Summer 2015: Lukas

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Summer 2015: Lukas

Post by Ferguson »

<@Lorna> The familiar donging sound rousted Fabian up enough to realize they were just about to land. "Mmm, that went faster than expected." He commented, sitting up in his seat and stretching. "How about you two?"

<Ankka> Ankka opened an eye, before yawning and stretching, opening both properly. "Long and boring." He muttered. "I've had more exciting essays."

<Lukas> Lukas jostled awake and flailed his arm a bit. Looking over at his friend, he grinned, then looked to his cousin. "I slept like a baby when I was finishing a book. Flights are always so peaceful."

<@Lorna> "Then you should have had more champagne." Fabian pointed out to Ankka, downing his glass before the flight attendant would be on her way through to retrieve it.

<Ankka> "Champagne is disgusting." Ankka snorted. "Besides, I've never been comfortable in planes. This is the first civilian flight I have ever taken, you know that?" He had to admit though...first class was nice.

<Lukas> "I quite agree, Ankka, champagne is disgusting. That's why I've been drinking whiskey for the past hour," Lukas lifted his tumbler in a salute and downed it.

<@Lorna> He shook his head at both of them. "Just as long as you're both capable of walking to the car I suppose?"

<Ankka> Ankka raised a finger. "Is not right vhiskey." He protested mildly. "Is not alcoholic enough."

<@Lorna> "...are you sure they didn't cut you off?"

<Ankka> "Vhat? Is not. Is not my fault I am used to 60% alcohol so I vas drinking it like vater..."

<Lukas> "It's not the airline's fault you've the constitution of a Viking and normally drink things that are more than 60% alcohol," he snorted a bit and settled in for landing.

<Ankka> Ankka muttered to himself. "I am a Wiking, Lukas." He gave the pretty flight attendant a flirty smile that made her giggle as she collected up the boy's glasses in preperation for landing. "Is vhy I get to fight vith an axe, yes?"

<@Lorna> Fabian leaned a bit closer to Lukas to whisper. "I cannot tell when your cousin is drunk or sober."

<Lukas> "It's really the same either way, he just slurs more when drunk," Lukas shrugged and smirked a bit.

<Ankka> Ankka gave them both suspicious looks. "...Usually is better to just assume I'm drunk all the time." He said finally. They weren't going to steal his wodka, right?

<@Lorna> "Well, I look forward to hearing the difference." Fabian laughed, glancing out the window as they came around for the landing. "Ahhh, home."

<Lukas> Lukas looked out the window and smiled ", wonderful place to spend time. We'll have to show him the sights, Fae." Sitting up, Lukas straightened his shirt.

<Ankka> Ankka looked out as well, curiousity on his face. "I have never been to this part of the vorld." He murmured as the plane dropped altitude.

<@Lorna> "Not to worry, we'll definitely be taking you around before we take off. I'll want to escape the house after having the 'family talk' after all. Not every day I come home to say my sister is in prison."

<Ankka> Ankka winced slightly at that. "To be fair, she did try to make me kill my professor, mmm?"

<Lukas> "Oh, I'm not going to have to sit in on that conversation, am I? I was the only other one with you two when we left," he wrinkled his nose.

<@Lorna> "Oh no, no I'll make sure the two of you are well out of the way for that. That doesn't sound like the best conversation to have witnesses for."

<Ankka> Ankka nodded, raking a hand through his hair as the captain came over the intercom, droning on about landing, safety and no getting up until everything had stopped. "Probably best, yes?"

<Lukas> "Most definitely, though after that we'll have to take Fabian out to get absolutely trashed," Lukas shifted a bit and popped his ears.

<Fabian> "All kinds of trashed." Fabian agreed with a laugh. It shouldn't be too terrible of a conversation though. After all, there wasn't really that much he could have done differently. He turned back around, fastening his seatbelt as they finally began to come down.

<@Ankka> Ankka did the same, still complaining under his breath about the crappy alcohol. "Vell, ve did promise he'd embarress himself all sorts of vays, yes?"

<Lukas> "I somehow think that on this trip we're all going to embarrass ourselves in one way or another," Lukas strapped himself in and settled back in the seat ", damn but I can't wait to stretch my legs."

<@Ankka> "Can't vait to get off this plane. I don't like flying much. Not much point vhen I can do it myself, yes?" Ankka rubbed his face. "Besides, they don't make seats for my size. I feel like I've been curled up the entire flight."

<Lukas> Looking at his cousin, Lukas smirked ", I am so very glad that I am not built like a brick wall of flesh. I'll take my slight build and tall height, thank you."

<Fabian> "Well...that is because you're freakishly large. I think they would have protested you flying alongside the plane though. Probably makes people nervous...and geese." Fabian added thoughtfully, watching out the window as they finally began to touch down.

<@Ankka> "Is not my fault I failed the genetics lottery, yes? There is nothing in my family to even give the idea of being a brick vall."

<Lukas> "I know, I'm part of your family. I blame our mothers. They have big blond viking blood in their genetics somewhere and you lucked out," Lukas smirked ", I, however, remain the pale striking figure of grace."

<Fabian> Fabian just glanced to Ankka again. "...bears." That explained it. Soon enough the plane was coasting up to the gate and he took his seatbelt back off. "Well gentlemen, welcome to Barcelona. I just hope the damned car is ontime."

<@Ankka> "Either that or I really am sired by Odin." Ankka chuckled a little nervously, taking off his belt and standing up - and as if to prove a point, smacking his head off the overhead. A few choice Finnish swearwords came out on principle - after all, it didn't hurt.

<Lukas> Lukas pulled his seat belt off and slid his sunglasses on. Turning his attention to Ankka, an eyebrow slid up ", you certainly were not. Not unless there's something your father isn't telling us." He looked at Fabian and grinned ", how's it feel to be home?"

<@Ankka> Ankka looked up and rubbed his head, grumbling a little. "Vas a joke. Come on, I vant to get off."

<Fabian> "Practically orgasmic." Fabian announced, standing up and stretching. "Quit your griping, you're ruining the afterglow."

<Lukas> The laugh Lukas let out was practically a cackle. He stepped into the aisle and stretched as well.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Re: Summer 2015: Lukas

Post by Ferguson »

<MrCortez> Esteben was already seated, glass of wine in his hand and a singularly unimpressed look on his distinguished features. Despite the grey at his temples, his eyes were sharp as he waited for his disappointment of a son and his...companions to join them. This dinner was going to prove as amusing as it would embarressing, he was sure, and he was determined he would be on the amused side.

<Fabian> "Right...mother made her excuses all ready so it's just going to be us and father so...good luck and try not to embarass yourselves." Fabian only half-teased those who were going in with him, putting on a smile and opening the door to the room. "I see you've beat us in."

<@Ankka> "Noted." Ankka was smart in new jeans and a black shirt, his hair pulled back and tied into the usual knot that kept the gold locks out of his face. So...play the big dumb Fin. He was good at that, he'd seen the look on Fabian's face.

<MrCortez> "You're late." Were the only words of greeting, a pleasent if cold smile directed at the other two before he gestured at the set places curtly. "Please, be seated and perhaps we can start."

<Lukas> Lukas saluted Fabian and smirked. Settling his shirt right, he walked into the room and smiled brightly at Mr Cortez. "Oh you know us, sir. Fashionably late, can't have you thinking we're predictable or anything of the like," he looked to Fabian and smiled, sitting himself down at the table.

<MrCortez> The man actually smiled then, expression a little warmer. He'd always liked the dark, pale young man who'd been good enough to accompany his son. "Of course not, Lukas. It's good to see you none-the-worse for your encounter with the X-Men." His gaze turned on the huge blond oxen that hovered behind Fabian, raising an eyebrow.

<@Ankka> Ankka gave him a half-smile, sitting down himself, though first impressions were telling him he wasn't going to like this man. "Ve did try not to damage them too much, sir."

<Fabian> Fabian inwardly winced at the 'we'...or, rather 've'. Please don't let that become an issue right now, please. This was why he should have probably coach them on a few things to avoid. "Yes, Father, this is Lukas' cousin, Donald...though he preferes Ankka. Ankka, my father."

<MrCortez> An eyebrow went up. "Ah, so this is the infamous Donald." The smile was...well, it was friendly, in a certain light. "An honour, indeed, to have one of the world's saviours in my home." The look Fabian got, however, said everything.

<Fabian> Well fuck.

<Lukas> Lukas narrowed his eyes at the older man. Smiling a bit ", yes, we were quite close growing up. Drifted apart a bit over the years you can imagine."

<@Ankka> Ankka hadn't really missed the look, inwardly wincing. Right. X-Men was a bad thing to talk about. "But ve're trying to fix that now, hence vhy I'm travelling vith these two - thank you for letting me stay, Mr Cortez, is wery appreciated." Just don't end up slipping into Finnish with nerves, and he'd be fine.

<Fabian> This was just such a bad idea. Fabian wondered why he had thought it could have been a good idea in the first place, then remembered that alcohol had been involved...and goats. God, he was becoming one of them. "Well, we do want you to see the best our part of the world has to offer, yes?" Yes, keep everything cordial and about making a good impression. Maybe his father would see it a point in favour of keeping decent allies if the X-men did get the chance to help get some favours for prisoners.

<Lukas> Clapping his hands together to break the tension and then rubbing them, Lukas smiled. Looking around the room, his gaze settled on Mr Cortez. "So what have you prepared for us for dinner this fine evening, Mr Cortez?"

<Ankka> MrCortez: "Of course I'd let the...friends of my son stay in my house. It's hardly a trial." He'd have the guest rooms scrubbed after this. The ox had 'farmhand' written all over his big, dumb features. His attention shifted to Lukas, smiling, before his look slid to Fabian. "Our part of the world is the best. Asparagus, lemon and whitefish for starters, blue-cheese steak with the trimmings and then I believe a rather delightful cheesecake and home-made icecream."

<@Lorna> "You certainly have to tip your hat to our chef, he most certainly knows what he is doing." Fabian had his cordial smile firmly plastered on, determined to keep it on through this whole ordeal. "Easily one of the top ten things I was beginning to miss while away."

<Ankka> MrCortez: "Family, I hope, being on the top." Petty? Perhaps, but it stung that his little girl wasn't sitting down with them.

<Ankka> Ankka shifted a little uncertainly in his seat. In Finland, if someone had problems, they aired them, they didn't hide behind snide comments that meant different things, depending on the person. He probably shouldn't mention that Fabian's sister had tried to make him kill a fellow X-Man then...

<@Lorna> "Absolutely." Fabian assured his father.

<Ankka> Mr.CortezThat earned a snort over his wineglass, barely audible.

<Lukas> The look Lukas gave Ankka was bland and smiling as could be but his eyes very clearly said no, don't mention that part.

