Summer 2010: Sooraya

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

Raya stirred the spice mix together with a wooden spoon, occasionally lifting it out to swipe a finger across the back, tasting it and adding more from different jars. She, as was usual, had music on, turned up so loud it might've woken the dead had Moon not already taken care of it. "Red, the blood of angry men; Black, the dark of ages past; Red, a world about to dawn; Black, the night that ends at last!" She sang back to the boombox perched on the table, holding the bowl in the crook of her arm as she stirred. The lumps of powder were not cooperating today.

Neena followed the music to the kitchen, where Raya was stirring...something? "What are you making?" She spoke a little louder so she could be heard over the music.

"Huh?" Raya stopped and turned to see Neena, giving her a bright smile. "Oh, hey. Um... it's supposed to be a spice marinade, but it's turning out a little thick." She tipped the bowl so Neena could smell it, turning the dial down on the music so they wouldn't need to shout. "It's soemthing I grew up with...and really good and spicy."

"It smells like heaven," Neena sighed. "Have you tried adding some salt to thin it? It might work."

"It's got a cup of salt in it... but hey, more can't really hurt." Raya chuckled, picking up the container and trying to pop the spout up with one hand. "I don't know why I made so much; at this rate I'll have enough for the whole summer. Want to taste?" She plucked a clean spoon from off the counter and offered it, but warned, "It might take your head off, it's got like the whole bottle of cayenne and of paprika in there..."

"I'll try anything once," Neena said, taking a taste. The flavor exploded in her mouth, and she instantly felt the sweat break out on her forehead. "Oh, wow! That's intense. You have got to give me the recipe for this. What do you use it for?"

"Pretty much everything. Mostly meat." Raya laughed at the sweating, reaching out and dabbing at Neena's forehead withthe dish towel she'd stuck in her belt. "It's a really, really old recipe. You can stick lamb nuggets in this for kebabs, and they'll melt in your mouth. It's great."

"I bet," Neena went to the fridge and dug out some ground beef. "No lamb in here, but would this work? I'm dying to try it with food."

Raya nodded over her shoulder to the second bowl she hadn't touched, and the cubes of red meat sitting in it. "I snitched someone's steak tips to use. You should cook with me, kebabs are so easy. It's like, stick, cook, and enjoy."

"I'd love to learn!" Neena set the meat on the counter. "Just show me how, chef. I love making food." She went to the pantry where she hid her apron and tied it on. "So what are you doing for the summer?"

She finished stirring and set the bowl down, raising an eyebrow at neena's enthusiasm. "You know, people usually aren't too keen to try it. I like that you are...just pour about a cup over the meat and let it sit for a bit." She wiped off her hands and shrugged at the question. "Staying here. Probably working on some pottery, and...I don't know what else."

"Sounds relaxing," Neena sighed, thinking about her own summer ahead. Bring on the stress! "I wish I could just veg out here, but I'm heading home soon."

Raya gave a soft sigh, but smiled anyway. "It's too expensive for me. And I'm not entirely sure they'd let me back through customs." She tried to sound joking, but the truth was she'd been missing home something fierce, and couldn't visit... "Unless I just stowed away in my own suitcase."

"Expensive? Oh, right, you'd have to fly international," Neena smiled. "You should let me know if you ever want to visit home. I have an uncle with friends in the airlines, I'm sure we could arrange something. No one should be homesick, you know?"

Raya smiled at that, but shook her head. "I wouldn't want to be stuck over there, even if I did get to go. With the MRA in effect and all..." She shrugged, leaning against the counter. It must have been ironic that the tape was still playing and had switched over to 'One Day More'. How well it summed it all up. "Even if I've got an ID, i don't think the customs officers will be any less...uptight."

"Hm. Yes, they can be a problem," she replied, remembering the little incident with Ben and Rachel. "Which is why I'm holding off the registering for as long as I can. I can hide under makeup, so I get by ok. Thankfully. But I'll probably be going back home more often now, so I wonder how that will play out. Assuming my uncle gives up his whole bribery deal with the vineyard."

Raya shrugged. "It's not as if I really go out a whole lot. I just...didn't want any trouble. If I hadn't registered, and they found out about us, I might've been deported." she paused, fidgeting with her fingernails and the end of her braid. "And that's the last thing I want."

"I don't blame you," Neena murmured, helping her with the meat. "I figure if I hold off long enough to get the vineyard, I'll be rich enough to just hole up and avoid the whole thing. But I think that's just me being delusional."

