Winter 2015: Laura

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Winter 2015: Laura

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Hisako: Hisako couldn't help but giggle as she continued her dance routine; her speakers pumped the Tohou theme song, 'Bad Apple', as she hit every note with expert poise.

Hisako: One of the useful things, she believed, about having no room-mates for a while was that she could practice such things without needing to lock herself in the Danger Room; instead, she practiced in her own room, amongst her things, without a worry in the world.

Laura: Gathering her things hadn't taken very long because she didn't have much, despite the amount of stuff having grown since she first arrived. It made switching rooms far easier and faster. Shifting the two bags that were on her shoulder, Laura paused in front of the door, brow furrowing at the music coming from within. Should she knock or just walk in?

Laura: Laura supposed it was her room now and simply entered, blinking at the other girl. She recalled her from the light festival trip, how she'd freaked out at the body, and gave an awkward wave.

Hisako: At the door, Hisako froze, gasping aloud with a high pitched squeal at Laura watching her before darting over to the speakers and switching them off, "Y-you could have knocked!", she stammered, flushing deep red.

Laura: She simply voiced her thoughts on that matter, "I was not sure it was necessary, as I am to be staying here for the remainder of the year."

Hisako: "W-well, I was busy! And this is private!", Hisako pouted, hands on hips and head cocked to one side, wearing an awkwardly frustrated expression on her face, "Y-you can't just come in, you don't live in this room! W-who even are you, anyway?"

Laura: "But... I do live in this room now..." Laura replied, oblivious to the other's girl obvious embarrassment. She had just said that, had she not? Deciding it was likely better to avoid pointing that out, she added, "I am Laura Kinney."

Hisako: Hisako groaned, shaking her head and massaging her temple with a hand, "Ichiki Hisako.", she introduced herself nonchallantly, patting down her skirt and sitting down on her bed, "I suppose Kinney-san is here in Reyes-san or Penny's place?"

Laura: The look of confusion eased into her usual neutral expression as she nodded, more familiar with introductions. Taking another step into the room, she pushed the door closed behind her. "Penny, I believe."

Hisako: "O-k.", Hisako nodded, pausing for a while, "Sooooo: you are...quiet?"

Laura: After a glance between the beds, Laura determined which had been Penny's and moved to carefully set her bags down. She took a seat, cross-legged, in the center of the bed, "I believe I am. You are quite skilled at dancing."

Hisako: With a blush, Hisako frowned a little and looked away, "I-...! Ah...t-thank you."

Laura: "You are welcome," she replied, adding, "Miles has tried to teach me to... I think it was moonwalk..."

Hisako: Hisako looked up at Laura again, "Moonwalk?", she made a curious sound, "I-...t-the reason I don't talk about my dancing is I will become a stereotype.", she bit her lip, "Why is he not worried?"

Laura: "I do not know. I am not sure he worries about much though. I believe he said moonwalk is a, um... Michael Jackson thing?" Laura shrugged, brow furrowing as she questioned, "Stereotype?"

Hisako: "You do not know....what is a stereotype?", Hisako raised an eyebrow at Laura, "It is when people assume things of you because of race - like, people think black people steal things all times?"

Laura: "Yes, I know what a stereotype is, however I am not very familiar with any..." she shook her head, amending after a pause, "Other than ones about mutants, I suppose." Laura glanced over to the other girl, offering as an explanation, "I did not have a conventional childhood."

Hisako: With a blink, Hisako winced, "Oh! I am sorry, I didn't....", she poked two fingers together, "I....d-didn't realize.", she slapped her forehead, "I am very bad with this."

Laura: "It cannot be changed, so I am fine with it," Laura reassured the other girl. She admitted, "I, um... I am not very good at this either."

Hisako: "Oh.", Hisako smiled a little, "We already have at least this in common then, so this is good!", she gave the other girl a little grin and waved a little 'peace' symbol with her fingers, "Tell me about you, Kinney-san."