<@Lorna> Fabian kept his gameface despite desperately wanting to roll his eyes at thie snort. "Soon, however, that will not be a problem."

<Ankka> MrCortez: He merely nodded, a small smile toying with the corner of his mouth as he raised his back as the doors to the kitchen opened. "Ah, food."

<Ankka> Oh thank the Gods, food. Ankka met his cousin's look, smile as bland as Lukas' and gave him a slight half-shrug. Big dumb Fin. Yeah yeah. He coughed politely. "I must admit, I haven't been out of Finland much. Your house...it is wery beautiful, Mr Cortez." When all else fails, compliment the house!

<Lukas> Lukas watched them intently, playing the game with them. Cortez family politics was something of a tight rope. He looked back to Ankka and smiled a bit. With any luck that distraction would take them through dinner. "And the food smells absolutely divine."

<@Lorna> Food, Fabian had never before been so happy to see food. It was truly a savoury savior. "We have always been quite proud of it, it's been in the family for a ridiculous amount of time." Well, Ankka at least had natural manners. That should carry him over well enough.

<Ankka> Ankka smiled as the food was bought in. "You should be. Perhaps one day I can show you vhere I grew up - hardly as luxurious as this, but my cabin isn't something to laugh at." He tilted his head at Lukas, happy to distract from the politics. "I added more onto it the summer before I vent into national service, Lukas - it has another level and a sunken bath now."

<Ankka> MrCortez: He'd raised an eyebrow as the large man talking about his cabin. "Indeed. We are an old, old family, quite powerful in this part of the world...with certain traits passed from parents to children. Mostly."

<@Lorna> Fabian was glad he hadn't managed to get anything in his mouth just yet because he was pretty sure he would choke at that. "Yes, I'm sure many people would say some fine qualities seem to skip a generation." Such as reasonableness and sense.

<Lukas> "Oh, the idea of a sunken bath is just delightful. It's best in the winter," he noded and smiled a bit ", we'll have to visit it this summer and show Fabian. I'm sure he'll appreciate it." He watched as the food was laid out and raised an eyebow at Fabian, silently asking if he was okay.

<@Lorna> "I'd be delighted to make the trip." I'd be delighted to stab an old man's hand with my fork and twist.

<Ankka> "Then ve shall go and see it. I vas planning on making an outdoor one this summer at some point - sheltered, so I can use it in the vinter too." Ankka tucked into the food, playing the oblivious card and wondering if he could get away with shocking the man's overwrought chair. He knew those tones. "Also, I vant to pick up the volf pelt - you remember, the one that mauled me a few years back, Lukas?"

<Ankka> MrCortez: So this was what his blood was reduced to. Hanging out with foriegners that liked to bathe in the snow and wrestle animals. He sighed, tucking into his meal. "I assume, then, you won't be staying long?"

<Lukas> "Do you still have the bear skin rug in the front room," he asked with an innocent smile ", I remember the wolf. I also remember what you did to it." He started into his own meal, narrowing his eyes slightly at Mr Cortez but keeping his courteous smile on his face.

<@Lorna> "Well, until you do need me when it comes to my sister's return in any case. I assume this short stay will be enough to assure our friends that I'm at least not missing and not many will bother you with questions."

<Ankka> "Of course I still have the bear! I'm going to keep the pelt of an animal that scarred me, yes?" Ankka chuckled. "It vas a good day, vith the volf I mean. It chose a bad day to come for the young deer, mmm?"

<Ankka> MrCortez: He listened to the Viking babble on about wolf-killing, trying not to imagine him with fur and mead in hand and possibly one of those stupid horned helmets. It was hard. But...still...if this was an X-Man...he frowned a little in thought before glancing at his son. "How thoughtful." He murmured quietly. "And I doubt I'll need your help much for that. You've done so much already."

<@Lorna> "Point, I've given you everything you need." Fabian smiled his absolute best pleased with himself smile at that. After all, he returned himself and he dropped allies right into his father's head. It all depended on him if he could take the help or spit in it's face.

<Lukas> Lukas had to bite back a growl at the sniping comment from Mr Cortez. He watched his best friend and continued to eat. There was really nothing for him to say to them ", yes, Ankka, a truly terrible day for the wolf."

<Ankka> The large blond couldn't help the smirk at his cousin's tone, catching the undercurrent and flicking a look at Fabian and his father. He finished his starter, absently wondering where the rest of it was, sitting back. "Vell, I like pelts too. And I von, it vas a fair fight, same vith the bear...though maybe the shotgun vas a little much." Because if he'll take on a bear and a wolf for deer, he'd deal with a stupid man for a friend.

<Ankka> MrCortez: He smirked. "Yes. You have." His eyes left his son dismissively and went to Lukas and Ankka. "Everything I need. So tell me, Lukas...do you plan on joining this...X-Men nonsense? You always seemed relatively sensible to me."

<Lukas> Lukas picked up his napkin and wiped his mouth. Smiling as he set the cloth back down, he folded his hands together and looked to Mr Cortez. "Thank you, I do like to think of myself as sensible. I mean why exactly would I take up the offer of a relatively safe home or a good education," -he laughed brightly and looked the older man in the eye ", it's just mind boggling that someone would like to stay in a place where people don't look down their noses at you, correct?"

<@Fabian> Well...that should possibly end the decorum for the dinner. Funny, Fabian had thought that it would be him.

<Ankka> MrCortez: He met Lukas' gaze inch for inch, putting his glass down. "...I see." He cleared his throat. "The stupidity of youth, apparently, is catching." He sighed. "You truly believe, despite your...past...these people will truly welcome you with open arms? Like they did my daughter?"

<Ankka> Ankka narrowed his eyes. No one called his cousin stupid except him. He coughed - politely - and raised an eyebrow. "Unlike your daughter, Mr Cortez, my cousin and Fabian didn't knowingly kill and torture people. Unlike your daughter, they vere more than villing to help us stop the killing." He still wasn't sure about Lukas, but damnit!

<Lukas> "Well actually, sir, your daughter had tried to murder several of their teachers. Using my cousin. To me, it seems that the only member of this family, aside from your wife who I have yet to properly meet long enough to judge, that has any sense is your son," Lukas smiled at the man.

<Ankka> MrCortez: His face was pale, but aside from that and his mouth tightening into a line his anger wasn't evident. "My daughter is strong enough to stand on her own feet and stick to her beliefs, something my son is too cowardly to do!" His hand slapped the table, all but ignoring the fact Fabian was right there. "He has always been the weaker, both in mind and ability, always needing someone else to back him up!"

<Ankka> Ankka frowned - the sort of frown he usually got when someone was about to be put through a bar, in fact - and he shifted a little, a hand going under the table and crackling a little. Just a little shock. "Your daughter is a murderer and shows no remorse for trying to use me as a veapon against my friends.. Your son is a decent man who made mistakes, the biggest one seeming to think you vere decent."

<Lukas> Lukas kept up his smile, letting it widen to almost shark like proportions. Looking sharply to Fabian, he grinned ", I don't know, Fabian, do you need backup?"

<@Fabian> I wonder how much of my bank account I can clear out before leaving...it shouldn't be a big hassle to transfer things over. Fabian's mind rambled on it's escape path, interupted at a flairup of anger at his father's words. "Vostè ha malinterpretat per complet tot el que va passar! Et dono els recursos per ajudar a la meva germana i et escupen a la cara d'ella!"

<@Fabian> "Qualsevol debilitat mental qualsevol de nosaltres, òbviament, heretada començar amb les seves pròpies falles."

<@Fabian> ((Translation of bad Catalan: You have completely misunderstood everything that happened. I give you resources to help my sister and you spit in the face of it. Any feeblemindedness either of us inherited obviously started with your own failings.))

<Ankka> MrCortez: Esteben's face had gone an interesting mottled red at his son's outburst, actually standing up and leaning over. "Com t'atreveixes. Com t'atreveixes! En aquesta casa, en el meu nom - la seva germana va ser sempre el de millor de tu! El més fort! Vostè és sempre el més feble, que sempre necessita ella per fer còpies de seguretat i ara s'ha anat, vostè està aturat aquí i escupirme a la cara!" He took a deep breath.

<Ankka> MrCortez: "Ella no s'ha d'anar a la presó - vostè ha!" His eyes were narrowed as he glared at his son, teeth bared as he spat the last.

<Ankka> ((How dare you! In this house, under my name - your sister was always the better out of you! The stronger! You are always the weaker, always needing her to back you up and now she's gone, you stand here and spit in my face! She shouldn't be going to prison - YOU should!))

<Lukas> Lukas then stood up and the air around his hand rippled, his staff taking form. He slammed it down on the table between them and bared his teeth at Mr Cortez. Taking a moment to calm himself, Lukas narrowed his eyes ", gentlemen. It's not nice to speak in a language that not everyone in the room can understand."

<Ankka> The ghost of Mjolnir was already in Ankka's hand, and it formed properly as he stood, putting it on the table. "I don't know, I picked up a little Spanish in the army - ve served together in Iraq. I think he just insulted our friend qvite badly, cousin. Either that or called his daughter a donkey, vhich I prefer, to be honest." He switched to Finnish, just because. "Huono päivä sudelle?"

<Ankka> (("Bad day for the wolf?"))

<Lukas> Lukas smirked and stood tall ", Erittäin huono päivä susi todellakin."

<Lukas> ((Very bad day for the wolf indeed.))

<@Fabian> "I no obstant això, jo sóc l'un prou espavilat per mantenir-me d'aquest destí?" Fabian sat back, making himself calm down and wishing that one of his nannies had been Finnish so he would have some idea about what Ankka and Lukas were actually saying. "This is all very pointless." Maybe, just maybe, his father would follow suit and calm down as well.

<@Fabian> ((And yet I am the one clever enough to keep myself from that fate?))

<Ankka> MrCortez: Unfortunately, the man was too angry to care by this point, the parting shot causing him to smack the table again. "No, no és intel · ligent, no intel · ligent. Covard. Es ven a si mateix ia la seva sortida i va ajudar a posar-la on és. Com a mínim ella es va aferrar a qui era ella!" He hissed. "It is. Very pointless. I want you and the idiotic barbarians you call 'friends' out." He glared at the other two. "Get out!"

<Ankka> MrCortez. A gesturing hand flung the half-full glass of wine down the table as he turned to storm out. "I trust, Fabian, you'll be sensible enough not to return without your worthy sister."

<Ankka> ((No, not clever, not clever. Cowardly. You sold yourself and her out and helped to put her where she is. At least she held on to who she was!))

<@Fabian> "Gladly, I would not stay in this place one moment longer to see played out before me just how idiotic the stock I come from behaves." Fabian replied quiet evenly, taking the time to finish a bite from his plate.

<Ankka> MrCortez: There was an interesting and rather evil-sounding projectile swearword in Catalan as the door slammed behind the man, the sound of a tray being knocked out of a servant's hand echoing from behind it.