"Nah." Raya tossed the meat in the bowl to coat it before heading to the sink to wash off her hands. "I'd like to own a vineyard. They're pretty sights, with all the rows of green..." She snorted quietly. "But then I still want the desert. I suppose that's the Arab in me."

"Hard to shake what's been bred into you," Neena grinned. "I grew up around two sights- the ocean and my uncle's vineyard. I love it there. Unfortunately he's trying to bribe me with it to get me to transfer out of this school."

"Well... he probably wants you safe. Especially now, with things getting crazy." She handed a knife over and set to chopping veggies roughly. "I've always loved the desert. It's so alive, and so big. It's like being the only person on earth when you're alone in it."

"The closest thing to a desert I've been in is Death Valley. And let me tell you, that place wasn't fun. But it's nothing like the deserts I read about. Death Valley is just...rock and dead things. Kinda creepy, actually. It's hard to imagine anything that hot being alive."

"Oh, you should see it sometime. At night, when it's cold, or at dawn, when everything's just waking up, that's when you see it." Raya felt a smile grow on her face as she stopped for a moment, just thinking about her home. "And where the desert meets the sea is wonderful."

"I love the sea," Neena nodded. "And I'm sure I'd like to see a real desert. It's always so pretty on tv. The sand looks really pure, and it looks really peaceful." she held out the meat. "Is this right?"

Raya looked over, sniffing at it and grinning at the complex and spicy aroma. "Yep. We should probably heat up the pan...thing..." Raya gave the stovetop grill pan a suspicious look; the thing could be finicky at times. "They don't take long to cook. If it's hot."

"It smells so yummy already." she said, turning on the stove. "I can't wait to eat it! Do you eat it alone or with rice or something?"

"Tabbouleh." Raya took up the task of sliding the meat onto skewers, having already put the rice on to cook. Cracked wheat wasn't much of a favorite around here. "Which, for now, is pretty much rice and vegetables with olive oil."

"Oh! I eat that at home! My mom makes it for me all the time. But she's never made this," she gestured to the meat. "Tabbouleh would definately be yummy with the meat. Real tabbouleh especially. Wow, I can practically taste it."

She went to the pantry and dug deep in the back. "But we don't need to use rice. I found this at a market in SoHo," she pulled out three packets of cracked wheat.

"You totally win! I couldn't find any on the grocer's list." Raya smiled widely and picked one up, but handed it back, tilting her head in consideration. "Why don't we save it for when I get some more stuff? I'll give you a real Middle East dinner when you get back. You and Ben, Rae and everybody else who wants some. Authentic, even."

"I can't wait," Neena grinned. "I won't be able to fit into my jeans by the end of it, I'm sure!"

That made Raya laugh out loud, shaking her head at the thought Neena, so skinny already, not being able to fit into jeans. "Now you know why everyone wears loose clothes in the middle east. We like to eat!"

"Well, when your food is at yummy as it is, who can blame you!" she nodded. "I will definitely hold you to your dinner promise. As for our meat, is it done?'

"Oh, yeah, should be. It doesn't take long..." Raya went over and tossed it, coating it again before she reached for the skewers. "If you want I'd love help with this part. It can get a little difficult." She gestured with the skewer as they went, talking about the general food customs where she was from.

Neena polished off her plate in no time. The flavors were fantastic in her mouth, unlike anything she had tasted before. "This was delicious," she sighed, resting her fork against her plate and leaning back. "Just what I needed to give me the courage to pack up for Cali." She waited for Raya to finish before taking their plates. "I still have to pick out my wardrobe, not to mention I think I need to stop by the mall for a new sweater dress before I leave. It's cold back home, in the summertime."

"Aw...well, it was nice at least talking to somebody before they left. Everyone else just leaves me in here myself, with my Valjean." She gesture to the soundbox, which had continued to play quietly during the entire time. "It's a nice soundtrack to cook to. All those beautiful voices." She smiled at it, beginning the last, soft song with a low buzz.

"It was nice to relax before I go back to the nuthouse," Neena grinned painfully. "It'll be a family reunion of sorts, and Ben's coming along, so...god my neck tenses up just thinking about it!" she laughed.

That idea made her smirk, just thinking about what antics Ben might pull with Neena's family. "I bet...he can be kind of crazy. I hope everything goes okay with you two. You don't want any family upsets or anything."

