...that was...", she closed her eyes, maybe words weren't best? She shuffled closer to Laura, "...maybe we should not think right now.",

Laura: She continued to nod and finally managed, "I believe that would be best." It was that, or they needed to sit and process without speaking.

Hisako: Smiling, Hisako curled her arms around Laura, resting her head on the other girl's shoulder, "You mean the world to me..."

Laura: Laura allowed her cheek to rest against the top of Hisako's head, as this wasn't an unusual occurrence between them. Well, the closeness wasn't, as it wasn't uncommon for Hisako to cling to her. She slowly let out a breath, "I am glad, as you are also important to me."

Hisako: Remaining silent with a smile pinned to her face, Hisako looked up at her, "...d-did you want to...kiss again?",

Laura: Her brow furrowed as she considered the offer and, after a moment, she nodded, "I suppose it will likely be better when I am not caught off-guard."

Hisako: Hisako blushed again, slowly closing the gap between them all the same and pressed her lips gently onto Laura's. She didn't understand what was happening at all, but it was fine. For those moments, all that mattered in the world beneath the stars was her friend.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hisako: Walking a little ahead of Laura, through the thick underbrush of the forest, Hisako made her way. Using a stick she'd picked up from the remains of the fire that morning she pushed the thicket aside, carefully traversing the terrain.

Hisako: The fear of coming up on bodies was still high for her. So far their luck had held out, but there was a reason this place was known as the 'suicide forest'. Anticipation gripped her as she made her way forward, glancing back to Laura and waving to her.

Laura: Laura trailed after Hisako, claws on one hand extended to make getting through the dense forest more tolerable. As focused as she was on slicing through some branches, she caught the movement ahead of her and looked up to see Hisako waving, her expression questioning.

Hisako: Hisako smiled, though her expression became a touch more awkward as she considered why she wanted to get Laura's attention. She hadn't spoken to her about the previous night, and didn't actually want to as she still didn't have the words.

Hisako: Turning, she gasped, falling back onto her rear and double-taking; she'd seen something moving, she was sure of it.

Laura: Laura had been avoiding a conversation about what had transpired the night before as well, not at all sure how to confront any of the feelings she had about it, let alone vocalizing those feelings. Despite this, she still returned the smile with a slight one of her own, however it dropped as she blinked at Hisako falling over backwards, able to plainly hear the gasp.

Laura: Quickening her pace, she retracted her claws and offered Hisako a hand, suddenly freezing, gaze darting around them. There had to be something out there...

Hisako: "D-did you see it!?", Hisako took the other girl's hand, her off one reaching to her left side and flashing her yellow force-blade into existence, "Something's out there!"

Laura: "I have not seen anything yet," Laura shook her head. Looking over her shoulder, free hand balled into a fist, she continued quietly, "It is just... I also feel like something is out there."

Hisako: "There is!", Hisako affirmed, reaching for the hilt of her psionic weapon.

Laura: Releasing Hisako's hand, after holding on for a bit longer than was likely necessary, Laura willed her claws in her hands to extend, the metal almost silently piercing through the space between her knuckles. She took a deep breath and willed herself to relax enough to focus on their surroundings, attempting to pinpoint the source of their paranoia, turning suddenly when she thought something darted by.

Hisako: Slipping her bag off of her shoulder Hisako hopped down into the clearing and drew her weapon, "<Come out, cowards!>", she called out in Japanese, preparing herself for possible combat.

Hisako: Her shout was answered by a flash of white lightning, seemingly materializing from nowhere, dancing across the air and charring a tree beside her.

Laura: Rolling out of the way of the lighting, Laura easily landed on her feet and was starting in the direction the blast had apparently come from, more than slightly disconcerted that she wasn't positive.

Hisako: Hisako just gasped under her breath at the lightning, turning around and, in a bright flash of amber, bringing her force armor to life around her body. She got into her stance, blade raised and eyes sharp, waiting for their opponents.

Hisako: "<You should go back! Outsiders are not welcome!>", came a voice in Japanese, seemingly spoken by the forest around the two girls, noticeably male.

Hisako: Spotting something to the right, Hisako turned, "Laura! Watch the side!", she called out, bringing her blade through the air to catch a second bolt of lightning and deflecting it.

Laura: "Got it!" Laura called back to her companion and circled around to move into position, the dense foliage not helping in the least. While she had trained in the Danger Room in forests, none of them had slowed her down this much, not even the swampy ones. The amount of shrubbery made it difficult to locate anything, even with her enhanced eyesight. Cutting through a low-hanging branch, she resolved to focus on her other senses.