<Ankka> After a moment's silence, Ankka raised an eyebrow at the door. "Someone didn't get their bottle today." He murmured, before looking at Fabian. "Are you okay?"

<@Fabian> Fabian didn't answer directly, instead he got up from the table and headed over to the liqour cabinet, opening it and started to gather bottles. "Gentlemen, it's time to pack. If you'll grab my suitcase and meet me down in the garage?"
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ferguson »

<Lukas> The start to their vacation wasn't the best. At least not in most people's eyes. A good shouting match and stealing a Rolls Royce was a the makings for a pretty good adventure, however. At the moment, though, Lukas was squirming ", guys.....we need to pull over. I've got to pee."

<Ankka> Ankka groaned. "Again? How much did you drink, Lukas?" He was sprawled out on the back seat, considering that was where the most room was. "Vell, this is Marseilles...there's got to be a Starbucks somevhere, yes?"

<@Fabian> Fabian sat behind the driver's seat, cigarette in hand and actually laughing, feeling much better after their exit from his home. He was just imagining his father's face when he saw which car was missing from the garage, where all of his good especially expensive bottles had went, and exactly how much of the bank account he had emptied out. "It's all the time, his bladder is like an especially jumpy lapdog's I swear."

<@Fabian> "I, though, could use something to eat so a stop does sound good." He admitted, soon seeing a place to stop and pulling up towards it. "And I need a break from driving, too. Who's up for it?"

<Ankka> "Food...and a frap. I think America's bad for me, I've got addicted to fraps." Ankka stretched. "The last thing I drove vas a tank. Not that different from a car, right?"

<Lukas> "You can both kindly go fuck yourselves. I do not have the bladder of a jumpy lapdog," this outburst was followed by pouting. The thoughts of a clean bathroom, unlike that gas station, a good coffee and maybe a pastry kept him from pouting for too long however. He gave his cousin a sidelong look ", I think a Rolls Phantom is a bit different than a tank, yes."

<@Fabian> "...please...please don't wreck this thing of beauty. I may actually cry." Fabian pointed out as she got out, dangling the keys out at both of them. "Who's it going to be?"

<Remy> Unknown to the three, they were being watched. Observed was probably closer. A lanky youth in a duster that had seen better days was relaxing on a bench, reading the paper and noting the three rich out-of-towners. Mmm. He turned the page, pushed his sunglasses further up his nose, and waited.

<Ankka> Ankka smirked. "Give the keys to the brat, Fabian, I don't have a licence to drive a car yet. Anyvay, I vasn't lying about the tank, and you drive those vith levers and a handle. Plus...you know...am used to dealing vith traffic by driving over it."

<Lukas> Lukas grinned wickedly and made a grabby hand for the keys. Snatching them from Fabian, he cackled gleefully and stroked the car ", baby, you and I are going to have a wonderful time when I get back."

<Remy> The thin, pale one with the fetching pout. Another page was turned, his legs unfolded and then crossed at the ankles. Oh, he was going to be treating that lady so much better than any of those idiots.

<@Fabian> "...treat her respectfully." Fabian waggled his finger at Fabian before turning and heading on in to see what form of food he could find here that was edible.

<Ankka> "You got told. Come on, chihuahua, before you mark Fabian's seat, yes?" Ankka laughed, levering himself out of the car and stretching. "You vant me to get you anything vhile ve're in there?"

<Lukas> "The biggest vanilla frap you can get me and any pastry they might have, you know what I like," Lukas grinned as he got out of the car and patted it's hood, murmuring ", Aion ajaa sinut kovaa ja pitkään, kultaseni."

<Lukas> ((I'm going to drive you hard and long, sweetheart.))

<Ankka> "...I really fucking hope you vere talking to the car there, Lukas..."

<Remy> As the pair were walking to the Starbucks, the youth on the bench obviously decided now was the time to move, looking at his watch and swearing in French. He got up, folded his newspaper (trying to ignore how big the blond was - bodyguard, maybe?) and moved quickly, apparently not looking where he was going - because he walked into the thin, pale guy he'd seen take the keys. "Oh! M'excuser, monsieur, très désolé!"

<Remy> It had happened so fast - a bare dip, keys in fingertips, keys hidden by paper, hurrying around the corner and not staying to hear the other man's reaction to the body contact.

<Lukas> Lukas looked after the man and glared a bit, but let it go. He had to pee and he knew enough French to know he had apologized. Turning back towards the building, Lukas ran towards the bathroom.

<Ankka> Ankka muttered as he pushed into the buidling, heading for where Fabian was, picking up a mint and a vanilla frap and loading up on pastries. He knew his cousin.

<@Fabian> Fabian was looking at the food selection with an air of disapproval but eventually made a selection. "Lukas remembered he had to actually stop fo ra reason and isn't out there molesting the car, right?" He asked Ankka, smirking.

<Lukas> It was a few minutes, but soon Lukas walked out of the bathroom and sighed happily. He smiled as he made his way to the others and eyed the drinks in Ankka's hand ", it was a near thing."

<Ankka> "Yeah...is this enough pastry for you, Lukas? Remember I need some too, and I think this is clearing it out - and this is France I'm talking about. So much bread and pastry."

<@Fabian> "I'm glad you restrained yourself." Fabian congratulated his friend, gathering up a few things. "Is that it then?" He asked, turning to the others."

<Remy> And the next sound they heard, a glorious, beautiful sound, was that of a Rolls Royce starting up. Remy grinned, modified gloves stroking the wheel. He looked into the window of the coffee shop, gave the stupid rich boys a lazy salute, and pulled out of the space. His now.

<@Fabian> "...." Fabian knew that sound and he quickly looked to the window as he heard that. "What in the..." a string of swears came out that would impress even the most sternest of judges.

<Lukas> The sound also set off alarm bells for Lukas. He patted himself down and started chanting ", no no NO NO NO!!" He took off running out the door and to the parking lot, gripping his drink so as not to spill it.

<Ankka> "...You're fucking kidding me." He grabbed the bag automatically, running out after Lukas and swearing in Finnish.

<@Fabian> Fabian was right after them, still swearing and getting more and more animated the closer he got to the door so that once he was actually outside he was flailing. "Jo vull la pell del seu cigala i les restes de sal!" He kicked the curb, switching to English to continue his swearing. "Please tell me you can follow?"

<@Fabian> ((Bad Catalan Translation: I will skin your cock and salt the remains!))

<Ankka> Ankka snorted as he watched the car fishtail out, kicking up into the air. "Anyone vant a lift? I break the soundbarrier vhen I fly."

<Remy> "Idiots stupides! Ma voiture maintenant! Ha-haaaa!" Remy's hair whipped as he floored the pedal, the beautiful car responding instantly as he relaxed. He just had to get out of Marsielles and then ... oh hell, did the big blond just jump into the air?

<Lukas> Lukas glared after the car and then blinked. He smirked a bit, popped the top two buttons on his shirt and handed his coffee to Fabian ", hold this, I think I know who stole our car. I'll take that lift if you will, Ankka. Drop me off somewhere ahead of him, I have a plan." With that, he rolled his sleeves up and shifted to his female form.

<@Fabian> Fabian looked to Lukas, then off to the retreating car. "...Oh I've got to see this."

<Ankka> Ankka gave the bag to Fabian to hold. "I'm never going to get used to you doing that, and also, thank you for making this so, so awkvard." He looped his arms around Fabian and Lukas' waists and then drifted. "Hold on." With that warning, he shot off after the streak that was the car.

<Lukas> Lukas held on to Ankka and closed his eyes against the wind. He was already thinking of a way to try and get the guy to stop and it was just going to make things more awkward for Ankka, he was sure. This should be amusing

<Remy> Remy looked in the rear-view mirror and sighed. No sign. His hackles weren't going down much, though, so one hand on the wheel, another went into the pocket of his duster, and withdrew ... two playing cards. Hn. Queen of Clubs and three of Spades. He needed to open a new pack, if he was drawing those two.

<Ankka> Ankka muttered to himself, catching up to and then passing the car. "Just so you know? This is veird." Picking a spot not too close to the speeding Rolls, he put them both down. "You vant us to hide?"

<@Fabian> Fabian's mood had switched completely opposite as he was now fighting the desire to cackle and rub his hands together gleefully. "We should definitely hide, we want to be able to see Lukas do this though...I cannot believe you got pickpocketed."

<Lukas> "Yes, hide because this is going to require some acting. And I don't want to hear it, Fae," she glared and shifted her breasts to a higher position, kicked off her shoes and picked them up, discarding her socks. Making sure she was showing enough cleavage to stop traffic, Lady Lukas tossed her hair over one shoulder and held out a thumb.

<Ankka> "Oh Odin's Eye I am not staying to vatch this." He grabbed Fabian and pulled them both into a hidden alley mouth, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Vell, can't say it's not been eventful. Pass me a pastry, I'm going to need it."

<Remy> They didn't have to wait long. Still paranoid, still looking behind him occasionally, the sun glinted off the beautiful car as it sped closer to the lovely lady by the roadside. Remy spotted the hitch-hiker and grinned - hey, good-looking guy in a sweet ride, he wasn't going to say no to fate, right? The car pulled in, rolling to a purring stop next to the girl. "Hé, avoir besoin d'un ascenseur? Vous parlez du français?"

<Remy> ((Hey, you need a lift? You speak French?"))

<@Fabian> Fabian handed him one of the pastries, just smirking and watching and wishing very much that his camera wasn't in that car. "Oh, no, this entire trip has been eventful. At least at the moment this is an entertaining turn of events, looks like he's in."

<Lukas> Lukas smirked internally while externally giving the guy in the car a shy smile. She had been right, it was the guy that had run into him. Tilting her head and giving the best regretful face she could, Lukas shook her head ", I'm sorry, I don't speak French." She approached the car with a sway to her hips ", do you speak English?"

<Remy> "Oui, I do, chere." Remy gave her an easy smile, though there was still a card in his hand. He pushed his sunglasses back up his nose, leaning over and opening the passenger door and debating using his charm. No, he didn't need that, he had plenty of his natural charm to fall back on first. "Where can I take y'? Can't say I'm headin' any particular way 'sides outta here." The grin was easy, disarming, card flicking between his fingers.

<Ankka> "Didn't say it vasn't going to be funny, it's just...veird. Thank you." He took the pastry gratefully. "I'm so glad I vas used to shapeshifters before he did that the first time..."

<@Fabian> "You mean you'd be a bit more started by your cousin breaking out brand new tits over family dinner for the first time instead?" Fabian smirked up at the giant Fin before looking back to the show of the moment. "So, when do we actually want to interrupt this little happening?"

<Ankka> "Oh gods, please no." Ankka groaned and rubbed his face. "And...I vould assume he'll give us a signal? Please let him give us a signal. Body fluids happen and I am leaving you alone vith this."