Yeah. Upsets "Yes. Lucky for me my parents love him. We'll see what my uncle thinks." She shivered. "He's a little more... well. His expectations are a little different." She rinsed off their plates. "Wish me luck?"

"Oh, I do. All the best of luck. Not that you haven't got enough." Raya winked at her as she stood, untying the short apron she'd worn to keep sauce from splattering her jeans. "I'll be here when you get back so you can tell me about it."
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Cute scene. Very realistic, and such nice ladies. Makes me feel sorry for Raya, though, so alone.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

((placeholder))
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Elizabeth: Lizzie span in her heels on the dancefloor. It was hot. But in a good way. Maaybe she should think about a glass of water. After this song though, she grinned and twirled again to the music. It was so damn nice to go to a normal club.

Jason: Jason swirled his drink in his hand contemplatively. The name of the club was amusing enough though the kind of people he assumed to be regulars that came in were rather...interesting. Local flavour he supposed and he gathered that this place must do good business judging by their general state.

Raya: Raya sipped at her drink--which was virgin, much to the barkeep's dismey, probably--and watched the others pal around and laugh. She was enjoying the late night out, with the prospect of no classes to get up and go to in the morning; besides, in this club at least less people were looking at her that she could tell.

Nezhno: Nezhno was sort of uncomfortable being here in the club. It was very different from anything he had done in Wakanda, but he was actually kinda enjoying himself.

Raya: "Are you having fun, Nez?" Raya asked, raising her voice over the low din and smiling at the newer student.

Rogue: Rogue took a long sip of her drink as she pulled her hair up with the other hand, dancing to the music, closing her eyes and letting herself enjoy the time out. She missed Sam so she thought it would be good to try and enjoy herself anyway.

Nezhno: Nezhno took a long sip of his drink. "I am actually enjoying myself. But I was a little intimidated earlier when Rogue and Elizabeth decided to take me out to dance." Nezhno replied and smiled at Raya.

Elizabeth: Okay. That was a hand meeting ass. Discreetly, she slammed her elbow bwackwards into a rather tender stomach and pressed her heel down on a foot and carried on dancing away. Drink could wait as she did like this song...

Raya: "Yeah, it can be a little overwhelming out there." Raya smiled and laughed at his expression, downing the rest of her drink and being rather promptly brought another as soon as she looked behind her to the bar, flashing a smile. Though the fact she was wearing a borrowed top that dipped a little...low in the front could be helping. "Do you want to try it again, now that there are a few less people? I'd kinda like to dance a little, the mus

Jason: Jason laughed to himself as he saw the absolutely bewildered, not to mention pained, expression on the face of the man behind Lizzie. These were the reasons that powers were fun. He took another drink from his glass and looked around to see what other little amusements he could give himself.

Nezhno: Nezhno got up from the table. "Sure we could dance. After you Raya."

Raya: Raya smiled, setting down her drink as she slid off the chair, skirt breezing around her knees. "Thanks... Do you dance a lot? Or, did you back where you lived?" She maneuvered between the tables to get to the floor as the music switched over.

Nezhno: Nezhno followed Raya to the dance floor. "I really didn't dance a lot actually. If I did it was ballroom at my parents parties. Plus I didn't dance a lot in prison. However, there were some guys who made their own private prom. It was interesting."

Elizabeth: Glancing up she saw the expression on Jason's face. The rat had done something, she just knew it...Making a face at him, she pressed back a bit in the crowd to avoid tempting him into doing anything else.

Rogue: Rogue finished off her drink and went back to the bar for another, giving a wink as she got a look from someone she passed. He ducked his head and she laughed as she waited for her drink.

Miranda: Miranda laughed, flipping her hair over her shoulder and checking to make sure her ID was secure with her money as she followed Debra into the club. That name was just fantastic, so they had to stop by.

Jason: Jason gave the Lady Lizzie the most innocent look he could manage which was pretty much admitting that he had done something. It was something to answer the face she had thrown at him though before he laughed and went back to his drink.

Raya: "Huh. I didn't know you did ballroom." That was pretty neat, though...even if she wasn't the best dancer. "Sam taught me, kinda. I made the mistake of telling him I didn't dance much. What was the prom like?" She stopped in front of him, where there was a good spot on the floor.

Nezhno: Nezhno shuddered at his thoughts of the prison. "Well it was an all male prison. Let's just say Big Rick and Little Jimmy were the prom king and queen."

