Christmas 2015: Clarice

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Christmas 2015: Clarice

Post by puppygirl »

<@Mayday> Mayday giggled to herself, scuttling along the room, up the wall, across the celling and back down the other side again, humming to herself. There were certain perks about having eight legs and nothing to do, and she was glad she was finally seeing that.

<@Mayday> Confident that the others would find a way to help her, she simply accepted that for now, she was Spider-May, and that was all right; "Do-de-doo, Do-de-doo, doo-de-doo-de-do, do-do-doo...."

<Clarice> "That's pretty catchy," Clarice piped up, coming back in from the clean rooms and peeling her gloves off, "You seem a bit more chipper today," she flashed the other girl a wide grin.

<@Mayday> Mayday stopped, upside down on the celling, and stood 'up' straight, turning to Clarice, "I took your advice, staying positive!", she smiled, webbing the celling and rappelling down to her level, "'Sup?"

<Clarice> "Awesome!" Clarice did a little glee clap, "Oh! Dr.s MacCoy and Summers have finished their last batch of tests and they think, think that they might have something to de-carapace you."

<@Mayday> "R-really!?", Mayday crawled up to the glass, sticking against it, "W-what is it? A-am I gonna be cured!?"

<Clarice> "Well, they ran a few tests on your blood samples and it seemed to work up to a point, but there's no way of knowing just how much it'll effect actual you till we give it a shot," Clarice shrugged, "my gut feeling is that it'll work though!"

<@Mayday> Mayday laughed, bobbing up and down on her legs, "O-ok! Ok, let's do it!", she clapped, "Oh, gosh, thank you so much!!!"

<Clarice> "It's nothing to intrusive, we just have to inject you with some base human DNA," Clarice explained, pulling on some new gloves and hunting for a syringe, "in the lab it like ... caused your sample to revert back to a more human strand."

<@Mayday> "W-wait, will I lose my powers?", Mayday's hand covered her mouth, she wasn't sure if she wanted to risk being completely Human again after everything she'd been through, "I-I'd lose my home here if I was just plain old Mayday again, wouldn't I?"

<Clarice> Clarice smiled as she went to get the sample from the fridge, "It won't take away your X-Gene, silly-face, gosh, if it was that easy to 'cure' us you think Trask would have kidnapped so many of us?" She prepared the needle, "Umm ... you're okay with needles right? You don't like ... have a phobia?"

<@Mayday> Mayday shook her head, "N-no. You're right, sorry...", she smiled, "Come on, I'm totally ready!"

<Clarice> "Right," Clarice turned around and eyed May up and down, "... Ah ... problem ... I need to find an artery to poke this in ...."

<@Mayday> "M-maybe my arms?", Mayday spread all four of them, "....erm....pick one?", she smirked awkwardly.

<Clarice> "According to my text books when you have to give spiders injections they should go in the cephalothorax ... uh ... that would be your chest," Clarice worried her lip, mutant medicine was a veritable gauntlet of unexpected challenged, and she briefly wondered if she should have let the two staff members talk her into doing this ...

<@Mayday> "With some reluctance, Mayday nodded, pushing her chest forward, "....'k, like this?", she squirmed a little, itching her bulb with a hind leg, "I-I'm kinda nervous...."

<Clarice> "It's okay," Clarice looked over May's chest to see if there were any gaps in the exoskeleton, of course they wouldn't be that lucky, "I'm ... I'm gonna hafta just punch it through hon, this is probably really going to hurt, do you want something to bite on?"

<@Mayday> Mayday shyed away, "O-oh, Jesus...", she frowned, "...I-I.....y-yeah...", she curled her hands inwards, clutching her body as if to give herself a hug, "....oh, God..."

<Clarice> A bit more rummaging produced a roll of clean cloth for the purpose, which she handed over, "Do you want me to count down, or would you rather I just did it without warning?" She asked, trying not to let her nerves show.

<@Mayday> Taking the cloth in shaking hands, Mayday shrugged, "J-just do it, I think...", she placed the cloth into her jaw and tensed her mandibles as she bit down on it, "Mmmph, rhhdy.", she affirmed, all her eyes squeezing shut.

<Clarice> Clarice took a deep breath and carefully placed the tip of the thick, adrenal needle against May's carapace, Here goes nothing... With a grunt she forced the needle though and injected May, it was like trying to force a knitting needle through plywood.

<@Mayday> The stab made Mayday shriek into the cloth, biting down so hard she was certain it would draw blood from her teeth as she felt the cool steel of the needle enter her chest. The hairs along her back and on her bulb stood on end, her hind legs spasming to spray the air around her with them as a subconscious defence mechanism.

<Clarice> "EEEEEYOWCH!" Clarice shrieked, pulling the needle out and dropping it to the floor, gripping her arm, several long, dark, wire-like hairs were protruding from the arm of her lab coat, "Oh ... poopy!" She said through gritted teeth.

<@Mayday> Mayday recoiled, clutching her chest and looking up at Clarice, "S-sorr-!", she managed, feeling her body convulse, similarly to how it had when she transformed. With a groan, she shuffled into a corner, curling as her body's transformation started in reverse.

<Clarice> "N-No, it's okay, n-not your fault ... wow, that's fast," she blinked over at the girl, watching her transform, And really, really gross!