<@Fabian> "...oh he is not fucking in that car before I've had a chance to!"

<Lukas> Sliding into the passenger seat, Lukas gave the guy a shy look and blushed slightly, forcing her cheeks to heat. She watched the card for a moment ", I don't know, I'm not exactly sure where we are and I don't particularly care. I've been traveling looking for a bit of adventure in my life." She gave him the best coy flirtatious smile she could.

<Remy> "Well, ma chere, where y' are is in d' best hands, an' if it's adventure y' want, you picked d' right car t' hail." He smirked at her ... and he hadn't had to use any of his charm yet. This was almost too good to be true - surely it had to be the car. He flicked the card, sliding it away, putting on his most winning smile. "So ... what'll it be, chere?"

<Fabian> "...this is almost too easy. It's like we sent a snake to go fetch a thieving mouse." Fabian wasn't the least bit sorry though, grinning widely and fighting the desire to laugh too loud.

<Lukas> Lukas did her best at giving him a sly once over. The guy seemed to be pretty sure of his abilities to pick up a pretty girl. Good thing Lukas was actually looking to be picked up by this particular guy in this car ", I think I'd be willing to go where you want to take me."

<Fabian> "I'll bet you fifty it's the backseat." He nudged Ankka companionably.

<Ankka> "...I am not making bets on vhere he's going to have sex - or try to have sex - vith my cousin, you sick bastard." Ankka pinched the bridge of his nose, wishing he could not hear the conversation. "Besides. Back seat's the only place there's room."

<Fabian> "No, there's room in the front, you just have to be sure not to knock it out of park."

<Remy> Hmm. Pretty girl, wanted fun if he was reading this right - which, let's face it, he was - and from her clothes was hardly penniless. This could prove lucrative. Remy tilted his head, still not removing his sunglasses, and smirked a little dirtily at her. "Where I want t' take you? Dat's a cruel thing t' say to me, m' chere. Backseat, maybe ... hood of d' car, if y' promise not t' scratch it too bad ..."

<Remy> This time, he did edge on the charm. Just a little. Just enough.

<Ankka> "Do not vant to think about it, thank you, Fabian."

<Fabian> "That's how I lost the first one." Fabian admitted, both sadly and proud.

<Lukas> The blush that hit her was a surprise. The charm seemed to wash over her as she was already pretty willing, even if it was just for her own reasons. She looked to the backseat and then back to him, grinning ", as fun as the hood would be, I think I have less chance of getting sunburnt in awful places in the backseat." She shifted and climbed into said back.

<Ankka> Ankka took the risk to look around the corner - and ducked back round. "You vould have von that one anyvay. Backseat, and give me another pastry."

<Remy> Remy chuckled, the sound dirty, gracefully following her, the duster shed and tossed over the driver's seat as he straddled the woman, revealing a sleeveless black tee and faded blue jeans - both of which had seen much better days. He tilted his head, pushing the sunglasses up his face. Today? Was a good day.

<Fabian> "Eat it fast because we've got to make our move here soon." Fabian advised, passing it on over, watching and waiting for their best moment, finishing off his own pastry and getting ready to run.

<Lukas> Lukas let her hands settle on his hips and slide up against his skin. She was pretty sure that soon he would be distracted enough for the other two to make their moves. Then she'd pull a little trick of her own. She looked up at him and practically purred.

<Remy> Remy stretched a little under that touch, his hands pressing her against the seat as he slid them down her curves. Distracted? The rightful owners of the car could be watching him, and he wouldn't give a toss.

<Fabian> Which they were and were running up towards as stealthly as possible. Fabian didn't bother opening the cardoor, simply grabbing the windshield and door, jumping into the driver's seat and taking it out of park.

<Ankka> Ankka had a hand on the bonnet and slid over it easily, surprisingly agile for someone his size, still with half a pastry in his mouth as he vaulted into the passenger seat. The huge Fin kept his eyes very much forward and tried very hard to ignore what was going on behind him.

<Lukas> She was purring at the soft touches before the sounds of her friends made themselves known. Lukas smiled wickedly up at the other man and grabbed his hands, pressing them to her breasts and then using a bit of leverage to roll him onto his back on the seat and straddling him herself. Then she shifted back to normal.

<Remy> Remy just ... well, stared for a moment. Then shrieked. Then stared again. "Merde!" He struggled, recognising the man above him and the panic at being caught replacing the sheer ... what the hell at suddenly guy. As he struggled, his sunglasses slid off, revealing the red-on-black. "Get off me - look, it was a joke, oui? Ha ha ... joke's over, dis guy's got a gramma t' visit!"

<Fabian> Fabian floored it in response, letting out a laugh. "Lukas, that was brilliant. Your party trick never gets old. And joke my ass. You would've been long gone if we didn't have a flyer with is." Fabian was not about to buy any of that shit. "And this is why I never have enjoyed coming to France, you know?"

<Ankka> "Speak for yourself, Lukas I'm sending you the bill for my therapy." He looked round at the pair once he was sure it was safe. "Vell, ve seem to have caught the bastard, now vhat?" He formed Mjolnir. "Move, Lukas, that position is disturbing, I have a vay to keep our friend in one place."

<Remy> "What d' hell is dis?! Dis is kidnap! You can't kidnap Remy!" His voice was getting to an interesting pitch, especially when he saw the large one pull an axe-hammer out of ... thin air?! "Merde, you're all crazy-" Fuck, they were Mafia, weren't they? He was dead. So dead. And his cards were in his coat. Sunglasses? Hell no, they were expensive! Car - no, too beautiful. Clothes!

<Remy> Lukas' top under Remy's hands started to glow, a strange, almost liquid pink flaring out from under his fingers. "Get off, or Remy'll blow you and dis car off d' road."

<Lukas> "We're cra-....he just called us crazy. This asshole pick pocketed me and then took off with our car and we're the crazy ones. No, my little French tart, we just used any means we had to get our property back. Now my cousin here is going to set his big hammer on your chest and you're going to calm the hell-" he cut off at the last outburst, his shirt glowing. He looked up at the other man and smirked.

<Lukas> Oh, two could play this game. He wrapped a hand around the man's shirt and it started to glow green ", let me go or I'll see what kind of wacky thing my powers want to do with your shirt."

<Fabian> "Kidnap my ass, should just drive you to the nearest police station is what we should do." Fabian glanced back as he drove, seeing the pinkish flare. That didn't exactly bode well. "I would suggest we all quit behaving childishly and keep our glowing hands to ourselves now, yes?"

<Fabian> "I'd hate to have to burn our guest up."

<Remy> Remy jerked his head, using his shoulder to edge his sunglasses back over his eyes. He was a quick-thinker, always had been, and he was in a car with mutants potentially more powerful than him and - come on, green, what kind of colour was that? With an intake of breath, the pink slowly drained, he took his hands off the man straddling him and held them up in a gesture of submission, a grin on his face.

<Remy> "Okay, look, y' caught me. Dat's fair. I tried t' steal your car, an' I would've got away wit' it too, but I didn'. Uh ... can we jus' ... you know, call it even, oui? Y-y' don't have to hand Remy into d' police, just let me go and all's good, oui? No one has to hammer-time ..."

<Lukas> "I don't think you're very funny, Frenchy. Boys, what do we do with him?"

<Fabian> "Well, I don't know about you two, but I've been messed with this trip far too much and I'm not feeling all that forgiving right now. How about you?" Fabian wasn't wasting any time driving through though, intent on at least getting out of here.

<Ankka> Ankka put Mjolnir into his lap for now, just in case, giving the Frenchman a dirty look. "Personally, I vould say dump him at the nearest police station." He finished his pastry. "Ve vould have been stranded if he'd got avay, and I don't like that idea much - plus, it's your car, Fabian."

<Remy> "Merde, not d' police!" Remy shook his head, trying to concentrate on using his charm, but he couldn't concentrate. "I will do anythin' - almost anythin' - all right, some t'ings - if you don't hand Remy to d' police, dey promised me prison if I-" He cut himself off. "Not d' police. S'il vous plait."

<Lukas> "I quite like the idea of stranding him in the middle of nowhere, personally," he smirked a bit. Looking at the other man, he rolled his eyes ", calm the hell down. At least two of the people in this car should probably have spent time in prison for the things they've done."

<Fabian> "Right then, nowhere it is." Fabian gladly turned to head back out to the open road. "So, Remy is it?"

<Remy> Stranded in the middle of nowhere? Remy could handle that. His grin was relieved as he pushed his sunglasses back up. "... Oui, Remy LeBeau, at y'r service ..." He chewed his lip. "If y're gonna rob me, amis, dere's no point - Remy's a pauper, all I got on me's playin' cards. An' yesterday's paper." Mafia. Had to be.

<Ankka> "Ve don't rob people, Mr LeBeau." Ankka's voice was cold. "You know, ve could just take him back to his parents - doubt they'd be happy to know he's been caught stealing."

<Remy> "... Remy don' have folks, big man, dat's why he steals."

<Lukas> "Well.....we could always take him with us. Or ship him back to the school," Lukas smirked.

<Fabian> The idea that Fabian would actually bother stealing was pretty laughable...even if he had stolen possibly Ankka's weight in booze for the trip. "You mean we've picked up a stray? I'm not sure what I feel about that."

<Remy> "Who you callin' stray? An' school? What?" Remy looked up at the man still straddling his lap in complete confusion, and this close? It was easy to see the red irises flare behind his sunglasses. "Okay. Let's get dis straight. Remy stole your car. You got your car back. You were going to strand me, now you're ... non, still confused, not workin' amis."

<Ankka> Ankka pulled a face. "I'm going to feel guilty about just...dumping him now, you know this, right? I don't like feeling guilty. It means I don't enjoy my mead."

<Fabian> "Well, I'm still on stranding you but they're probably nicer than me. As I'm not exactly sold on the whole school thing yet either I'll leave it to them to sell you on it while I drive." Fabian answered, not bothering to turn back as he kept driving further and further out of the city.

<Lukas> Lukas finally moved from his place on Remy's lap. Settling in his seat in the back, he buttoned his shirt back up and started pulling his shoes back on ", I don't know about me being nicer than you, Fae. Ankka's got the monopoly on niceness among us."

<Ankka> "Can't help that, it means my mead sits better vhen I drink it. Now." Ankka picked up Mjolnir, putting it on Remy's lap. "You have a choice. My friend here has had a wery bad start to his summer, so he's not exactly in a good mood vith a little shit like you. My cousin, as you can tell, has a hell of a sense of humour and it isn't alvays a nice one. You can take my option, or theirs."

<Ankka> "Option one, Fabian's. Ve give you to the police. Option two, Lukas'. You get stranded somevhere in...I don't know, Poland, maybe? If ve can stand your vhining that long. Option three...free bed, free food, free education, but you're not allowed to steal any more."