Elizabeth: "Ballroom is awful!" Lizzie span past Raya and Nez, making a face. "So, so dull! But whatever floats your boat!" she grinned and carried on through the crowd.

Rogue: Rogue went back to the floor with her drink, pausing as she saw someone she hadn't expected, "Miranda?"

Raya: "Aww, is not!" Raya called back, grinning at Lizzie's moves through the crowd. "Least not when you watch it in movies," she continued with a smile, lower in volume. "Well.... But did you have fun?" She asked, having no idea what an all male--or any--prison was like.

Miranda: On her way to the bar, Miranda stopped when a strange voice said her name and did a slow turn. "Oh! ....I know you. I know I do."

Nezhno: "Not really I was kinda in solitary for the entire time but I heard about it from the guys who crashed it and beat the crap out of the king and queen." Nezhno replied.

Elizabeth: "Oh please it bloody well is when you've been dragged off to some social event, you're bored, you have to partner a slobbering sixty year old oaf because your parents won't let you near anyone your age and you still have saddlesore from hunting!"

Rogue: "Ya do. Ya were pretty sloshed though, so maybe ya don't remember..." She smirked and took a drink. "Rogue, sugah. Met ya at tha beach."

Miranda: "Yes!" Her face lit up. "Oh... yeah... I was pretty wasted," she giggled. "Much less drunk tonight. So far. Woooow, you guys come here much?" She gasped. "Oh! Is this a mutant bar?"

Jason: Jason could have sworn he heard the word saddlesores float off from the floor but wasn't sure if he should fall into the temptation of asking for that one to be clarified. Probably not safe. In any case, the words 'mutant bar' caught his attention as well. He looked around, trying to find the source as he hoped that it wasn't actually. The idea of having their own bar was slightly amusing but he had already been making fun of the other occupants.

Rogue: Rogue laughed at her reaction, "This is mah first time comin' here, ta be honest. So, Ah have no idea if it's a mutant bar'r not. Might be, might not be."

Miranda: "Wow, well, I wonder if they have mutant bars." She nodded to herself. "That'd be pretty darn cool. Like gay bars, but with more color. Oooh, is the.... oh, I can't remember her name... the silver girl! Is she with you?" She peered around, shoving her hair from her eyes.

Elizabeth: "Mutant bars?" Lizzie stumbled across the new conversation and blinked. ""For some reason word acossiation is making me think 'nail bombs' but I could just be jaded."

Raya: "Oh, I'm sorry..." Raya's smile fell at the sound of that. "That's not very....well. I suppose people wouldn't be in there if they were ncie all the time." She shrugged, as the music slowed slightly. "Oh, look, someone's over with the rest. Maybe we should go see who."

Rogue: Rogue shook her head, "No, Cess ain't here. An', that sounds interestin'..." She took another drink, trying to hide the fact that she really didn't think it was a good idea to have mutant bars. "So, what're y'all doin' here?"

Jason: Jason pulled his way away from the bar once he found the source and seeing Rogue and Lizzie talking to the vaguely familiar person. Something that started with an M, for some reason made him think about drunks now. Miranda! That was it. "Well, I would say it made me think of nail bombs to but that wouldn't really help your case for being jaded."

Miranda: "Nail bombs?" She wrinkled her nose in confusion, then looked back at Rogue. "Oh, we just saw the name and started singing Night Moves ... only with squirrels, you know. 'Workin' on our night squirrels, tryin' to make some front page drive-in news...'" She waved over at her friends, who'd abandoned her to go to the bar.

Elizabeth: "Yes. Nail bombs. Go boom. Kill things." She gathered that this girl was rather slow or slightly drunk.

Nezhno: Nezhno joined everyone else and wondered what was going on with this girl he had no idea who was.

Miranda: "Well that's not very nice." She picked at her nails a bit.

Raya: "Nail bombs?" Raya quirked an eyebrow at Lizie's explanation of them. "What, you mean here, in a bar?" She curved a small smile, rather confused at where that had come up in the conversation. "Hi, Miranda, nice to see you again."

Rogue: Rogue wrinkled her nose, "Y'all this is Miranda. Miranda, y'all remember Jason an' Sooraya? An' that's Elizabeth an' Nezhno."

Jason: "Well, if they work for abortion clinics I suppose they'd work pretty well." He shrugged absently. "Yes, good to see you again, this time only starting on the drinking."