Laura: Laura returned the smile, shaking her head, "I am afraid I am not what most would call exciting, but I enjoy training, spending time with Curt, and karaoke with Professor Drake is fun. I have also recently discovered Star Trek."

Hisako: "Aha, so Kinney-san is geeky too?", Hisako grinned, sitting forward, "And exiting is something people perceive; most may not find you exciting but maybe their tastes are flawed.", she shrugged.

Laura: "That is true," Laura agreed with a nod, "I am learning about geeky things, yes. I have been compared to Data numerous times, so Curt decided to introduce me to the show. I am still trying to watch it all." After a moment of consideration, she asked, "Would you be interested in a marathon sometime?"

Hisako: Hisako tilted her head, "Oh, of what? Running or T.V shows?"

Laura: Laura's head tilted as well as she suggested, "Both?"

Hisako: "Keh?", Hisako scratched her head with a finger, "Maybe...? A marathon run in Christmas time seems...weird. But...we can watch T.V shows together."

Laura: She turned her head to peer out the window at all the snow, deciding, "We could always use the Danger Room, however I am fine with just shows."

Hisako: With a nod, Hisako smiled, "Maybe, yes. A chance to go and see Antigone again.", she tapped her lip with a finger, "Yes, and then maybe I can show you good Anime?"

Laura: "Antigone?" Laura raised an eyebrow, looking back to her, "Of course. I am always interested in seeing new things, especially if they are meant to be good."

Hisako: "Yes! Danger has a name now: she is 'Antigone'.", Hisako explained, "You must call her by this."

Laura: "Okay," she agreed. "Would you like to do this now, or would you prefer to continue dancing?"

Hisako: Hisako blushed a little, shaking her head, "N-no! No, let's...let's do something else. And don't tell people about my dancing, ok!?"

Laura: Laura glanced to her stuff, decided it could wait until later, and gave the other girl a small smile, "If you do not wish it known, I will not say anything."

Hisako: "Good.", Hisako smiled, "Then we will go!", she stood up, "Come, Kinney-san!"
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: Winter 2015: Laura

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Curt: Curt's mother had only been at the mansion, visiting for Christmas, for just 18 hours, and already Curt wanted to commit suicide. Between the constant assurances that he was going to "catch a bone-chill" if he didn't properly take care of his amputated limb and the stuffing of random cookies into poor Laura's mouth, he got the impression that Christmas dinner, which was nearly done, was going to be a doozy.

Curt: He eyed Laura as they set the table. He handed her the plates and tried to smile. Noticing the candles were still unlit, he let Laura take the plates and reached for the matches.

Laural: In a robotic manner, Laura carefully placed the plates in the correct spots and moved onto setting out the silverware. Despite the time spent with Curt's mother, she still wasn't exactly sure what to make of the woman. However, she was reluctant to refuse the cookies that were offered.

Curt: "Laura, dear!" The voice chimed in her usual, tinkling, high-pitch (and laced with a strong Australian accent). "You absolutely must open the Christmas Gift I got you before the morning. I realize it's only Christmas Eve, but I think you will really enjoy it!" She came out with a box wrapped tightly in shiny green paper with a red bow around it.

Curt: Curt sighed and squeezed the bridge of his nose. "Ma... that's not what I think it is, is it?" She rolled her eyes to her son. "Curtis, I'm allowed to dote on your little sheila..." She winked at Laura. Curt groaned.

Laura: "If that is what you wish," Laura agreed as she finished up with the silverware, moving back around the table to take the gift. "Thank you."

Curt: "You're quite welcome dear!" She said, opening his arms wide for a hug. Curt covered his eyes at the overwhelming awkwardness.

Laura: She blinked at the woman for a moment before the social cue registered, and then she stepped into the hug as well as tensely returned it.

