Christmas 2009: Rachel

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Rachel turned the volume of the CD player up with a quick thought as she reached to hang the poster Ben had gotten her for her birthday on the wall, giving a wince. All the stretching didn't agree with the new tattoo.

Once she finished putting the poster up, she flopped down on her bed and checked the tattoo. She'd have to clean it in a bit, but not right now. The package from Lizzie had finally arrived, and she really wanted to know what was in it.

Rachel pushed herself up and moved to grab the box, turning the music up a bit more since she liked the song. Well, she liked every song on the CD since it was a mix, but whatever. Hopefully, the music wasn't irritating anymore. Actually, she kinda hoped it was. The thought amused her... Well, depending on who came to complain.

The music wasn't exactly heavy either. Papa Roach was probably as heavy as it got, and there was only Forever and Scars. The songs she had on it would be more likely to scare whoever figured out it was her music since it ranged from 10 Years to Eminem.

Grabbing the package off her desk, she moved to sit back down before snatching a smaller box that was something else from Ben, except for Christmas instead of her birthday. After taking a seat on her bed, Rachel decided to start with Ben's gift since it was smaller.

She ran a hand through her hair as she pulled the package open and pulled out the tiny tiger carved out of wood. She looked it over, flipping it around in her hands to inspect each detail. She was kind of surprised it'd made it through customs.

Rachel snorted as she actually listened to the song that was blaring. "I already told you that falling is easy. It's getting back up that becomes the problem," she sung along, not that anyone would be able hear her. Definitely reminded her of Ben though.

She leaned back into her pillows, still studying the little, wooden figure. She hadn't really thought about Ben leaving. Always found something to do before it got to her. Well, and she was pissed as hell at him when he left.

Rachel supposed she missed him, but whatever. He was getting better, which is something he needed to do, and who was she to complain about that? As long as he was alive, she was good. Plus, now, she knew that he was coming back. Really wasn't any point in dwelling on it.

She set the tiger aside, placing it on her nightstand and moving on to the box Lizzie had sent from Japan. She eyed it for a moment, not quite sure what to expect since it was Liz after all. Rachel started unwrapping the box after deciding that it was safe.

Rachel pulled the box open and leaned back, half-expecting something to pop out at her. When nothing happened, she peeked inside, eyes widening slightly. Jack! Reaching into the box, she started pulling the plushie out. Okay, it was like the never-ending plushie...

And, that definitely wasn't part of the plushie. Rachel snickered at the corset that the life-size Jack plushie was dressed in. Well, she supposed him and the corset matched...

Rachel finished pulling everything out of the box and kicked it away, chewing on her lip as she worked on getting the corset off of the stuffed toy. She set the corset aside, deiciding that she'd try it on later.

She shoved a hand through her hair as she got up to go to the bathroom, flipping the music off on her way. Rachel needed to check on the tattoo first.

((Corset and Jack: http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o299 ... m/jack.jpg))
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

ROFL!!! Jack *and* corset. That oughta be fun to see Rae in.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Pancakes To Go

Post by Esynthia »

Rogue: Rogue flipped the pancake on the griddle and took a drink of her chicory that Remy had left behind when he went off for the break. It wasn't terribly early, but she couldn't sleep so she figured she'd at least make breakfast for the few students here. She brooded a bit as she poked the bacon, she missed Sam.

rachel: Rachel trudged into the kitchen and sniffed a bit as she shoved her fingers through her hair in an attempt to get it out of her face for once. "Smells good," she muttered, hopping up onto one of the counters, eyeing the pancake then Rogue.

Rogue: "Thanks. How many y'all want? Got plenty of batter." She flipped a different pancake, "An' there's fresh chicory in tha coffee pot an' Ah'm 'bout ta make eggs an' cinnamon rolls."

rachel: "One's enough for me," she answered, scrubbing her face as she used to teke to pour herself a mug of coffee since she was too lazy to move. "Not big on breakfast."

Rogue: Rogue let out a weak laugh as the coffee pot moved, "Ain't it too early ta be usin' that much brain power? Ah coulda just done it f' ya if ya'd asked. Josh comin' down soon? Might make some biscuits too... An' some sausage..." She took another sip and started putting the pancakes on a plate to cool then set about pouring more batter. Maybe she needed to make more batter? She pouted some at the thought of Sam again.

rachel: "Yes, but it's also too early to move." Rachel took a sip and thought for a moment, "Honestly, no clue. I stayed in my room last night. I can use more brain power to nudge him, if you want." She raised an eyebrow, "Are you trying to fatten those of us that are here, so you can cook us later?"

Eve: Eve came in from the door to the patio. He walked without saying a word, picked up a pancake, rolled it, and took a bite, then continued on his way through the kitchen.

Rogue: "No, Rae, just got a lot on ma-" Rogue stood, a bit shocked as she watched Eve come in and take a pancake and leave without so much as a 'hi I'm back'. "Um.." She quickly switched off the stove and followed him out, "Eve! What tha hell?!”

rachel: "Hey, Eve," she raised an eyebrow as he walked out, "Bye, Eve?" Rachel pushed herself off the counter to follow Rogue, grabbing her coffee as an after thought. She wouldn't be able to function all day without it...

Eve: Eve continued silently down the hallway, up the stairs, and stopped at the door to his old room. He pushed it open and realized it had new occupants. Eve closed the door and turned to wait for the others to catch up.

Rogue: Rogue stopped short as Eve turned back around to her. "Eve! What tha hell," she repeated as it was all that she could think to say at the current moment. "What... What tha hell?"

rachel: Taking a sip from her mug, Rachel looked between Eve and Rogue, "Welcome back?"

Eve: "Thanks." He looked from Rae to Rogue, "They gave away my room. Either of you know where there's an extra?".