Elizabeth: Lizzie rolled her eyes. Obviously a London club thing. "Well it happened to a gay bar over in England a few years ago. Bars for the unpopular minority of the moment are not liked."

Nezhno: "Nice to meet you Melissa." Nezhno replied

Jason: "Miranda. Sure you've not been drinking out of something that actually had alochol in it there?"

Miranda: "Hi, hi!" She gave them little waves, trailing it off as the biiig tattooed black guy got her name wrong. She wasn't going to correct him. "Thank you, Jason! My hero!"

Jason: Jason blinked. Her hero? Well, that was strange.

Elizabeth: Lizzie batted her eyelashes at Jason. "Aww, you've saved the day, stud!"

Raya: That made Raya snicker as she brushed a hand over her hair, where Rogue had done it into a different sort of plait. "How're you doing, Miranda? It's kinda funny, you meeting us again in such a short bit. You didn't bring your boyfriend with you?"

Jason: "Well, someone was bound to notice my day saving antics eventually." Jason fake preened before snorting.

Miranda: "Nooo, it's girls' night, you know?" She smiled, glancing over at them and noticing Debra giving her the 'wtf' look. "Oh, um, speaking of... I should ...." Miranda waved a hand at them and did a little dance in place. "I'll catch up with you guys soon! Hit the dance floor!"

Nezhno: Nezhno stood there very confused. "Who was that girl?"

Jason: "Oh, a possible wino we met at the beach." Jason shrugged. "Amusing enough certainly."

Elizabeth: "Sounds charming..."

Raya: "Hey, she's pretty nice. She and her boyfriend at least didn't shout nasty things at us on the beach." Raya elbowed at Jason in jest.

Nezhno: "Well thats a nice change from what normally happens." Nezhno took a sip from his drink.

Elizabeth: "She had a 'oh petting zoo!' look on her face, I must say. Not sure if I enjoy being a novel amusement any more than abuse."

Rogue: "She's just interested like anybody is when they find somethin' new. They said they'd never met mutants 'fore, so it' kinda nice ta have someone interested insteada shunnin', ya know?"

Jason: "Hey now, those are my ribs. We keep appendages out of my ribs" Jason brushed his shirt down at the elbowing. "But for novel amusement perhaps she'll buy a round."

Elizabeth: "It'll make up for being 'omfg!! like wowzy omg undersweet coolies!!' what the fuck are we, show dogs?"

Rogue: "Liz, c'mon now. She's nice."

Nezhno: "It's better than being locked up in solitary for six years. But I'm just saying."

Raya: "I still say it's better than her shouting obscenities at us for no reason." Raya shrugged, looking over at Jason. "I didn't hurt you... you're too skinny to hurt." She grinned.

Elizabeth: "I'm not saying she isn't nice. But wow. I don't want to be a piece of amusment. Is that such a problem?"

Raya: "Well, everyone's amusement in this city. Or so it's been apparent to me, when I've come out."

Nezhno: "Not really when the inmates would look at me like they were at a petting zoo. One that they could beat the animals at anyway."

Rogue: "No, but ya don't gotta be rude about it, neither. She wasn't doin' anythin' bad."

Elizabeth: "You call this rude," she raised an eyebrow. "I call it an opinion."

Jason: Jason arched an eyebrow at the too skinny to hurt comment but was more focused on whether or not being dancing monkies was worth a free round. "Well, if she comes at us with a vest and cymbals I, for one, am running and hiding."

Elizabeth: "Here here."

Raya: "Just...don't get the wrong view of her. I don't think she means anything by it." Raya shrugged, hoping no one would be getting too angry over Miranda coming to talk to them. "Vest and cymbals?" she cocked her head at Jason's comment, more than a little lost.

Jason: "Dancing monkies?"

Nezhno: "Little annoying novelties that you wind up and they go crash crash?"

Raya: "Dancing monkies." Raya raised an eyebrow at him, blinking.

Jason: "Exactly." Jason nodded. "Not something I want to be."

Rogue: "Ah call makin' fun of sombody rude, yeah. Especially somebody ya don't really know." She grinned at Jason, "Can Ah be tha organ grinder?"

Nezhno: "No thats what I wanted to be!" Nezhno jested.

Raya: "Uhm. Okay then." She brushed her fingers over one ear, still confused at the dancing monkey comment, but oh well. "Obviously I'm missing something here, that you all know about these monkeys."