Curt: Mrs. Connors nearly shook the life out of Laura as she hugged her. "Okay, you open the gift dearie, I'm gonna step back into the kitchen and finish up the roast." She touched her nose and pointed to Curt, who simply shrugged at this silly implied understanding that he had not been trained to process.

Curt: After she left, Curt approached Laura. "You don't... you don't have to wear it. I know what she did, she warned me she was going to. I didn't want her to get it, but she told me I either told her your size or she'd guess -- and I didn't want her to insult you."

Curt: He didn't know if that comment alone was insulting for most girls, but then again Laura was hardly 'most girls'.

Laura: Laura took a step back and, once the woman had returned to the kitchen, held the box up to her ear. Glancing over to Curt as he spoke, her brow furrowed, "Wear it?" She wasn't exactly sure why this was a bad thing, as she didn't have very many clothes to wear. Though, when she opened the gift, she could see why he was going on about it. "This... does not look practical..."

Curt: He groaned loudly. "Did she really get you a dress?"

Curt: "Don't you love it!?" her tinkling cry screeched through the halls. "I just knew that shade of green was your color! And what a wonderful holiday dress that even works in the spring too, you know? I mean, as college kids you must be going to all the parties and swinging clubs -" Curt tried to phase her out.

Curt: "You can totally fake appreciation and I'll return it with you if you want, it's not a big deal. I just don't want to offe-" She came in, both her oven mitts on. "Oh, Laura, as I see it now? It's perfect. You simply have to try it! Model for us, Laura! Hee-hee!"

Curt: Curt looked frantically for a gun.

Laura: Laura glanced from Curt to his mother, folding the dress before placing it back in the box, "Perhaps after dinner."

Curt: "Oh, Laura!" She said frowning. "I'm sorry if you don't like it, honey. I was being careless, I shouldn't have tried imposing that on you. I just keep seeing you and Curt together in my mind and it reminds me of his father and I when we were young, how we would doll up and go out dancing..." her eyes began to well up.

Curt: Curt held back a fourth groan and looked to Laura with puppy eyes.

Laura: "It is not that I do not like it," Laura said, "I would just prefer to try it on after dinner, as the meal is almost ready. Plus, I do not want to get anything on it."

Curt: "Are you sure you like it" She asked, her bottom lip quivering. "I can try again, I don't mind." Curt moved behind his mother and implored Laura to agree with multiple hand gestures and nodding.

Laura: "Of course," she mirrored Curt's nodding and tried to think of something else to say about the dress, "Green matches my eyes." That was about the extent of her fondness for the color green.

Curt: "Oh, it really does!" She wrapped Laura into another hug and kissed the top of her head repeatedly. "Merry Christmas!" And with that she went back down the hall to the kitchen. "The roast is almost done, kids!"

Curt: "Two more minutes!"

Curt: Curt collapsed into a chair and reached for Laura. "Halp."

Laura: Laura hadn't been expecting that hug, and she didn't have a chance to return it before Curt's mother had headed back to the kitchen. She took her own seat at the table, informing him, "That is not a word."

Curt: He smiled and exhaled, finally. "You're perfect, you know that?" he said, gently moving hair from her face and then pressing a small kiss on her lips.

Curt: "No necking!" Mrs. Connors cried louder than a parrot as she came in with the roast on a trolley, complete with the potatoes, asparagus, corn, carrots and turnip, mashed potatoes, and four different kinds of bread. "Wow, Ma I would've helped."

Curt: "Nonsense, I want to serve my boy one last Christmas Dinner!" He didn't like the finality of that statement, but he let it slide.

Laura: "I do not know what necking is," Laura mumbled, looking between Curt and all the food. She had no idea how they would even eat all of that between the three of them... Though, she supposed Lizard may be hungry later. ...For the roast, anyway.

Curt: "It's a... well... we do it, don't worry about it." He saw her eyeing it and smiled. "She cooks a lot."

Curt: "Now before you dig in, we have to say a prayer." his mother insist

Rachel: "I see that she has cooked a lot," Laura smiled back, shaking her head, "It is fine if your mother wishes to pray."

