Summer 2016 - Ankka

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Summer 2016 - Ankka

Post by Scumfish »

It had been a hell of a semester.

First his girlfriend cutting their plans and going back to Japan to care for her sister (not that he minded, he wasn't an ass) and then the killings started...and just as he'd been geared up to deal with that, he'd got a phone call.

His mother had been out looking for one of the lost dogs in a snowstorm. She'd been found, after two day's searching, trapped at the bottom of a sharp drop with a broken leg.

He'd dropped everything - had to, really - and gone straight over there. Already stressed from what was happening at the school and Noriko's issues that he couldn't come and help with, he came home to a distraught family blaming him for the accident - if he had been there, if he hadn't run away, if he'd used his abilities for something useful for once...his mother wasn't dead, but she was dangerously ill and just wasn't waking up.

And then the arguments with Nori had started.

They were both stressed. He knew that. They were both stressed and weren't dealing with it very well, thousands of miles apart and unable to do anything to help the other...and they took it out on each other. Gods, it was so hard to stop snapping once it started, and every time he tried to apologise, he got it wrong.

It had been after one such phonecall that he was sitting beside his mother's hospital bed, head in his hands, listening to a cousin and an uncle arguing about the 'freak' that hadn't been there to do his job that something snapped, very very gently. People always saw him as the big puppy, no one special when he wasn't using his abilities, the big dumb blond...Lukas had it right, no one really cared who you were without the powers.

But he didn't go the way Lukas did. They might have been alike, but they were polar opposite...rather than be destructive, he looked at his mother's still form, placed a hand on hers, and found the pool of calm. So what if healing concussion had left him in a coma? So what if this was so much worse, so what? He was doing something useful.

By the time he woke up again, the semester was nearly over. He'd put himself so far under he'd gone months before he'd woken, his mother having recovered almost as soon as he had fallen under. He woke to the news of the cannibals having been dealt with, of friends dead and grieving...and bad news after bad news from Noriko that he hadn't been there for.

So when Noriko was coming in to land back in New York, there was a very nervous, very conspicuous Finn waiting for her, with the largest, most expensive bunch of flowers he could find.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Re: Summer 2016 - Ankka

Post by Starfish »

Melati: "Okay, I'm bored," Melati stated, casting an irritated glare the bottom of her empty coffee cup. She checked her watch. Again. She looked at the timetable, Again. "You probably don't want me bored at an airport."

Ankka: Ankka was trying not to fidget, and in the way of all big men was trying to slump further in his seat so that no one would recognise him. Yeah, that wasn't working so great. What if she had written him off after no contact for months? What if even the flowers didn't work? What if - Mel's voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

Ankka: "I could create a localised thunderstorm over your head?" He offered blandly.

Melati: "That actually doesn't sound too bad," she remarked, leisurely tilting her head to the side to give the tall, blond man a look. "Because the idea of intentionally leaving any luggage unattended and seeing what happens becomes more and more tempting."

Jack: Jack nearly suggested he and Mel quickly step out to the restroom for a quick nudge nudge wink wink, but then that would probably have made Ankka even more restless. Poor guy. "Garçon! A fresh cup all around please?" the painfully pink rabbit said while holding up his cup.

Noriko: Noriko had just landed and was waiting on the silly plane people to attached the docking corridor thing, collecting her hand luggage and wondering if anyone would be waiting for her or if she'd be heading home by herself. She'd sent emails out on her stop over but no reply so far.

Noriko: Impatient as always she was tapping her feet by the time a whole 3 minutes had passed and she was aloud to start disembarking, totally not cheating in places to get herself moving alittle faster and burn off excess energy.

Ankka: "The unattended luggage thing might make us vait even longer, just remember that." Ankka muttered, before picking up his cup and staring into it. After a moment there was a tiny little thunderclap and a pathetic little black could appeared over Mel's head. A strike of lightning that wasn't much more than a spark zapped her ear.

Melati: "Ack! Hey!" Melati nearly fell of her chair, but managed to steady herself by grabbing and holding on to Jack. "That itches!" She laughed and rubbed her air.

Jack: "Whoa... I feel tingly... dude, I think I'm picking up static from you." Jack told Ankka as sagged down the side of his chair with Mel hanging on to him.

Ankka: "Vell, you did say..." Just as tiny little raindrops fell on her.

Melati: "And as almost always, I am to blame myself for ending up in pain," she commented with a chuckle, shifting back onto her chair.