Elizabeth: "Oh please, you really call this me making fun, then you don't know me," Lizzie rolled her eyes. Damn someone was on their high horse.

Jason: "If we're removing making fun of people from tonight's entertainment I am not the person to be here. but yes, grind all the organs you want."

Rogue: "So ya don't call mockin' somebody makin' fun of?" Rogue shook her head, "An' Ah cain't say Ah ever really did get a chance ta really get ta know ya, Liz. So, nope, can honestly say Ah don't know ya that well."

Jason: Jason couldn't help it. The opening was just too great. "Ladies, are you going to have to take this outside?"

Nezhno: Nezhno just snicked to himself at Jason's hilarious retort.

Elizabeth: "No, you'd enjoy it too much," Lizzie boredly looked through her bag. "And I was commenting on the way this girl was acting about how we're the new fucking pokemon. I'm not saying that personally she's an awful bloody person. Just her perspective."

Rogue: Rogue rolled her eyes and didn't reply. She moved away from the group and onto the dance floor, letting herself get lost in the music again.

Jason: "Oh God," He winced. "All my life I had hoped for nobody ever to compare anything I'm involved in with anything related to pokemon." Jason couldn't help but roll his eyes a bit as Rogue walked away. "And I was going to put money down on this too."

Raya: "Ooookay..." Raya watched her friend go, blinking at the sudden change in atmosphere at the table. "So what are you all drinking?" She nodded at the various glasses around the table, holding her own.

Miranda: One drink down, Miranda was dying for a smoke. Damn that no smoking sign! She excused herself and slipped outside, lighting up and sighing with relief at the first drag.

Jason: Jason finished his glass off. "Well, it was scotch." He straightened up, tugging at the collar of his shirt a bit. "Think I'm stepping outside for a bit, hot in here."

Elizabeth: "Think I'll join you," Lizzie continued to root in her bag.

Nezhno: "I think I will second that notion." Nezhno followed Lizzie.

Jason: "Someone best get Rogue too. Don't want her taking out her frustrations on the floor or else she'll have to pay for the damages."

Raya: "I'll get her." Raya ventured out to the floor and caught her attnetion, motioning that they were going outside. She stood for a minute to watch her dnce, envying some of those moves, but not really the looks they got.

Jason: Jason ducked outside, glad for the break from the noise inside. "Much better."

Nezhno: "Right there with you." Nezhno replied as he followed Jason outside.

Miranda: Oh, there were other people out here. The guys from the beach! "Oh, hey!"

Rogue: Rogue finished off the song and her drink, stopping by the bar to give her glass to the bartender. She followed Raya outside and leaned against the wall, her ears having to adjust to the change.

Elizabeth: Lizzie exhaled. "Oh yeah. Nice sky tonight," she looked up. "Well, for a city area anyway..."

Raya: "It's pretty, seeing all the lights on." Raya smiled, as she looked up with Lizzie at the hole framed by the high-rise buildings. "It always looks so light. Like it's either sunrise or dusk, instead of really night."

Nezhno: "It's nothing compared to a Wakandan sky out on the plains."

Jason: "Oh, hello again." Jason gave Miranda a nod, blinking as he thought he saw something moving a ways behind her.

Elizabeth: "Back home when it's cloudy, it never gets totally dark. It's like an orangey purple of all the lights hitting the clouds. Looks weird..."

Jason: He blinked again. Okay, he had not had enough to drink that he would be hallucinating. He was pretty sure he hadn't been in any case. There was a man down there he was pretty sure but something definitely looked off.

Rogue: Rogue smiled over at Miranda and gave her a nod, "Hey, sugah. Crowd get too much f' ya?"

Raya: "It gets....really dark back home. In the desert it's like, industrial-strength night. In the city not so much." she smiled contentedly as she moved to clasp her hands behind her. "I'd like to see England sometime. But I like to travel, anyway."

Miranda: "Yeah, I just wanted a sec... and..." She took a drag of the cigarette, making sure to blow the smoke away from Rogue. She caught movement from the corner of her eye. Odd movement. "Hey, what's that?"

Elizabeth: "I'm not actually going to see much of it this..." she trailed off, as a shadow caught the corner of her eye, along with a rather scatty thought pattern.

Rogue: "What's what?" Rogue looked around Miranda and frowned, taking a step away from the wall to see it better.

Jason: "Okay, so you all see it to? You have no idea how relieved I am to hear that." Jason could have sworn he saw something that looked like wings but they were pulled down tight as whatever it was crouched down over something in the back street.