Curt: Curt eyed his mother as she bent her head and began the Lord's prayer. When it was done, Curt sighed relief and she started to cut the roast. "Curty, would you please get me some white wine and see what Laura wants, besides water?"

Curt: Curt looked to Laura and smiled. "Wine? Milk? Beer? Shots of tequila?" His mother grimaced.

Laura: "I actually like tequila, but water is fine," Laura insisted, returning the smile.

Curt: He poured her the water and poured the wine for his mother. He also poured some wine for himself as well. As they ate, Curt's mother tried to chat-up Laura. First on politics. "Laura, what do you think of the news fluttering around presidential candidates? I am assuming the more mutant-friendly types have your attention?"

Curt: Curt cut his beef very fast, slicing clean through it. He began cutting another piece, ferociously.

Laura: "I would imagine they would be of more interest, yes, however I do not know enough about the candidates yet to form a proper opinion," she answered smoothly, spearing some asparagus with her fork.

Curt: "Yes, there's not a lot out there yet." She agreed. "What are your views on some of the more conservative candidates trying to withhold funding on abortion clinics and women's health centers?" She didn't even look up from her meal as she asked this. Meanwhile, Curt choked on his wine, (second glass).

Laura: "I... am not quite sure," Laura answered honestly, adding after a bite, "I am not very well versed in politics."

Curt: "Curt always tried to stay out of it as well. The only times he seemed to care was when science was involved." She winked at Curt who was trying to drown himself in wine at this point. "And what about you two? You using protection?"

Curt: "I'd assume two college-age students, living together in a big house like this, probably go at it like dingoes?" She chuckled, enjoying making Curt nearly throw his plate onto the ceiling and run out. He was stuffing food into his mouth so that anything he might say would be muffled by all the contents in his mouth.

Laura: Laura blinked, not quite able to come up with any response but, "What?"

Curt: "Do you two use protection? You know, for when you go at it like a root-rat?" She eyed her son. "Boys are dogs, you need to train them properly Laura. Make Curt be a gentleman." Curt nearly screeched out of awkwardness and plugged his ears with two dinner rolls.

Laura: She simply stared at Curt's mother before shooting a look to Curt himself as she stated, "But... boys are not dogs..."

Curt: She laughed and took a sip of her wine. "Well, Curt has obviously been a gentleman then. I'm very impressed. I'm glad to hear that, Curt." Her son was currently texting Johnny about the level of awkwardness he had reached with dinner. (168%). "Yeah. Great. Mom, can you not ask about Laur and I's sex life?" Or lack thereof, he reminded himself.

Laura: Her brow furrowed, "...Is that what we are talking about?"

Curt: "No, it's what she's talking about." he said sharply. "And I don't think it's an appropriate dinner-discussion."

Laura: She glanced between them again. "Oh."

Curt: "Nonsense." She said to Curt. "Laura's a grown woman. I'm sure she is perfectly reasonable enough to talk girl-to-girl about this kind of thing. If it bothers you so much why don't you go find a new bottle of wine. It seems you somehow lost most of it in your own gullet." She winked at him. She missed these playful-jabs at her son. He used to be a wise-ass himself.

Curt: He seemed to have lost that over the years at XU.

Laura: "There is not much to discuss on the subject."

Curt: "Thank you!" He exclaimed. "Ah, well... I think an even better discussion would be how you're doing in school. What're you taking here, Laura?" Curt silently prayed to the Gods, any of them -- it didn't really matter which ones -- that his mother had changed course. Finally.

Laura: "You are welcome," Laura stated. In answer to the question, she added, "I take math, ethics, logical thinking, cultural arts, and life management skills, however I am interested in taking a few science classes sometime."

Curt: "Well, I'm sure Curt talks your ear off enough on that subject. Lord knows he did to me and his father." Curt suddenly realized what all this conversation was about. She was trying to fill in the empty space, the void of conversation, which was once filled with his father's good dialogue and engaging interactions.