Noriko: Finally free from the flying coffin she started heading to the arrivals lounge and food before she picked up her luggage. For once there was no bright hair colours, no neon leg warmers or colourful anything. Black trousers and a coffee colours shirt had her blending in with the crowd... except for the paperclip necklace that was.

Ankka: Ankka smiled, before watching the arrivals again and playing with the paper wrap to the large bunch of flowers. Gods, he didn't want to fuck this up. "I could see if you can attach some string to it and have a pet thunderstorm if you vant?"

Jack: "Wow, that would be so cool, take the offer, Mel, take it!" Jack urged.

Melati: "Would I have to water it regularly?" Melati asked, before she eyes the huge armful of flowers Ankka had brought along. "Better hope she hurries up, before Jack here decides to nibble those dandelions."

Ankka: "I vill zap you on the nose if you do, bunny." He smiled at Jack, though his eyes were on the crowds. "I...don't know, I don't keep pet weather systems, honestly."

Jack: "Hey, I don't eat flowers... I might chew on the leaves a bit." he joked.

Melati: "Not so fast," she remarked, nudging the Ankka's side. "She might think it's adorable if you let him nibble the blossoms a bit. You know, chicks dig cute critters."

Noriko: Noriko trudged along between the security checks but the moment she had space she was cheating to get out of the crowds faster incase she got recognised, but then she saw something miraculous in the food court friends waiting for her. "Guys!"

Ankka: "Not these ones, I'm trying to sort things out-" And there she was. "Noriko!" He got up fast enough that he had to catch the chair before it fell over, waving and trying not to look too nervous...which made him look even more nervous, actually. Gods, more beautiful than he remembered...

Noriko: Noriko spotted Ankka as he stood up and her face lit up with hope, right up until she saw the pink rabbit and Melati missing an eye. "Hey Ankka! Hey guys how are you all? Didn't think anyone was coming to meet me at all." Giving them all a smile and blushing at the way Ankka was looking at her.

Jack: "You kidding? I love coming to the airport, just seeing all these tired people makes me feel so alive and thankful." Jack replied getting up and eagerly waiting for Ankka to make the first contact so that he can get a hug in.

Melati: "Ah, about time," Melati muttered as she spotted the familiar head of hair, nevertheless looking happy to see the other girl again. "Hey, Noriko." She stood up to greet her. "Did you short out anything vital on that plane, or what took you so long?"

Noriko: "No I didn't short anything out I was secretly charging peoples phones and stuff." Giggling alittle and looking nervous because Ankka did. "My second flight got delayed because of refueling problems."

Ankka: Ankka fidgetted, before internally eyerolling at himself and scooping her up into a tight hug, actually lifting her off the floor. For a moment, he just held her, letting that do the talking as he figured he'd just mess it up if he opened his mouth.

Jack: "D'awwww, how adorable is that?" Jack commented.

Melati: "Almost sickeningly so," Melati added, waiting by Jack's side, watching the other two with a smirk on her lips.

Noriko: Noriko giggled as well before hugging Ankka back with a happy smile, glad he wanted her back after the arguements. "I'm sorry I shouted at you, and I missed you loads, all of you actually..."

Jack: Jack nudged Melati in the side with an elbow, and gave her a big ass obvious wink, adding "She missed ALL of him."

Ankka: "I'm sorry too. Even got you flowers to prove it." He smiled shyly at the others and Noriko. "I missed you too...though I vasn't exactly awake for most of it."

Melati: "You mean there's more to him?" She gave the blond boy an appraising look, keeping her arms crossed. "Hm, you sure about that? Maybe I'd need both eyes to see it."

Noriko: Giggling again she nuzzled the flowers before aiming a small spark at Jack. "I meant I missed all of you lot back as school you dirty pink rabbit!" Then she head tilted at Ankka. "What do you mean wasn't awake? And you'd need more then both eyes melati." Sticking her tongue out playfully at the other girl even through the tired look on her face.

Ankka: Ankka actually blushed hard at that, tapping Nori on the nose. "I...vas stupid and cured someone who vas in a coma." He shrugged it off, setting her down and handing her the flowers. "It knocked me out for a long time." Jack got a scruff for good measure. "Dirty bunny."

Melati: Melati chuckled and steppe over to Noriko, placing a hand on the girl's shoulder to give her a firm squeeze. "Anyway, glad to have you back," she told her.

Jack: "Ohhhh...." Jack shuddered with a horribly leering grin, "Tingles all over." he said, thankful for the fur that probably lessened the actual shock of the zap.