<Remy> Remy wheezed at the weight of the hammer, staring at it for a moment before trying to push it off. Nothing. It wouldn't budge. "Dis is crazy." He muttered. "And you're d' nice one? Poland? Seriously?"

<Fabian> "Maybe you can become a migrant worker somewhere else from there." Fabian offered jokingly. "Seriously though? I'd rather not drive to Poland. Switzerland is boring, we can leave him in Switzerland."

<Ankka> "Too close. Vhy not Netherlands?"

<Remy> "Merde ..." Remy groaned, poking at the hammer in a way that spoke of him giving up. On a whim, he tried to charge it, getting shocked for his trouble. "Ow!" He stuck his fingers in his mouth, glaring at it and then at its owner. "D' hell are you, Thor? S'pose you should tell Remy 'bout dis school den, 'cause I do not wanna walk back from dere, amis."

<Lukas> Lukas turned to face Remy in his seat and smirked ", you know, he is called Thor. Do you know what that makes me? They call me Loki."

<Remy> "... You're all fucking insane!"

<Fabian> "If it makes you feel any better? I figure my name is far too good to take any kind of replacement." Fabian laughed back at him. "Hmm, Netherlands, sure, we can make a stop there. You've got to like a place that considers sinking itself into an island as the ultimate defense."

<Ankka> "Yes, I am called Thor. Fun, isn't it? You tried to steal the car of the friend of the God of Thunder." Ankka grinned and pointed up, a roll of thunder echoing out of the clear sky. "And the Trickster too, that's never a good thing. You got Loki'd. So. Netherlands or school?"

<Remy> Remy actually stared at the sky, cowering away from the two men - and the man powerful enough to make friends with the gods. "You know what, amis? School. School's good. Remy can do school. If d' Gods say school, he'll do school, not arguin' dere." He whimpered. "Please don' kill me ..."

<Lukas> Lukas reached out and patted Remy's cheek ", don't worry, sweetheart. I'm sure you'll find lots of things at the school to keep you entertained. Plus they'll let you play with those powers of yours. Lovely eyes, by the way."

<Fabian> "Damnit, now I actually feel bad." After all, it hadn't been that long since he though he was going to be killed by crazed people holding him prisoner. "Nobody's going to kill you...I suppose we should at least take you by to get your things. It's a good thing we took the Phantom because none of the other cars would fit this crowd."

<Remy> "You know, strangely dat doesn't make Remy feel any better." His voice had climbed a little at being patted, sounding younger. "Don't bother. Not got anythin' worth picking up, oui? Keep ev'rything on me, saves losin' when I have to move quick." He gave Lukas a wary look. "... Merci. Lovely ... er ... everyt'ing, cher."

<Ankka> Ankka rolled his eyes, getting comfortable in his seat and tossing the boy's duster back to him. "No shenanigans vith my cousin until you're somevhere I can't see you. Ve're not going to kill you, and ve're not gods, ve're mutants. I just...happen to be...vorryingly like Thor."

<Lukas> "Don't worry, Ankka, I'm not intending on making any stains in the backseat. At least not with someone who's just tried to steal the car and cost me my turn to drive," he stroked the car door again and sighed ", Kunnes seuraavan kerran, kaunis."

<Lukas> ((Until the next time, beautiful.))

<Ankka> "...You vorry me, Lukas." Ankka then dumped the bag of pastries on Lukas' lap. "Ainakin hän on sievä, mmm?"

<Ankka> ((At least he's pretty))
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

<Jolen> The Sun had gone down over the black forest in Germany, light fading quickly in the more mountain and cliff shaded places leaving the odd castle ruin in a strange sunset sillouette against the burning skies. The lone car driving along didn't seem to be heading towards any civilisation at all, which meant late campers.

<Jolen> For a certain Forest fiend that the locals were scared off this meant a good nights entertainment as he ran along trailing after the car at a distance through the trees and underbrush.

<Fabian> There was a constant muttering of swears under Fabian's breath as he drove along the road, finally giving up and pulling over to the side as he leaned over to fiddle with the car's GPS settings. "Okay, the GPS is just blatantly wrong." He admitted bitterly. "If we don't find the next town we're actually going to be running out of gas soon."

<Fabian> "So...options? I suppose you could give a fly up and see if you see anything Ankka?"

<Ankka> Ankka nodded, flicking to the picture of Noriko on his phone and smiling before sliding it back into a pocket. "Sure. This road's pretty vell-travelled so there has to be a town or something close, yes?" He opened the door and got out, stretching. "Either that or someone's sold us to a horror movie set." He chuckled.

<Fabian> "Well travelled?" Fabian looked around at what he would call fucking epically deserted and just quirked an eyebrow. "Right then."

<Remy> "Well-travelled? Ami, I've seen graveyards better travelled den dis." Remy grumbled from where he was sat in the back of the Rolls, collar of his duster pulled up and the coat wrapped around him tightly. "Remy's cold. He did not sign up to freeze his balls off in d' middle of some god-forsaken wood in - merde, what country we in now?"

<Ankka> "It's not a muddy ditch that we've got stuck in yet. That's how I know it's vell-travelled." Ankka just grinned. "And I already told you, I have a girlfriend, I am not being your 'cuddle buddy'." With that, he kicked up into the air. "Germany, Remy, ve're in Germany."

<Jolen> Now the Car had stopped he had time to catch up the last few miles in afew minutes easily, getting further into the woods so he wouldn't get noticed. If they stopped for the night he could scare them off and nick whatever food was in the car and run home for the night.

<Remy> "Told y' we should've turned left at Alberqurque ..." Remy muttered under his breath, going into French.

<Lukas> Startling a bit, Lukas looked up ", hmmnn wha? What's happening?"

<Fabian> "I suppose if all else fails we can call Clarice?" Fabian pondered that. "Or the other twitchier one, the basement dweller." He laughed as Lukas seemed to come awake. "Despite modern convenience, or possibly because of modern convenience, we're lost."

<Ankka> "That's vhy ve should stick to maps. Be right back." Ankka disappeared up into the air, blurring as he gained height, stopping when the car was a dot. He looked around, chewing a lip, before freefalling back down, catching himself before he hit the road though the pressure still cracked it a little. "Oops. Vell...you'll be pleased to know there's a town over there." He pointed. "...But ve aren't going to reach it tonight."

<Fabian> Fabian looked up, not accepting what Ankka said at all. "I'm still good to drive through the night and I am not about to stay here instead. How many miles would you say it is?" He had to see if they could make it with the gas they had, after all.

<Jolen> Huh they were planning on stopping the night after all the idiots were just lost. However that meant no food supllies, which was bad for him, so what could he do?

<Jolen> There was a cliff up ahead right? the one with the split down the middle.... He started running again following an old path up the steep hill to the cliff afew miles ahead of the car, then finding a smallish fallen tree he wedged it into the crack. Now for alittle bit of effort involved, concentrating he started working his powers.

<Lukas> "How....how'd we get lost?" Lukas sat up and rubbed at his face, looking around ", why....are we in a forest? Where the hell did we get lost?"

<Ankka> Ankka thought about it. "Ve might be able to make it...is on the horizon, and if it cuts out, vell, I can fly and carry the car, though I vill not do any interviews if that's how ve arrive in town..."

<@Fabian> "...that would be all kinds of embarrassing." Fabian informed Ankka, cringing slightly before turning back to Lukas. "We had turned off of stop in Ruhestein but the GPS absolutely lied. We're still in Germany."

<Jolen> Up the road a combination of Jolen's pushing against the tree and his powers expanding down the crack in the side of the cliff came to a fruitful conclusion as another fissure opened up from pressure and the side of the cliff gave way including several trees and extra boulders, right into the middle of the road. Smirking her pulled a bag of his useful tricks and headed back down to the road.

<Remy> Remy huddled a little further into his coat. "Dis is all very nice, but can we get movin'? We can sight-see when we're not lost, oui?" He was missing his city already. Why the hell were there so many trees? And he could hear rustling. There was rustling. "Dere ain't wolves in dis forest, are dere?"

<@Fabian> "There are no wolves in here." Fabian laughed at the idea. "You let gun-toting Germans loose in a forest to hunt and there's not going to be much of anything. I don't think we need to worry about being mauled anytime soon."

<Ankka> "And besides, you have me." Ankka got back in the car, taking out the phone and flicking to the picture of his girl again. "I wrestle volfs for fun." He chuckled.

<Lukas> "Are we lost in the Black Forest? We're going to be attacked and dragged off and eaten," Lukas murmured softly.

<@Fabian> Fabian just rolled his eyes and started driving again. "Unless we're eaten by some mysterious cannibal who lives out here I think we'll make it somehow."

<Remy> "... Y' know, dis ain' helping Remy get t' sleep much more." Remy pulled out a packet of cigarettes, lighting one off the tip of his finger. Cliffs appeared to be looming closer, and Remy looked at them nervously. "Dis would be a baaaad time for a landslide."

<Lukas> "Please don't say things like that. Karma dictates that you say it, it happens. I've done awful things to my karma."

<Jolen> However Remy didn't need to look at the ominous cliffs it was the road they should've been watching, as he'd now chucked a bag full of broken windshield glass all over the floor about half mile infront of the actually rodslide of a block, this was going to be so easy.

<Fabian> "If that works then we would have been struck down so many times before now." Fabian turned to just laugh at Lukas's paranoia, just as the back right tire blew out as it just hit one of the first sprinkled shards of glass. "Joder!" He swore, turning back to see and turning the corner to find more glass. "What the hell is this?"

<Remy> "... Dis is how we die." Remy murmured dead-pan, hand gripping the door as he concentrated on breathing. Bolting wouldn't do him any favours. This wasn't the city, he'd be in worse trouble if he did. Putting the cigarette in his mouth, he pulled out a pair of cards, red irises flaring.

<Ankka> Ankka followed the headlights, before swearing. "That, I think, is the least of our problems." He sighed, pointing ahead. Silohetted against the road was what looked like a landslide. He sank back in his seat with a groan. "So...vant me to start clearing the road vhile you do the tyre?"

<Lukas> "It's not paranoia if the world is really fucking trying to get you," Lukas shrieked.

<Fabian> "That would probably be best, yes." Fabian answered Ankka, sighing and pulling over to the side yet again. "This is beginning to creep down my list of awesome trips, you know?"

<Ankka> Ankka got out, muttering to himself. "Tell me about it. This sort of shit does not happen on roadtrips in the movies, yes?" He cracked his neck and looked at the landslide. How the hell was he going to do this without bringing the entire cliff down? He kicked into the air, drifting over. "Someone owes me a drink after this - Remy, I'm looking at you."

<Remy> "... Why me? I have no money, cher!"