Curt: "Mom, I'm really glad you came for Christmas." Curt said with an impressively confident smile.

Laura: "Indeed, though it is quite interesting." Laura nodded. Then, she focused on eating her food.

Curt: "He always was interesting." She remarked. Together they ate and soon after, Laura and Curt helped her clean up. They talked some more and soon after, Curt's mom was feeling the strain of her internal clock being pushed back nearly an entire day. "I'm exhausted, Curtis. I have to go to sleep. I hope you and you Laura enjoy the rest of your Christmas eve..." She kissed both of them on the forehead. "Have good dreams!"

Curt: She waved to them and went up to one of the guest rooms to sleep. Curt sighed relief and collapsed in the couch, opening up a bottle of red wine that had been resting in the cooler for dinner, and taking a swig of it, stared at the Christmas Tree. "That was exhausting."

Laura: Laura moved to take a seat next to him, shifting to lean against him and holding her hand out for the bottle. She wanted to try it. "I did not think it went that badly."

Curt: He passed the bottle. "Clearly you missed the part where she tried to find out if we were having sex."

Laura: She took a sip. "Is that a bad thing?"

Curt: "Well... yeah. Mostly because it's personal." he blushed and popped some holiday-candies into his mouth from the little dish on the coffee table. "Also because we haven't, and she expected that we had so... that's sort of a latent, inferiority-complex thing. I guess guys primarily would have that over women, but... Probably a bit Oedipal as well." He shook his head, getting those Freudian thoughts out of his mind.

Curt: "Point is, we haven't and I didn't want to discuss that, Least of all with her."

Laura: "I will keep that in mind should she bring the subject up again," Laura said after another sip and a few moments of consideration. She offered the bottle back.

Curt: He gladly took it and began to guzzle. "I think I'm going to get wasted and fall asleep here on the couch, you okay with that?" he asked.

Laura: Laura nodded and reached for the remote, "I believe I shall see if Star Trek is on while you do so."

Curt: He smirked and put his head in her lap. He snuggled into it and then looked up at her and said "You never tried that dress on..." He couldn't control his smirk.

Laura: "Of course I did not. It is a completely impractical thing to wear," she replied as she flipped through the channels, "I was not going to say anything to remind her."

Curt: "... It's not practical for fighting and such but... I think my mom's not completely wrong." he reached up and his hand drunkenly touched her lips. "You'd look really sexy in it." Curt is officially drunk. he thought to himself. He realized he should put his bottle down. He carefully did so, on the floor.

Laura: He received an unimpressed glance, "And the point in that is...?"

Curt: "... 'Cause it's fun?" He tried to figure out why that was important. "Evolutionarily speaking it's very important. Like... how birds look pretty to attract mates. They puff out so the girls notice them-wait shouldn't that mean guys wear skirts?"

Curt: "Well wait no, some do. And... we do wear cologne and colorful ties." He looked back up at her. "Should I wear more ties?" he pondered.

Laura: Settling on the channel, Laura set the remote aside and placed an arm around him, nodding, "I suppose that makes sense, however I believe you should go to sleep. I will try the dress on some other time."

Bman: "Nuuuu...." he reached up and tried to get his arms around her to pull her down to him. "You should try it on nooowwww."

Bman: "... Or don't try anything oooon."

Laura: "I believe I will settle for not trying anything on because then I would have to get up and would miss this part of the show."

Curt: Curt grumbled and rolled over, burying his face in between her legs. Then he rolled over again and buried his face into her belly. Lifting up her shirt, he blew a loud, awful, raspberry into her tummy. "*Pfffftttt* Bwaahahaha!"

Laura: Face twisting, Laura squirmed at the raspberry. Then, she simply shoved him off the couch. That took care of the problem.