Laura: The lightning deflected with a crack, but, past that, she could've sworn she heard something else, something that sounded suspiciously like footfalls, twigs snapping and leaves rustling underfoot.

Hisako: Racing forth, Hisako placed herself between where she assumed the bolts were coming from and Laura. Focussing her power the armor around her glowed a faint red as she refracted another bolt of lightning on her blade, sending it streaking away.

Laura: Holding her position, she closed her eyes and took a calming breath, focusing on the sounds. She waited for just the right moment and swung a leg out, aiming low, sending the man that had been attempting to streak by sprawling. She wasted no time and lunged, roughly pressing her knee into his back as she pulled his head back.

Laura: Fist clenched, she settled her claws against his throat, leaning down to snarl, "Struggle, and my hand may slip."

Hisako: There was a shout of protest from above shortly before a girl clad in a similar black robe and padded uniform to the one worn by Laura's captive descended, gliding down and drawing a blade. Hisako intercepted it with ease, catching the other female in a lock with her own glowing katana blade.

Hisako: "<Stop it or I will make her kill him...>", Hisako managed, teeth gritted as she held her own against the girl floating before her. Behind a ninja-like face guard the eyes of her foe appeared conflicted, wincing before she pushed herself free of Hisako's lock, floating backwards and kneeling low.

Hisako: "<Stop! Stop fighting!>", the girl called out, sighing and lowering her blade. From the trees, a male stepped out, clad in similar armor save for his arms being bare. He too knelt down, watching Laura carefully.

Laura: Laura pulled her attention from the man under her to study the other two. Though she had picked up a good deal of Japanese throughout the trip, she was able to interpret the line of conversation based on tone and body language, and her gaze found Hisako, waiting for some kind of confirmation as to whether she should move or not.

Hisako: Hisako's armor remained raised, her glowing eyes watching the black clad girl. She cleared her breath, lowering her sword slowly, "<We are not here to fight you. And....and the other girl doesn't speak Japanese...>"

Hisako: The girl blinked standing slowly and sliding her own blade back into its scabbard, turning to Laura and closing her eyes;

Hisako: <You with the claws....you can hear my thoughts now, yes?>

Laura: Her fist clenched more tightly at the voice invading her mind, knuckles whitening as she slowly nodded, her gaze now flicking from Hisako to the other woman.

Hisako: "<I am speaking to her with my mind.>", the girl explained to Hisako, removing her face mask, "<I will tell her everything I tell you; we are the spirit warriors of Ryu Ogun.>"

Hisako: With a soft breath, Hisako nodded, her armor slowly fading away as she stowed her blade, keeping the luminous construct at her side, <"Then we are here to seek your help, not to fight you pointlessly.">

Hisako: Turning to Laura, Hisako nodded, "It is alright, let him go."

Laura: Laura retracted her claws and pushed herself off the man's back, warily eying the three of them as she headed back over to Hisako.

Hisako: The man beneath Laura scrambled up, headed back over to his companions. The girl with them - presumably their leader - sighed and gave him a kick in the shin as he re-joined their side, "<We are not used to outsiders looking for us, so...maybe we over-reacted. It is an important time for us.>"

Laura: Once she was back at Hisako's side, she let out a relieved sigh, glad she hadn't had to make good on that threat. She didn't have long to ponder whether she'd gone through with it or not, the words echoing in her mind sparking her curiosity, "An important time?"

Hisako: "<What is this time?>", Hisako asked the girl, the males beside her looked reluctant to even stick around.

Hisako: The girl, however, spoke plainly, "<Our master is dying. And then he will move on to another avatar.>"

Hisako: The words made Hisako gasp audibly. She reached for the sash around her chest keeping the saya of the Samidare tied to her back.

Laura: Not having seen that coming, Laura simply blinked and shot a concerned look Hisako's way, unsure of what they were supposed to do if the creator was dying. After a moment, she questioned, "Would it be possible for you to take us to him?"

Hisako: Reading Laura's mind, the girl nodded, looking reluctant all the same, "<We...do not wish harm to come to him during this time. If you try and harm our master...>"

Hisako: Hisako sighed loudly, pulling the Samidare from her back and showing it to the other girl, "<If it is the same Ryu Ogun who forged the Samidare then we need him to forge another blade! We are allies, idiot!>"

Hisako: The girl opened her mouth to respond, words faltering a little bit before she turned to the other members of her troop. The males looked between one another, and after a few moments, they looked back at Laura and Hisako; "<We will take you there.>"