<@Mayday> Crying out as her body started to resemble a more human shape, Mayday cringed, shaking her head as the mandibles retracted into her back again, and her bulb started to re-form into her back. Moments of bones cracking and skin re-knitting later, and Mayday lay in the darkness, her naked frame curled into the corner of the room.

<Clarice> Clarice gripped her arm above the elbow to stifle the pain and blood flow some as she approached Mayday carefully, "May? Are you okay?"

<@Mayday> Mayday looked up, coughing a little and crawling into the light, her body covered in little patches of blood, "I-I....", she looked down at herself, and her six arms, "....have....s-six arms....",

<@Mayday> At that, her stomach couldn't take any more: she coughed up a little bit of sick.

<Clarice> Clarice just stared for a moment, "That ... is so COOL!" She squealed, "Oh my gosh! Can you move them? Can you move them independently of each other? Do you have feeling in them? Oh my gosh, can I x-ray you to see how it works-uh-oh!" Puke! Not cool! "Ooookay," she grabbed the blanket off the cot and grabbed a glass of water for May, "Deep breaths now sweetie, cover yourself up with this," she handed the blanket over.

<@Mayday> Two of her arms garbed Mayday in the towel while another took the glass of water and sipped it. A fourth wiped her mouth as she looked up at Clarice, "I-I can move them all like....i-it just comes naturally.", she shuddered, "I-I look.....like me again?"

<Clarice> Clarice grinned and nodded, "You are back to your pasty, geeky, white-girl self my friend ... with extra Halo Online booty-whooping potential," she watched the arms move in pure fascination.

<@Mayday> Mayday scratched her head with one, looking at the unoccupied limbs, "H-how is this even physiologically possible? I-I should be normal again....", she frowned a little, "Clarice, a-am I stuck like this?"

<Clarice> Clarice shrugged, "I dunno May, the docs wanted to see you when you recovered so you'll have to ask them ... but if you are, look on the bright side, you'll never have to wear a bra again," she giggled.

<@Mayday> "I-I like wearing bras!", Mayday flushed, "I-I mean....like...I can't just run around like Kypriss from Timesplitters!", she sighed, she could. She knew she could. "M-maybe this is temporary too, right?", she stood up, stumbling back down, "Whoa....n-no balance..."

<Clarice> "Yeah, four extra limbs would wreck that," Clarice smiled, "And it might be, we might be able to like ... reset your mutation and purge the spider DNA, but this is better for now right?"

<@Mayday> Mayday's eyes widened, "P-purge....!?", she looked panicked, her eyes welling up a little, "B-but if I lost my powers....I'd...", she couldn't even bear the thought, "I-I wouldn't be me any more!", with a sharp breath, she slipped, stumbling into the wall and sliding down it, "I-I'm not gonna be the Spider-Girl any more?"

<Clarice> "Hey, hey, calm down, it might not come to that," Clarice soothed, "it's just a possibility ... admittedly the only one I can think of but heck, I'm not a doctor or anything, I'm just a freshman."

<@Mayday> "Y-yeah, you're right.", Mayday nodded, taking a few deep breaths and wiping her eyes, "I-I'm sorry, this is all just so.....oh, God, I don't even know...", she groaned.

<Clarice> Clarice smiled, "It's messed up," she winced and tightened her grip on her arm, "Ugh ... I'd better do something about these," she eyed the hairs sticking out of her arm and the spots of blood staining the arm of her lab coat.

<@Mayday> Mayday looked at her arm, gasping, "Oh, Christ! I-I'm so sorry!", she stood, slipping over again, "Damnit, arms!", she snapped, "I-I can help you! M-maybe...?", she forced herself onto her feet with a great deal of effort.

<Clarice> "Naw, it's okay, I've had worse, this is just gonna itch like a straw vest for a few days I think ... pretty sure Dr, MacCoy can yank them out with some tweezers or something, you just chill and get your bearing, okay hon?"

<@Mayday> "I-I want to help!", Mayday insisted, slowly managing on her feet and shambling forward awkwardly, all her spare hands outstretched, "This is just the worst ever.....", she sighed, actually giggling a little at how ridiculous the situation felt.

<Clarice> Clarice joined in the giggling, "You look like a mortal kombat character, if you wanna help you can help me track down Dr. MacCoy ... though you ... uhh ... may wanna sorta out your toga there before we go anywhere."

<@Mayday> Mayday blushed a little, realizing that her whole lower region was on show. The towel dropped over her bum as she blushed, two arms covering her chest, "T-then get me some clothes!", she turned to Clarice, smile still stuck on her face, "Pervert!", she stuck out her tongue, feeling more like her old self than ever. Even with six arms.

<Clarice> "I prefer outies to innies," Clarice poked her tongue back, then grimaced, "Oh man ... it's itching .... oh man it's starting to itch real bad!"

<@Mayday> "Oh, my God, wait...", Mayday approached her, "T-the Black Arrow's bristles can cause major inflaming!", she went for her bum, realizing that she wasn't about to find her iPhone against her rump, "Come on: we need to get you something to sterilize it!"

<Clarice> "Well, rumour has it Dr. MacCoy prefers his outies as well so I think your honour is safe if we go get him," Clarice screwed her eyes shut to try and ignore the maddening itching, "Shall we then?" She asked through gritted teeth.

<@Mayday> Mayday nodded, scrambling for the door, "All right: this way, let's go!", ignoring her physiological predicament, she darted to the medlab to get help. "It's good to be back! ....kinda!",
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"