Elizabeth: "I don't just see it...I;m getting slight thought impressions. Nothing solid though."

Miranda: "Um, a bum? Maybe we should go back inside?" She took a step closer to the group.

Rogue: Rogue turned her head towards Lizzie, but kept her eyes on the scene, "Like what, Liz?"

Elizabeth: "Bum's generally don't know how to sheild mentally...I'm not sure. Something about...Tunnels. Tunnels and tunnels and dark."

Rogue: Rogue blinked. Oh shit. Where were Bobby and Lorna when you needed them. "Underground tunnels?"

Jason: There was a faint dragging noise, something heavy and Jason, despite all common sense he had, took a few curious steps forward but before he could move much more whatever it was was gone and the dragging noise started again briefly. "What the fuck was that about?"

Nezhno: "Rogue that sounds a lot like our training session." Nezhno exclaimed.

Rogue: "Exactly... Maybe they're on ta somethin'. Sewer chicken that was not."

Elizabeth: "Yeah. Underground," she wrinkled her nose as if she was smelling something bad. "Damp as well. And cold..."

Nezhno: "Ok now this is getting wierd."

Elizabeth: "Ah, it's about average really."

Rogue: Rogue chewed her lip, "Ah think we should follow it...Him... Her?"

Miranda: "What are you guys talking about? Dude, bums are like.... they can be scary."

Jason: "Funny enough but I'm not really all that keen on following strange people down dark tunnels."

Nezhno: "I actually agree with Rogue. We should investigate."

Elizabeth: "Especially seeing as we don't know what power they could have."

Rogue: She gave Miranda a reassuring smile, "Yeah, sometimes... But that wasn't just a bum." She arched an eyebrow at Liz. "C'mon. Ya have me, tha mutant power sucker. That won't be much issue, Ah'm sure."

Nezhno: "Besides, I think we can take care of ourselves if anything happens."

Elizabeth: "I don't really think going down into the sewers to chase up Master Splinter over there, after having drunk would be wise. Especially with a great lack of information."

Rogue: "He might not be in tha sewer yet. We could catch him above ground still. Never said anythin' 'bout goin' in tha sewers."

Raya: "And everything else." She added for Lizzie. "But...we might be able to just see what or who he is....he might need some help, you know?"

Miranda: Miranda stamped out her cigarette and hugged herself, not sure at all what these people were carrying on about.

Elizabeth: "Oh yes, cockiness is always a wonderful weapon. I suggest we go back, or enjoy the rest of our evening, find out more, then do something."

Jason: Jason tilted his head at everyone, wondering if there had been some train of cocaine going on at the bar that he hadn't been aware of. "Did we miss the dragging sound and him not being in sight anymore? Let's not follow strange people in dark places when we don't know what's going on."

Rogue: "Ah ain't cocky. Just statin' a fact. Ya obviously don't know me very well."

Elizabeth: "I'm just stating that we can't go down there unprepared. That's cocky."

Raya: Raya shrugged lightly. "I could always go after him, I mean, it's not really going to hurt me if I'm dust..."

Jason: "This is how people get killed in really bad horror movies. I am really rather fond of living."

Rogue: "What if what he was draggin' was a person? An' that person needed help? Then find out t'morrow mornin' on tha news that person was found dead or somethin'. How would y'all feel?"

Elizabeth: "I can tell you for a damn fact it wasn't," she tapped the side of her head.

Jason: "I think we would have seen if it was a body, we could see him pretty well and he wasn't carrying anything before we heard the noise."

Nezhno: "I agree with Rogue. We need to find out what the hell is going on. Besides we can take care of ourselves if somthing gets hairy."

Elizabeth: "That person doesn't want to be followed so we're better off leaving alone until we know more, actually scrounge up a blueprint of the tunnel system so we know where we're going."

Rogue: Rogue shook her head slightly, knowing Lizzie was partially right, but something was nagging at her about it.

Raya: "Well... we can always depend on Rogue to get us out before we're really hurt. Being that she can't be." Raya listened to all the arguing for a moment, blinking as so many of the words overlapped. "If you want to stay up here, maybe you can listen for us if we need help." she rubbed her temple, thinking as she talked, turning to Lizzie and Jason.

Elizabeth: "I'm not officially taking over from Rankin til August but anyone dares go down there, you will be in shit. Got it?"