<Jolen> Right they were nicely stopped, and getting out of the car. From where he was he could see where the big blond had gone except towards the landslide, ah well they'd all be running soon. Getting himself nicely hidden he started imitating the local wolf calls, moving and doing it again, it always worked.

<Fabian> "You're a thief, aren't you?" Fabian laughed. "You can drink all you want once we're going again...and once we stop for the night I'm drinking all we want and probably ditching you all for a night for a stereotypical buxom and blonde German girl who can serve beer in her bra. Now that is the things at least one of my oddly specific dreams are made of."

<Fabian> Fabian just smiled at that thought, heading back to the trunk to dig through their things to get the spare tire and the jack.

<Remy> "Wolves! Wolves! I knew it! Dere's wolves!" Remy scrambled further into the car, curled into the seat and staring out at the dark forest.

<Lukas> "I think I've seen this happen in the movies," Lukas listened and wrinkled his nose ", that......that is not a real wolf. I have heard a real wolf and that, that is not it."

<Ankka> Ankka sighed, turning a little as he drifted. "Remy...I've killed volfs vith my bare hands, you're safe. And yes, Lukas is right. If that's a real volf, I'm deaf." He turned, looking at the landslide. "Also, since vhen do landslides grow into cliffs?" Mjolnir crackled to life. The first throw slammed through a boulder, the return cutting through the vegetation, slowy breaking apart the barricade.

<Fabian> "It's probably just a dog." Fabian rolled his eyes, glad that he's at least watched the odd chauffer change a tire before. "And anyway, exactly why are wolves going to attack random motorists? They aren't releasing that many and I imagine they're going to want to stay well away from humans and if it's some fabled super wolf I'm sure I can boost Ankka up enough he'll be able to take care of it with his little finger...plus you can explode a wo

<Jolen> Right apparently the group weren't afraid of wolves.... interesting, well except the sissy in the car. Stalking closerhe had another Idea and moving back up along the road aways behind the car he found a small half rotting tree and gave it a good kick, running back into the forest as it fell into the road. He was nothing but a lose shadow in a darkening world now.

<Remy> "I don't know, I've never tried." Remy explained, chewing a lip. He did, however, pull himself together enough that he got out of the car, the cards glowing and giving them light enough to work by. The others were reassuring ... right up until the tree fell. Remy jumped with a yell, card flicked towards it and the tree was nothing more than floating splinters. "... Eh heh ... someone's fuckin' wit' Remy."

<Fabian> "...okay, I think when Lukas complained about karma he maybe should have been more worried about my cannibal in the woods theory." Fabian frowned, hurrying a bit more to get the tire actually on as he found himself wishing that his power was a bit more pro-active than they were.

<Ankka> Ankka heard the explosion, turning to see the tree go up, before looking at the half-cleared road. Too slow. Mjolnir disappearing, he landed and simply starting to push everything out of the way, catching the rocks and plants that tried to fall on him and pushing them into the cliff.

<Jolen> What the hell was going on, had he just seen that guy burn up the tree? Seriously?! His eyes widened as thanks to the pink glow he could see the giant blond just pushing through the rubble. Now it wasn't for survival it was for fun. Moving closer to the tree remians he waited until the skittish on was looking again and sent some of his creeping vines out to reclaim the smoking wood back into the forest.

<Remy> Remy stared at the vines. "Merde! Dere's something in d' trees!" He pointed at the vines, scrambling back. The second card was charged, another few being picked out. "You can't tell Remy dat's natural, might be a city boy but even I know dat ain't right, amis!"

<Jolen> The Vines whipped back out of sight quickly as if nothing had happened, luckily then couldn't hear Jolen trying not to chuckle.

<Lukas> "God, being at the school will be a new experience for you. Things in the trees is relatively normal there," he wrinkled his nose and watched the trees.

<Fabian> Fabian frowned, looking over his shoulder at whatever it was Remy was babbling about. "Lukas? I'm really beginning to think we've simply left a new kind of crazy for another, you know that?"

<Fabian> "Lets just concentrate on getting out of here, okay?"

<Ankka> Ankka finished with the block, sniffing at the glass in the road. "Fabian, vould it be an idea for me to just...lift the car over this? No point risking another blown tyre, yes?" He gave the trees a suspicious look. "If there is someone in there, Remy, they're in for a nasty surprise."

<Jolen> Using the darkness and his speed he shifted side while they weren't looking, far to curious over why they weren't running screaming like all the other teenagers he'd got this way. They couldn't be normal at all. this time the group got alittle warning, the tree alot closer as it was pushed over to fall into the road though not close enough to hurt.

<Fabian> Fabian was just standing up from getting the tire replaced when the tree went down, eliciting a squawk that he would most definitely deny anytime after this. "Okay...I'm now with Remy on there definitely being something in the woods. I think we should just take you up on your offer of a lift, Ankka."

<Remy> "Oh, now you listen to Remy. Now you listen to d' guy with self-preservation instincts." Remy whimpered at the tree. If this was nature, you could keep it.

<Fabian> "You stole from us and claim to have self-preservation instincts?"

<Remy> "Hey, never said they worked all d' time. Besides, I didn't know you were Go-mutants. Give Remy a break."

<Ankka> Ankka snorted, before coming into the car. "You can all valk. I don't need certain twitchy little idiots screwing the balance and making me drop Fabian's car." So saying, he picked up the front end. "...Huh. Thought it vould be heavier." He crouched, pulled the car onto his shoulders, and stood easily as if he did this every day. "You know, compared to a tank, this is a feather."

<Remy> "... You, my friend, are a very unique man ..."

<Lukas> "Hey, I have a self preservation instinct. It's just that this.....isn't anywhere near the worst thing I've been involved in," Lukas shook his head and his staff materialized in his hands.

<Jolen> .... This was getting more and more interesting as he watched the guy pick up the car and walk onwards, ok not that one don't want any injuries... the guy that had been doing the tire was even less bothered, which left two...

<Jolen> Concentrating a set of vines came crawling out of him and onto the floor and started to speed up, Remy and Lukas suddenly getting hoards of tentacle like vines going for their faces before they retreated just as quickly.

<Fabian> "Yeah, the old job definitely does put things in perspective." Fabian laughed to Lukas's comment, focusing for the moment on Ankka carrying the car. "For the record, if you drop this, I am not responsible for my actions, yes?" Wait, what was that? Fabian glanced back just in time to miss the vines.

<Remy> Apparently Remy's voice could go quite high-pitched. Another card knocked a crater in the road before he pulled himself together. "Seriously, who d' hell is out dere doing this? Dis is not funny!"

<Lukas> Lukas shrieked again, flailing and flashing through a few forms while pushing at the vines.

<Remy> "See! I'm not d' only one!"

<Ankka> Ankka stopped, narrowing his eyes at the forest around. "Alright." He looked up at the sky, concentrating. A good-sized rumble of thunder rolled through the clouds, a jagged fork of lightning going across it. Someone was scaring his friends? Two could play at that game. A moment later, a slam of lightning blew a couple of trees apart. "That vas a varning!" He yelled into the trees. "Qvit it."

<Jolen> Luckily he'd been far enough away from those trees to only need to move out of the way alittle bit, stopping though he stared at the remians of the trees. They must be like him just different, they weren't really humans... Carefully he shifted and the next person to get vine tentacles wafted at them was the loner guy looking unimpressed with matters.

<Jolen> He could've taken the warning, but that wouldn't be very fun now would it?

<Fabian> Another squawk that Fabian would never, ever fess up to outside of this came out as he grabbed at the vines . "No va a allunyar, tros de merda!" Now, this was just getting ridiculous and, considering what they were capable of, the only reasonable assumption to make without automatically jumping to the trees having gone all Deliverance on passer-bys was that they had ran into another mutant.

<Fabian> The question was, where was he?

<Jolen> The vines flickers back quickling out of reach the one Fabian did manage to grab was to slimy to have any grip on. Pulling all off his vines fully in he backed into the forest alittle more, actually unsure how to deal with this. He wasn't going to retreat but there was no hope of getting supplies off them now... hmmm

<Lukas> "Get them off me I SAW EVIL DEAD! I DON'T WANT TO BE TREE RAPED!"

<@Fabian> "This shit is going to end now." Fabian was out of the car and following the vines, his usual steadfast common sense and self-preservation taking a backseat to absolute frustration and wanting someone to pay for the shitstorm that was his summer and this trip.

<Jolen> .... right ok possibly not going to be fun anymore as the serious looking guy stalked into the forest after his vines. Withdrawing them faster he decided to try and run for it, maybe messing about the strange people wasn't a good idea after all...

<Ankka> "Fabian, vait - oh for-" Ankka stopped. They didn't know what was in that forest, and he had a car on his back. "Could one of you go after him? Please? Make sure nothing happens?"

<Remy> Remy stared blankly at the huge Fin somehow carrying the even bigger Rolls. "... Merde." He rolled his eyes. "Fine. But y' owe Remy." He grumbled, checked the cards in his hand and charging them for light and jogged into the forest after Fabian. So much nature!

<@Fabian> Fabian was all ready charging through the trees, watching the vines retreat until he thought he got a glimpse of someone moving. "Ahha!" He mentally reached out for the person, letting his powers start to boost up the retreating figure to burn whoever it was out...as long as this didn't end up like the fight with Bobby.

<@Fabian> He didn't really want to be in a giant vine fortress.

<Jolen> He wasn't ready for that sort of attack at all, expecting more fire or the super strength guy to land on him. Suddenly he could just feel all that energy rising to a painful amount until his skin felt constricting, crying out he stumbled and roll skin writhing as his body started trying to change form and it wasn't a pleasant first time.

<Murphy> Lukas ran after Fabian, huffing a bit as he caught up. Despite appearances, it was usually Fabian that lost his calm long before Lukas. "Are you sure you want to be doing this?"

<@Fabian> "It's not like I'm going to kill him." Fabian answered Lukas, jetting off towards the scream and motioning the others to follow him. "You see this? I should go into mutant hunting. Maybe that's what I can do, for-hire bounty hunter." He laughed, in a good mood now as that worked out.

<Jolen> There was another now closer cry of pain from the man, Jolen now on his hands and knees as his skin was bleeding a strange watery green colour, the writhing getting worse by the second as he just couldn't keep it down it was like using his vines only a hundred times worse. Creamy white eyes glowing in the darkness there was a wet splatter as it felt like his skull was starting to split, strangled yell accompanying it.

<Remy> Remy caught up with the others. "You know, amis, dat sounds like someone in serious pain." He said worridly, holding up the cards, a garishly pink light highlighting everything. "Whoever dis is, don't think he's gonna be movin' any time soon, oui?" He eyed up Fabian. "D' hell you do?"