Noriko: "Ooooo!" Hgging the flowers to her before offering hugs to Melati and Jack. "You guys look like you need hugs as well, how about in a minute I fetch my luggage and treat us to food?"

Melati: "Yeah, be glad you missed what was going on lately," Melati remarked, returning the offered hug. "The last few weeks have been rough." She smiled. "I'll never say no to free food, though."

Ankka: Ankka smiled. "I could go for food." He nodded, a hand still on Noriko's back. It seemed...everything was going to be okay between them, the big man relaxing slowly.

Jack: "I am actually starving," the pink one replied when it was finally his turn to get and give hugs, She's sooo tinyyyy, he thought with a silly grin.

Noriko: Once everyone was fully hugged she started leading them off to the luggage bays and the big turn table thingys. "I wasn't sure where I wanted to be, here with you guys and helping or back home helping there... though that wasn't really helping..."

Melati: "How did things go back home?" Melati asked, snatching a luggage cart on the way and unable to resist the temptation to give it a push and ride it.

Noriko: "Well my sisters recovered now and I have a new baby sister called Aiko. We had to move house because of the anti mutant protestors in Japan burning ours down and I'm all over the news as an out of control mutant that needs *help*. So could have gone better." Shrugging and sighing abit walking closer to Ankka for comfort.

Noriko: "Hows everyone coping here?"

Melati: "Same here," Melati replied. "As in, things could have gone better." She resisted the urge to touch her face, diverting her hand to scratch the side of her head instead. "Sorry to hear that about your home. I hope everyone's alright, yeah?"

Noriko: "Everyones fine now, but I ended up accidently shocking my mom. She doesn't mind but the media is up in arms about it." Resisting the urge to ask about the eye until she could speak to Mel in private and instead focusing on spotting her luggage. "I'm just sorry I missed the funeral."

Ankka: Ankka stayed quiet, a hand still on Noriko as support. Since he'd got back, he'd slowly been filled in on the details, and they'd just got worse and worse.

Melati: "Yeah, what happened to Johnny hit us all really hard." She looked down, her jaw clenched, and let out a silent sigh. "Up until the last moment, everyone still had hope that we could save him in time."

Noriko: "I cried all day when I found out him and Cassie had died.... all I could think about was *johnny's never going to throw me at a sinking ship again*" Spotting her bright blue suitcase she grabbed it and hauled it comically onto the trolley because of how short she was.

Melati: "Oh, so you haven't heard yet..." Melati remarked, stepping forward to help Noriko with the suitcase. "You might regret having missed the funeral even more when you hear this."

Noriko: "What do you mean I haven't heard?" Getting it onto the trolley she huffed at it before helping Melati push it back towards food and such, spare hand going out to brush Ankka's arm. "Does it have anything to do with the pink glittery easter bun?"

Ankka: Ankka reached out and actually took Noriko's hand, kissing the knuckles and smiling despite the weight of the conversation.

Jack: "Nope, funny enough, had absolutely nothing to do with me." Jack said, trying not to smile during the conversation. It was sad Johnny was gone, but he was so happy that Cassie was back.

Melati: "No, that's a different story." She smirked at the other girl. "You better hold on to something sturdy, like your big guy here, because this might knock you right off your feet." She raised her eyebrows for a dramatic pause. "Turns out Cassie got better."

Noriko: Noriko stopped and gave Melati one hell of a what the fuck look. "How do you get better from being dead aside from the obvious one ending in head removal afterwards..."

Jack: "If there's one thing that Cassie is, it's unconventional." Jack added.

Melati: "I have no fucking clue, but you better believe it." Melati chuckled and shook her head, still trying to wrap her mind around it herself. "There are some rumors and theories floating around, but personally I like to think the devil found her so annoying he kicked her back out."

Jack: "My theory is that she got bored being dead and decided to come back." Jack said.

Noriko: "I'm...... I'm cool with that theory...." Otherwise left speachless for words as they got back to the reastuarant areas and she could flop in a chair in disbelief. "Getting better from dead eh? Fuck lets hope that doesn't catch on with everyone otherwise they'll be no room left..."

Jack: "Oh please, there's already no room left. I blame condom companies for not making enough." Jack said nodding sagelike. "But other than that, welcome back. We got a couple of new faces as well back at the school."

Melati: "No shit." Melati followed Noriko to the food places, pushing the cart for her. "Especially since she also brought a new guy with her. Funny enough, the kid even looks like he's a corpse. I never know if she's serious or just bullshitting everyone again, but apparently she actually pulled him out of a grave."