Nezhno: Nezhno knew that they were right. It was foolish to go down there unprepared.

Jason: Jason tilted his head at Lizzie now, wondering if she realized just what she was saying in front of someone who wasn't exactly part of their group.

Elizabeth: "Running off on a whim and an idea is never a wise idea. This is something to look into, but not now."

Rogue: "Don't threaten me, Liz." Rogue narrowed her eyes a bit. "Ah came out ta have a good time t'night, not get threatened by you."

Elizabeth: "Then stop going on and on Rogue and go have a good time."

Rogue: "Did Ah say anythin' else? No. So just drop it, alright?"

Raya: Raya looked to Miranda, who was noticeably looking lost, and smiled apologetically. "i'm sorry....we kinda tend to argue sometimes. I guess, human nature?" she shrugged, trying a laugh and a smile towards the girl.

Nezhno: "How about we go back inside and enjoy the rest of our night. And tomorrow morning we get to work on this whole 'mysterious sewer man who may or may not be carrying a person with him' business."

Miranda: This was getting uncomfortable... and why the hell would they want to go after that bum?! "Aheheh... yeah." She tried to smile herself, fumbling for another cig.

Elizabeth: Lizzie shook her head and turned away. She was making notes about this when she got back to school. If this behaviour carried on in class...

Rogue: Rogue looked over at Miranda and saw her messing with a cigarette pack, "Mind if Ah bum one, hun?"

Jason: Jason found himself rubbing his temple. Oh this was going to be one hell of a headache come morning. "Nobody's threatening anyone as far as I can see, just pointing out truths. Anyway, that's well over now."

Miranda: "Um, sure!" She took one out for Rogue and handed it over before getting her own, lighting it and handing her the lighter, then realizing maybe she didn't need a lighter and nearly dropping it.

Rogue: "Being told Ah'll be in shit if Ah do whatever Ah choose ta do isn't threatenin'? Ah'm mah own person an' we ain't at school'r on any kind of -" Rogue stopped before saying the word mission, remembering Miranda. "So, Ah don't hafta do what she says. Ah ain't stupid enough ta go down there without people with me, so Ah ain't goin', but Ah damn sure want to now that she's said that."

Rogue: She caught the lighter as Miranda fumbled with it and lit the cigarette taking a slow drag. Remy would kill her. But not like she cared at the moment.

Rogue: "Thanks, sug."

Jason: Exactly how many times are we going to bring up school and school related things around this girl? Jason eyed the wall, wondering if brain damage would be a welcome change at the moment. Maybe it was just the drinking but there was just a bit too much idiocy going on at the moment.

Raya: Raya gave a small smile to Miranda. "Wow. Crazy night. Summer kinda makes us all a little stir-crazy, doesn't it?" She did note the tension between the rest of the group members....and, yeah. "It was cool to meet you again."

Nezhno: "It was nice to meet you Miranda." Nezhno said as he gave Miranda a little smile.

Miranda: "Y-yeah! You too!" She knew she was smoking that cigarette way too fast, but she just wanted back inside. "Maybe we can work on those night moves again sometime without the squirrel?"

Elizabeth: Lizzie caught Jason's eye and shook her head. Oh yeah. This was definately being noted. And she was just going to stick to Hellfire. And some people had weird ideas of threats. She wasn't hardly going to stab anyone in the face with a psiblade...More detention if anyone went down that bloody manhole.

Rogue: Rogue smirked, "Totally. Ah think Graydon has mah phone number. Gimme a call sometime, yeah?"

Jason: Jason caught Lizzie's eye and had to swallow a laugh that wanted to come out.

Raya: "Yeah, that'd be great; he's got mine too." Raya smiled pleasantly as she watched the cigarette disappear a little quickly. "Enjoy your girl's night, Miranda, I hope you have a good time. The music's pretty good to dance, if you meet a cute guy."

Miranda: "Absolutely." She hurridly stamped out her cigarette. "I gotta pee, and Debra probably thinks I died. You guys... have fun too." She gave them all a little wave and with a last furtive glance down the alley went back inside.

Jason: Jason waved a bit absently and glanced around at the others. "So...home?"

Rogue: Rogue finished off hers and flicked it away, "Sounds like a plan. Ain't been more ready ta go back."

Nezhno: "I'm ready as well." Nezhno replied

Elizabeth: "Might as well," she made a face as she looked in her bag again. Could have sworn she had...Never mind.