<@Fabian> "I sort of burn up people's power, feed them their own energy until it's too much...though it doesn't usually sound like this." Fabian admitted, frowning and coming back some from what he was doing as he topped the next hill, brow knitting together at the scene he found there. "Well, that's not really what I was expecting there." This definitely was not the mostly naked Germans he wanted on this trip, anyway.

<Remy> "Remind me, ami, not t' piss you off, because Remy does not want to explode." He held up his cards, revealing the guy. "Nope, but I ain't complainin'. Hoo."

<Jolen> Matted brown hair thoroughly tangled with the green dripping vines bursting forth from his skull, he ended up letting out another pained yell as the splits started going down his thorny spine, more and more greenish blood pouring forth as the vines unsteadily whipped about. Swearing in german rather then screaming he was doing his best not to just past out from all this.

<Loki> "He can basically turn me into the god of mischief. Wanna do that, love," Lukas looked at Fabian and grinned.

<@Fabian> "...you've got to quit calling me 'love'."

<Ankka> Ankka soon got bored of holding the car. Being very, very careful as he put it down, he jogged after the others, not having to go far until he found them watching someone...holy shit, were those tentacles? "...I'm almost afraid to ask, but vhat the hell's happening?"

<Loki> "Absolutely not."

<Remy> "... Are you two ... an item or something? Because I'm getting dat vibe."

<Jolen> Close enough Ankka, an ear splitting roar ecohing through the trees as he gave in trying to control all of the energy hopping to get it over and done with to stop the pain, more dripping vines bursting from his one of the hands clawing into the grounds spasmed and burst, all of it up to his shoulder becoming a writhing mass of tentacles an anime would be jealous of.

<@Fabian> "No, no we definitely are not but he likes to make people think so." Fabian explained, glancing up to Ankka. "I think I made him...sprout." That was the only word Fabian could come up with to describe what might've happened, hands waving to indicate tentacle birth. "...So should we take him to a hospital or something? Try to talk to him? ....poke him?"

<Ankka> Ankka raised an eyebrow at the...sprouty...guy. "Vell, he's in pain...hold on, let me try something?" He slid down the embankment, knocking a stray vine out of the way, hands glowing. "Hey, I don't know if you can understand me but..." He took a deep breath, a glowing hand going to the guy's shoulder and the feeling of warmth slid through him into the other.

<Jolen> Well that certainly helped, it was no longer painful in a blinding sense any more but every time a new one sprouted there was a new noise of pain, though all alot quieter thanks to the golden warmth spreading through him. After afew seconds his second arm followed suit and he just couldn't take it with the healing, dropping to the floor with a wet slap along with all the now dead looking vines.

<Remy> Remy gave the pile of vines and ... guy ... a suspicious look. "... Y' know ... startin' to think Remy mighta done one too many happy pills and is trippin' balls, amis. Guess it's ... safe to poke now."

<@Fabian> "I told you I wouldn't kill him." Fabian smirked back to Lukas before coming on down the slope to see who it had been tormenting them earlier, making sure he wasn't messing around with any of the sprouty guy's energy anymore. "Do you have a name?"

<Jolen> The shining cream eyes blinked up at them through the green stuff before he pushed up off the floor and in a surprising feat staggered backwards from them, staring like they were the ones sprouting tentacles at him. "Name?..... J-jolen, es tut- sorry..... I-i am sorry..." German accent heavy and he was obviously struggling with english as the vines twitched back to life and dug against the ground for support.

<Loki> Lukas stuck his tongue out at Fabian and watches Fabian and the new comer. "Well Jolen, why are you interrupting our roadtrip?"

<Ankka> Ankka sat down, shaking his head, suddenly very tired and very dizzy. "My head...I need to stop doing that before I know vhat is wrong vith someone..." And his everything, actually, the guy must have been hurting everywhere.

<Jolen> Slowly the vines were starting to retreat back into his body, unlike the ones he'd been controlling before he could now feel these ten times more along with his skin pulling as they retreated. Blinking up at them through the now twitching and spasming vine hair tendrils reaching the floor he gestured to the road. "Food, Ich - I often scare people from their.... cars, easy way for food." The sudden exhaustion and pian were taking a

<Jolen> a toll on his english, arms starting to reform again slowly.

<@Fabian> "...okay, I'll admit, the starving homeless is sort of a less impressive take-down now." Fabian admitted just a bit sheepishly. "Still though, not overly kosher you know? But, I suppose your name is one letter away from making us all burst out into Dolly Parton so I suppose you have other problems in life. Do you want food?"

<Jolen> Jolen just heard the english ramble at him for a moment and gave him a very confused look, he was sure there was a question in there somewhere he just couldn't translate that fast. "Bitte?"

<Ankka> "I don't think he knows much English." Ankka rubbed his face. He didn't know much German, but he'd picked up one or two words in the army. "Speise?" He gestured at the others. "Do you vant food?"

<Loki> "It means please."

<@Fabian> "So it's either yes food or he wants a rousing rendition of Jolene." Fabian smirked just a bit. "Lets get him back to the car, I imagine we at least have some snacks left we didn't stuff down this morning."

<Remy> "Nobody touches my pain au chocolat. I don't care what you say, dat's d' last piece of France Remy's gettin' for a while, so you eat it, so help me I'll kill you."

<Jolen> He waved his hand trying to get the strangers to stop talking for 5 seconds, and figure things out, whatever they'd done had hurt like hell, fair payment for him playing tricks on them and now they were pffering him food? He could deal with this so long as he didn't burst again. "Ya, I vould like food, please.... just don't do that again ya?"

<@Fabian> "Don't fuck with us and I'll not do that again, promise." Fabian flashed a grin, offering a hand up. "You're good to carry with an extra passenger, yeah Ankka?"

<Ankka> "Of course. That's not even close to my limit." He paused. "...Actually, I haven't found my limit yet. Also, we could get him some proper food and clothes, you know...I don't feel right just...leaving him here vith a couple of pastries."

<Loki> "Drag him along with us, I guess. We already, have an entourage."

<Remy> "... Hey, Remy resents dat, you know. I'm no one's entourage. You kidnapped me." Remy looked the leafy person up and down. "Though I am not saying no to sane company, oui?" After all, he'd been homeless and hungry, he knew the feeling well.

<Jolen> Standing up alittle straighter he concentrated and pulled all of the vines back in with apparent ease now, his own healing kicking in. "You are talking about taking me with you? To where?" Stepping back with a highly suspicious look in his eyes as he wiped the gunk off his face to reveal 3 black thorns going down his chin. He knew he was different but he didn't want to get taken to a hospital or something.

<Remy> Remy stared. "Merde. He looks weirder than me!" He blew hair out of his face.

<Loki> He looked at Remy and raised an eyebrow ", we all have strange powers and some thorns make you swear?"

<@Fabian> "Lets get one thing clear." Fabian turned to face them all as he made his way back up to the slope. "I'm taking you on an all-expense paid road trip and flights. You bitches are all my entorage and I'm your almost painfully handsome benefactor." Nodding, as if pleased with his own statement, Fabian chuckled at Jolen's question. "New York eventually?"

<Remy> "Hey, stickboy, you just glow. Spaniard over there does his ... burny t'ing and the blond's just really big." Remy scrabbled after Fabian, unnaturally graceful. "You don't look different, oui? You don't stand out in a crowd like I do - an' like dat poor bastard. Bet dat's why he's out here, not in some comfy home, oui?"

<@Fabian> "I would think your second encounter with Lukas would prove he does more than glow."

<Remy> Remy grinned. "Oh oui, ami, oui ..."

<Jolen> Getting more of the drying blood stuff off his hands showed more thorns on his knuckles and again up the bone of his elbow, each time just 3 nasty looking thorns. "Vhy would you be taking me vith you to New york? I live here...."

<@Fabian> "...it's the woods! Who wants to live in the woods?" Fabian did not understand at all and was probably not the best salesperson. "New York's better!" With that he turned and headed to the car in a way that it seemed he was so very full of himself it had to manifest itself as dance.

<Loki> Lukas looked at Remy affronted. He looked at Fabian and flailed ", did you hear what he just said to me?!"

<Jolen> Jolen just watched as the man watched off confused as to who they all were and why they weren't afraid of him. "I've alvays lived in the woods, no von sees me here it's safe, what does this New york have to offer me?" Picking up his tattered bag off the floor, all of his lifes belongings in there.

<Ankka> Ankka looked at the guy and smiled, hanging back for him. "It's safe there too, and everyone there is like you, or me, or those guys. It's a school, and ve protect each other. There's a big vood there too, if you think you'll miss tree, yes?"

<@Fabian> "Prove him wrong, Loki!" Fabian called back, laughing. "Just don't break the car, the new guy or anything." One had to have some kind of rules when letting Lukas loose, after all. "And hey, our place will feed you so more food in New York!"

<@Fabian> "And it's not the woods."

<Loki> Lukas smirked ", next time we get to a hotel, I'll show you."

<Remy> Remy just grinned.

<Jolen> As the tall blond one seemed to actually be talking to him rather then the speed they could all get in the car he turned to him instead for easier answers. "You say this is a school for freaks like me? I could go there and they would just give me a place, I don't have money or anything...." However there was alittle hope for him there, he loved his life out here, he just wanted something closer to normal. Like his parents had wanted for him.

<Ankka> Ankka shrugged with a smile. "You don't need money. It's set up to give everyone a home. The loud Frenchman also has no money. Come on. Ve'll get you food, and you can think about it, yes?"

<Loki> "God I can't wait to get to your cabin, Ankka," Lukas smiled wistfully.

<Jolen> Jolen smiled back before starting to walk with them, surprised and confused but also rather happy how this was turning out. "It is a plan." Hitching the bag further on his shoulder so he could wander along without hurting the thorns on his back.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Clint: Clint fired arrow after arrow at the target. The center was already blown out so he'd picked a new spot to attack. His dad had decided to punish him for, well whatever he wanted clint didn't pay attention to the excuses anymore.

LadyLoki: In the interests of showing more involvement with the school since he decided to stay, Lukas had agreed to go on this recruitment trip after getting back to the school. In the interests of keeping everyone on their toes and boredom, he had shifted forms and was currently a young woman. Leaning back against the seat, she looked out the window and out over the world below. "Where are we? It looks like the middle of Farmtown, Nowhere."

Wither: Kevin glanced out of the window for the nth time. He resisted asking when they would arrive. It was better than sneaking glances at Lukas who had transformed himself into a woman. It was unnerving. He resisted asking about that too, since it was very un pc, he assumed. "Agreed," he finally said, scratching at his burnt skin under his clothes.

Paige: Paige twirled in her seat, and nearly shrieked at the suddenly woman. "I'll never get used to that..." She muttered.

Angel: Angel fussed with her old uniform and didn't look out the window. It reminded her of Nebraska, which reminded her of Scott.