Curt: Curt flailed as he fell off. "Whoop!" He giggled as he rolled under the coffee table. "You're a sly one... Mr. Grinch... you reallllly aaaare, a heeeeeel! You're as saucy as a.... meatball... you're as slippery as an eel, misterrr Griiiiinch!"

Curt: He rolled around to her feet and began to tickle them. "I wouldn't touch you with a... something-something-and-a-half-foot-poooole!"

Laura: Pulling her legs up to sit cross-legged, she reached for the bottle of wine, deciding the best solution was to leave Curt singing under the coffee table. If anyone had a problem with it, they could deal with him.

Curt: He rolled around some more, realized he was quite nauseous, and curled up under the table, pulling at the blanket on the couch. "I'm gonna go to sleep..."

Curt: "Wake me when Data dies."

Laura: She blinked and looked down to the coffee table, mouth hanging open. She wanted to ask what he meant, but she knew he was already asleep.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Re: Winter 2015: Laura

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Curt: Curt mixed them both a mimosa made of champagne and orange juice (blended with grapefruit juice), and he winked to Laura, passing her the drink.

Curt: "This is a mimosa. Perfect New Years Eve beverage!" He smiled as some quasi-famous person mumbled about how beautiful the evening was and how stellar the ball at Times Square looked.

Laura: Taking the drink from Curt, Laura eyed it for a few moments, able to smell the citrus. She took a small sip and smiled slightly at him, "It is fairly good."

Curt: Curt: "They're not bad, yeah." He raised his glass for a toast. "To a new year of happiness, togetherness, and hopefully less zombies and other crazy crap." He clinked his glass against hers.

Laura: Laura snorted, decided she could toast to that, and clinked her glass against his before taking a sip. "So... Is that all we do for this holiday?"

Curt: "Toast? Well, no. You usually go to a party, but Times Square is not much of a party. No alcohol, and you can't move anywhere for several hours. Just loud. I would say a lot of people make resolutions and play games."

Laura: "Oh." She considered this for a few moments, "How is that different than any other day?"

Curt: "... I suppose the big deal is that it's the start of a new year, so you make a resolution to change something for the better. For instance, my resolution is to buckle down and get my schooling done so I can get a teaching job once I graduate." shrugging he motioned to the TV where a not-so-rockin'-New-Years-Eve was going on with Ryan Seacrest.

Curt: "They're all making resolutions too. Most of them probably don't want to drink or eat crap anymore, but there they are eating doritos and drinking once they get off TV and back to their city apartments to party. Most resolutions fall apart but the objective on New Years Eve is to make a determined, positive change for the oncoming year."

Laura: "The point is to make a plan in order to achieve a long-term goal," Laura clarified as she eyed the television. "That seems simple enough, though I am not sure why it takes being a new year to do such things."

Curt: "Because people are silly and they enjoy special occasions and reasons to drink." he shipped the mimosa and winked. "What's yours gonna be?"

Laura: Laura still didn't see the point in having a holiday for that, but she let the subject go, blinking at the question instead. "I am not sure..."

Curt: "Well, what is something you would want to change for the next year?"

Laura: Taking a sip of her drink, her brow furrowed, and she asked, "How are you supposed to decide something like this in one night?"

Curt: "You don't have to. It's usually something someone has been thinking on for awhile. For instance, something that has been bothering you." He shrugged and thought about it. "Think about what you could change from this year."

Laura: "I suppose it would be good to avoid working for an evil scientist and then joining a kill squad," Laura half-joked before she put some serious thought into it. After a few moments, she continued more seriously, "I want to do good things. With the X-men, that is."

Curt: Curt smiled, glad to hear some humor from her. "That sounds like a good one. Anything else? Maybe... find your mother?" he suggested.

Laura: Laura blinked at him at the suggestion, slowly nodding, "That would be a good one."

Curt: "Great! To finding your mom and finding me a teaching career!" he raised his glass for another toast.

Laura: She had absolutely no idea how she was going to go about finding her mother, but she supposed she could make a plan later and toasted with Curt.