Jack: "Kid creeps me a tiny bit... and intrigues me a tiny bit. I feel confused about him. Who else is new, oh wait, there's that girl that hasp waspy bug powers."

Ankka: Ankka rubbed his face as he followed them to the food courts. "Don't, if I can heal someone from a coma vhy not death too? Actually, you know vhat, I'm not even going to think about that."

Noriko: "Seriously? I've missed so much wish I'd stayed her longer now rather then only visiting for easter.......... and yeah Ankka lets not when you coma yourself healing people." Still holding his hand and looking at the menu. "Wasp powers eh?"
PsychoKez056
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Re: Summer 2016 - Ankka

Post by PsychoKez056 »

<@Noriko> After she'd been filled in over everything and they'd gotten back to the mansion she'd taken the time to herself to unpack and think about how she was going to apologize to Ankka. Now she was at his door knocking holding a tray of hot chocolate and freshly made pastries, hoping they tasted ok.

<Ankka> Ankka looked up from his book, closing it with a sigh, tossing it onto his desk and getting up. He still felt a little tired, though that was probably jetlag, but his face lit up as he opened the door. "Noriko! Hey, uh..." He stood aside, waving her in a little awkwardly. "I vas...I vas going to come and find you in a bit, actually..." Because he needed to apologise properly. Flowers weren't enough, after all.

<@Noriko> "Hey." Stepping in she gave him a shy smile before offereing the tray of goodies. "You brought me flowers and I now bring treats as a peace offering." Treats weren't going to make everything ok but they were a start and show of sincerity at least.

<Ankka> "A...peace off-oh. Oh. You don't have to, you know." Ankka tried a smile, shutting the door and helping her with the tray. "...I mean...it vasn't really your fault..." He trailed off. Hell, how was he meant to do this? He chewed his lip, sitting on the bed, and after a moment opening his arms to her. Step at a time, right?

<@Noriko> Smiling she came over to him sitting on his lap and hugging him tightly. "It is necessary, I shouted to I was getting just as ratty with you so I have to apologize to." Nuzzling into his neck as they hugged she sorted out the words in her head.

<Ankka> "I should have given you a chance and remembered I vasn't the only stressed one, mmm?" He murmured, burying his nose in Noriko's neck and sighing. "Odin's eye, I missed you, Noriko. So much. And..." He paused. "I'm...I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been like that. I should have been there for you."

<@Noriko> "I missed you so much to, when you stopped returning my calls I felt like such a bitch and felt so bad for treating you like that." Kissing his neck gently before continuing the nuzzling. "I'm sorry Ankka I should have listened to and not jumped at you because I thought I was having the harder time."

<Ankka> Ankka let out a breath then. "I vas being a jerk and I knew it. I shouldn't have let it get that far. Forgive me?" He looked at her then, blue eyes wide. "I vas miserable without you."

<@Noriko> How could she not with that look. "Of course I forgive you, the idea of coming back to school and not talking to you or being with you was something I was truely dreading. Forgive me to?"

<Ankka> "Of course. Already forgiven, my love." He smiled, the relief obvious on his face. "How could I not forgive you? I missed you vay too much, and the idea of not being with you after everything...I mean, we've been through so much, yes? There's no vay I vould have let it end like this."

<@Noriko> "I was kind of giving myself ultimatums on the way back of *if he won't take me back I'm so going home to Japan* and the like. I didn't want to be here and watch some other girl snatch you up after my screw up." Her relief showing as well as she cuddle him.

<Ankka> "And I think any other boy touches you and I'd be making every electrical item of his blow up." He said quietly. "Besides, there isn't any other girl good enough for me. You've spoilt me, love...I don't vant anyone else but you." He turned her head and kissed her then, holding her tightly.

<@Noriko> "I don't wa-" Her words cut off as the kiss happened, not that she minded as her arms came up to wrap around his neck and fall into the kiss. Nearly 5 months since she'd last kissed him properly made this one kiss feel like heaven had happened to her.

<Ankka> He held it for as long as he could, a hand sliding into her hair. "That's better." He murmured when they broke for air. "If I have to be Thor, you are totally my Sif." He kissed her again.

<Noriko> "I'd be way better then Sif." She said smugly returning the kiss with a smile, stroking at his hair and shifting on his lap again. "I love you Ankka."

<Ankka> "Of course, and I'm vay better than Thor." Ankka chuckled. "I love you too, Noriko. And I'm not going to leave you. Promise." He kissed her again, this time into the bed, wrapping around her. It had been a long time, after all, in a coma or not...