LadyLoki: Lukas smirked and held her chin up. She did so enjoy keeping the others on their toes. This was just one of the easier and more natural ways of causing a bit of mischief ", I'm sure I'll get bored of this form soon. Someone I knew once told me that practicing was the best way of getting a handle on my shifting though."

Paige: "Well that's true enough. I shift in a different way, and practice really is the only way." Paige smiled at Lady Lukas.

Wither: "Handle something," Kevin muttered under his breath, steadfastly not looking. "Are we there yet?" he asked louder.

LadyLoki: Looking at Kevin with wide innocent eyes, Lukas blinked ", what was that, Mr Ford? I'm not sure I heard that first bit."

Clint: Clint kept it until he was out of breath. "Fucking bastard."

Wither: "I'm sure you didn't," Kevin replied mildly. "Shapeshifting is very cool. Much cooler than what I got." He scratched at his arm.

LadyLoki: "Well yes, it is. But all powers have their place," she winked at him.

Paige: Paige shuddered just a bit. That was unnerving!

Wither: "Not all." He scratched some more. Lukas was seriously creepy.

Angel: Angel flicked her wings, watching the exchange. "Not used to shapeshifters yet, no? We've had several over the years. It's an interesting power."

Wither: "Never seen one before. I think."

Angel: "That you know of," Angel grinned at the poor sunburned kid.

LadyLoki: "It's not my primary ability but it is the easiest to mess around with. The probability thing is a little....chaotic sometimes," she shrugged ", to be honest I'd rather not mess about with it while in the air." Lukas' nose wrinkled. Confident in her abilities but still not willing to risk her own ass.

Wither: Kevin suddenly sat up. He unbuckled himself and ran for the bathroom to be able to scratch in privacy. The peeling burn itched and the rash wasn't helping. "I'll just stay in the jet, y'all," he said as he scrambled past.

LadyLoki: Jerking back as Kevin ran by, Lukas raised an eyebrow ", I think he's gone to scratch himself all over." She looked to the two teachers in the front ", so, ladies, Miss Ladies, are we there yet?"

Paige: Paige shot Angel a look. "If I had a quarter..."

Angel: "We should start charging. Extra if they kick the seats," she giggled.

Paige: Paige giggled at her friend. "10 bucks for that!"

LadyLoki: "Do you honestly want to hand me more fuel," she asked with a cheeky grin.

Angel: Angel looked at the controls and the instructions. She wasn't entirely comfortable with this AI piloting program Darren had built in to the jet. "Allora, I think we are almost there... if we can find a spot to put it down."

Paige: "So yes... We are nearly there." Paige grinned back at the shapeshifter.

LadyLoki: Lukas smirked at Paige and then looked out the window ", I'd say pick a field you think will look good with a crop circle and set her down."

Paige: "Ohhh can we make it a pretty crop circle?"

Angel: "We'll see, si?" Angel punched in the appropriate codes and took as much control as the AI would allow to land. "Hold on... I've never done this before."

Paige: "Wheee! Adventure!!!" Paige buckled up.

LadyLoki: Lukas frowned and buckled in, sitting back. "That's a very reassuring thing to say," she announced and did not agree with the shriek of adventure at all. Not one bit.

Angel: Angel crossed her fingers when the jet set down and then let out a string of relieved, unintelligible Italian when it bumped to a stop.

Paige: "Eeeeeee everyone alright?!" Paige looked around to be sure.

Clint: Clint stared at the Jet that just touched down. "What the fuck....." He dropped the arrow he's just knocked.

LadyLoki: Looking around, Lukas let go of her seat and took a deep breath ", I'm good, we're down, right? Safely on the ground?"

Paige: "Down and good. Excellent job, Angel!" Paige patted her pilot.

Angel: Angel opened her eyes and unbuckled, standing up and buzzing her wings once. "I believe we have his attention," she said, looking out the front window. She'd wave, but he wouldn't see it. "We're very subtle, si?"

Paige: "Who needs subtle?" Paige was already heading out of the plane.

Clint: Clint wondered if he should call 911 or just let them crush the crops.

LadyLoki: Unbuckling herself, Lukas spared a glance for the bathroom and then headed towards the exit of the plane as well ", if it's just his attention we have then I'd be truly impressed." She pushed her hair out of her face and frowned out a nearby window ", does he have a bow?"

Angel: "He does have a bow." Angel hit the button to open the hatch and looked around. "So, who's arrow-proof?"

Clint: Clint stared at the weird looking plane. "Who the hell is coming here... It's the middle of nowhere Iowa."

Paige: "Cool I want a bow!" Paige was already off the plane and waving at Clint.

Angel: "Never mind. She can be, if she wants." Angel lifted off and buzzed after Paige.

Clint: "I.... is there a reason you landed in our corn."

Paige: "Your corn? Oh sorry!!! There wasn't a better landing spot. Hello!!!"

LadyLoki: "Well I can put up a shield or turn the arrows to something else," she shrugged and then ran off after her teachers. The school was full of crazy people and she was now one of them. When they approached, she eyed the young man warily.

Clint: "In front of the Barn? The field....." Clint stopped when he noticed the girl flying.

Paige: "Weeeeeellll newbie pilot. But it's totally fine she landed it great! I'm Professor Guthrie." She giggled. Professor...

Clint: "Okay my bow snapped back and hit me in the face.... I'm unconscious on the ground somewhere...."

LadyLoki: "You don't look like you're on the ground at all," Lukas smirked at him ", these two are professors. Just very enthusiastic teachers." She shrugged and looked at the two women.

Angel: "I'm Professora Salvatore," Angel said, setting down beside Paige. "Mi dispiace tanto... sorry about the corn. We are, ah, here to offer you a proposition."

Clint: "What?" He stared at Angel, confused for more than one reason.

Angel: Angel looked him over. Young, scared... was that a black eye? "You are a mutant. We can offer you help, a home, an education, a chance to be with other mutants. And it's free. Good deal, si?"

Clint: "What's the catch." He stepped back a little still holding his bow.

LadyLoki: Stepping forward a bit, Lukas smiled ", there really isn't one. Trust me, I would know."

Clint: "And I'm not a mutant. I can't do anything special."

Angel: "Our boss says you are." Angel looked him over again. He certainly wasn't obvious. "Are you sure?"

Clint: "I've been normal all my life. Pretty sure I'd notice something different about myself."

Paige: "Weeellll maybe it hasn't manifested yet?" Paige suggested.

LadyLoki: "Maybe it's something subtle," Lukas suggested. She was studying the young man and taking in his general shakey appearance.

Clint: "Maybe I'm just a normal farm boy. Different doesn't happen around here often. And the last time it did it was bad."

Paige: "He wouldn't have sent us to you if you weren't a mutant." Paige tried to reason with him.

LadyLoki: "You know, I've heard sometimes oppression can keep someone from manifesting. Or even that they do and just don't notice it," Lukas moved closer ", what do you think?" She smirked at Clint.

Clint: Clint raised an eyebrow. "Huh?"

Angel: "Oh, it does. I know another Midwest farm boy who can blow a hole through a mountain with his eyes, si?" Angel looked down at the bow then to the target. She noticed the bullseye. "You did that?" She pointed.

Clint: "I do that everyday. It's practice. Only thing that keeps me out of a full days worth of chores."

Paige: "But... you didn't miss... any of them..." Paige was amazed.

Clint: "I don't miss. That's why I practice. So I don't miss."

Paige: "But even great marksmen miss, even just a little." Paige inspected his target.

Angel: "But people miss sometimes, no matter how much they practice."

LadyLoki: "Are you sure you don't miss because of the practice or do you just....not miss," she asked and went to study the targets, touching the arrows.

Clint: "I practice. A LOT. My dad makes sure of it. If you want a demonstration I can show you." He lifted his bow up.

LadyLoki: Lukas stepped back away from the target at the sound of 'demonstration'. She had no intention of getting accidentally skewered even if she could probably stop the arrow.

Paige: Paige put a gummy bear on her head. "Shoot the gummy!"

Clint: Clint grinned. "Is that all you've got?" He knocked an arrow.

Paige: Paige grinned... then covered her eyes. She couldn't watch. She was so going to die.

Clint: Clint took aim and easily took the gummy bear off her hear and nailed it to the target. "Next?"

Paige: Paige dared to peep. "Oh my gosh you're so awesome!"

LadyLoki: Looking between the two of them, one of Lukas' eyes twitched. She'd seen a lot but she'd never seen a woman not being mind controlled cheerfully volunteer for death by headshot. She wondered vaguely if the headmaster knew. Watching the gummy go sailing into the target, her eyes widened.

Paige: "There's no way a normal marksman could make that... you are totally a mutant! And a very cool one at that!"

Clint: "You've never been to a gun show have you? Stationary target, easy hit. Moving are harder. But the remington spokesman is regular old joe and he hits eggs that the audience throws at any time."

Paige: "Hmmmm... shoot these!" Paige got a handful of gummy bears and threw them in the air.

LadyLoki: Lukas held up a hand, a soft green glow coming from them and then held out a crystal dagger ", using these."

Clint: Clint stared at the crystal dagger. "I...."

LadyLoki: "From the way you said it, you've shot guns and your bow. Try throwing daggers."

Clint: "You gonna give me more than one..." He took the dagger and tested it's weight for a second.

LadyLoki: She held out several more, smiling.

Clint: "Don't move your hand." He looked at Paige. "Got more candy?"

Paige: "Yay!" Paige got ready to toss more gummy bears. "Let me know when you're ready! I have lots!"

LadyLoki: Lukas held her hand steady and watched him, eyes focused.

Clint: "Whenever's fine." He waited a second and when she threw them and split them in the air.

LadyLoki: "Wow. Yeah that, have you practiced with crystal daggers before? Because that was pretty amazing."

Clint: "Just had to gauge the weight. They're not perfect but they're not off."

Paige: "You still want to argue that it's all about practice and no mutation?"

Clint: "I do. Because I don't like my talents being questioned. All I do that's of any worth is this."

Paige: "That doesn't mean what you do is any less amazing, Clint. It makes it even more amazing."

LadyLoki: "I've never met anyone that could do that. That just means you should be more proud," she sighed a bit. "What can we do to make you change your mind?"

Clint: "You know really... I don't care. Just get me out of here." He gave her a smile.

Paige: Paige grinned. "Great! Do you need to grab some clothes and things from the house?"

Clint: "If I go in there I'm probably not coming out without another one of these." He pointed at his eye. "I can buy stuff later. Well unless they freeze my bank account....."

LadyLoki: Lukas smiled and held an arm out to the plane ", then after you. I'm sure we can find something at the school to hold you over until you can buy something."

Paige: "You want me to go in there? I can whack them real good if they try to hit you." Paige pushed her sleeves up. "Oh right, or that. To the plane!"

Clint: "Cool." Clint smiled and let himself be led to the plane by the women. Definitely a great way to recruit people. He eyed the women with his peripheral vision.