Curt: Curt smiled at Laura in her beautiful dress that his mother had bought her. "I hate to admit it... I mean I really, really hate to admit it... but my mom picked out a great dress for you." He kissed her and winked.

Laura: "Thank you. I suppose it is fine to wear when sitting and doing nothing," Laura shrugged, glancing down at herself.

Curt: Chuckling Curt refilled their drinks. "So what do you think is going to happen next year? Think .... 8 students will go missing in some freakish abduction and we'll have to rescue them from like... werewolf mutants?" He snorted at the idea but he was mostly laughing to cover up how realistic this scenario could be.

Laura: "Hopefully nothing, especially not that," she made a face.

Curt: "Not a werewolf fan?" he teased. "How about vampires? Or Borg?"

Laura: "I imagine they shed," Laura answered with a slight smirk, shaking her head, "I am not really a fan of any of those. None of them are really good things."

Curt: "What if we got infested with tribbles!?" he said excitedly, squeezing her sides and attempting to tickle her as well. "They're so adorable!"

Curt: "You can't resist!"

Laura: She simply looked between his hands and face, brow furrowed. She definitely could resist, however she agreed, "Tribbles would make for a nice change."

Curt: "It would be nice yeah." he said, saddened his tickling had no effect on her. "You don't get tickled, huh? At all. I'm sorta wondering what that means for .... other stuff."

Curt: "You think you're going to be okay with that... other stuff. When it comes?"

Laura: Laura was still staring at him with her brow furrowed in confusion. "Why are you talking like that? What 'other stuff'?"

Curt: He groaned but couldn't help but laugh as well. "You are going to get wrinkles if you keep getting confused all the time." he pointed to her brow. "I mean... Like... sexy stuff, I guess. You know, tickling is sort of a pleasure thing. Not necessarily of your will, but I'm worried you might have trouble firing off those uh... sentiments. During the time. In which they would be fired off."

Laura: She simply shook her head slowly, unsure of how to respond to that.

Curt: He shook his head with her. "... Should I explain it again?"

Laura: "No. I think we should watch this ball drop they have been talking about the entire night."

Curt: He sighed, deciding to let it go. "Okay, ... well... it's in 5 minutes so let's get ready. You got the streamers and the silly little kazoo thing?" he asked

Laura: Laura nodded to the coffee table.

Curt: "Alright! And you have a full glass of mimosa?" He looked to see she in fact did. "Alwright. Now we need one more thing." He pulled out a small, kiddie-keyboard powered by batteries. Turning it on, he played with the keys with his one hand. He played the Simpsons theme very quickly.

Curt: "Ok, it works."

Laura: "What is that for?" she questioned.

Curt: "So I can play Auld Lang Syne!" He chirped, looking for the right keys and chords. "I can do it with one hand... not very good, but I can do it."

Laura: "Play what?"

Curt: "Auld Lang Syne, it's the sorta... hymn and anthem for New Year's. It's an old Scottish song." he played the keys and sang a few words. "Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind? Should auld acquaintance be forgot and age in auld lang syne." He shrugged. "There's a few variations."

Laura: "Oh." Laura decided it was another thing about New Years she just was not going to understand and reached for her drink, eying the clock in the corner of the screen that was counting the time down.

Curt: "Thirty seconds left, Laura! 2016 here we come!" The masses of people were counting down and Curt began to chant with them from couch.

Laura: Laura wasn't sure what to make of counting it down and remained silent as she watched the ball drop. They'd spent two hours watching the program, and the whole thing just seemed anticlimactic. What was supposed to be so impressive about that?

Curt: When the ball dropped everyone began cheering and Curt blew into his kazoo with the tapered ribbon that blew out from the end. He then threw some snappers at the floor and began to play "Auld Lang Syne" on the keyboard. "It's 2016!!" he shouted, then he did what everyone else on TV was doing. He started the new year with a kiss.