Rogue: Rogue just stared at him for a moment. "'Course they gave 'way ya room! Ya moved ta Texas!" She reached out to lightly smack his arm. "How 'bout a 'hey y'all. how ya doin'?' 'steada just stealin' mah pancakes like that." She crossed her arms. "Ya welcome by tha way."

rachel: "Well, there was more than enough. No way in hell any of us are going to eat them all, except for maybe Josh," she shrugged. "So...how are you?" Rachel glanced at him. "And, there'd probably be empty rooms down the hall."

Eve: "Deal." Eve started to walk off down the hall, and said over his shoulder as he walked around the corner, "And thanks for the pancake."

rachel: "Or not. Later, Eve..." She watched him walk down the hall before turning back to Rogue, "So, what were you saying about cinnamon rolls? Well, and as Eve came in?"

Rogue: "At least call Bobby!" She hollered after Eve. "Or maybe Ah will..." She pulled her phone out of her pocket as she started to head back to the kitchen, "Ah was just sayin' Ah got a lot on mah mind an' Ah miss Sam... Keepin' mahself busy basically. What do ya want? Ah'll make it?" She flipped her phone open and watched Rachel before she decided to hit Bobby's speed dial. Should finish one conversation before starting another.

rachel: Rachel took her spot back on the counter, "Well, I could make it myself...but I think everyone would prefer the kitchen to still be here when they get back. Doesn't really matter, actually. I can skip breakfast." She eyed the phone and wondered how long until Rogue shoved her out of the room. Well, or she could leave of her own free will first.

Rogue: "Ah'll make 'em. No worries. Ah wanna keep mahself busy, remember?" She hit the button finally and put the phone to her ear as she set the stove going again. "Just tell me what ya want, an' Ah'll ma- Hey, Bugs!"

rachel: Okay, wasn't Sam, which meant she had a chance of not getting shooed. Rachel chewed on her lip, thinking before answering. Well, if she wanted to stay busy... "Cinnamon roll sounds good. That's all though. Don't need anything else."

Rogue: "Ok, Rae," she grinned at the girl and started telling Bobby what was going on as she started pulling out the ingredients for the cinnamon rolls.

[Edited on 7/7/2008 by Esynthia]
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Ben: Ben trudged around in the snow. He had forgotten his shoes back at his aunts house and now was shin deep in snow, while wearing crocs. His feet were no longer part of the living world, he had decided, and were to be chopped off if he couldn't get in.

Ben: He tried climbing up the window to Nate's room but it was locked on the inside and the walls were too cold to stick to any longer. He dropped down with a plop and grumbled as he trudged over to the patio door. Knocking quietly he peered in, seeing what looked to be a small tv and the back of two familiar heads watching it.

rachel: Rachel rested her head on the arm of the couch, knees pulled in so Rogue could have her spot as she muttered the words to the Town Meeting Song. She shifted slightly, making a face as her hip disagreed with the movement.

Ben: Ben sighed. He decided to knock a little louder. "S-s-s-should've friggin' c-c-c-called...." He grumbled as he shivered. Rapping loudly against the glass he waited.

Rogue: Rogue rolled her eyes and nudged Rachel with her sock-clad toe, "Shh." It was bad enough Rachel was making her watch this for the probably hundredth time already, but it annoyed her when she could hear Rae over the movie. A frown came over her face as she heard a knocking sound and she tilted her head to listen. "Rae... That y'all?"

rachel: She nudged back with her foot but stopped singing in order to protest, "I'm no--" Rachel cut off at the knocking and glanced over at Rogue, "...Nooo..."

Ben: Ben wrapped his arms around himself and banged his head against the glass. "Why." *thud* "Is." *thud* "This house." *thud* "Locked?" *thud*

Rogue: Rogue arched an eyebrow and slowly turned to look and see where the noise was coming from, both eyebrows going up at what she saw. "Well lookie here. Tha prodigal son has returned." Her eyes narrowed shortly after, "Asshole. Y'all wanna let him in? Ah'd likely kick his ass 'fore he could get two steps in."

rachel: She looked over to the door and glanced back at her, raising an eyebrow, "Do I have to? My favorite song is coming up...and I'd have to get up." Sighing at the look she got, Rachel rolled off the couch and moved to open the door.

Rogue: Rogue smirked at Rachel's back as she walked towards the door, then set a glare at the occupant behind the glass.

Ben: Ben stepped in and saw Rogue's glare. Frowning he waved. "Merry Christmas?" He asked. He turned to Rachel. His eyes lit up and he opened his arms wide and picked her up and squeezed her. "Rachel!!" Spinning around a few time she put her down.

Ben: "Sorry i didn't call, got sort of held up. Everyone get my wood carvings I hope?" Ben brushed snow off his corduroy jacket and unraveled his red and blue scarf.

rachel: "Put me down! You're cold!" Rachel gave him a small shove, wrapping her arms around herself. "And, yeah. I got mine."

Rogue: Rogue gave a small noise of affirmation. "Ah got a present f' y'all too, Ben, but think Ah'll let ya thaw first."

Ben: "Good." Ben nodded to Rachel. He perked an eyebrow up at Rogue and smirked. "I'm assuming your gift is going to be a nicely wrapped boot to the butt? Yes, please, i'd rather thaw out first." He winked and shook off his coat, getting white snow on Rachel's legs. "Sorry."

Ben: He flopped down into the chair by the door and saw the T.V. "Oh, hey, Tim Buxton or something right? I know this one. Scared the hell out of me as a kid."

rachel: Rachel jumped back, sucking in a breath at the cold and how her hip did not like the way she moved. She moved back to her spot on the couch and curled up again, giving Ben a look. "Tim Burton. And, how the hell do you not know that?"

Rogue: "No, not a boot ta tha butt. A fist ta tha jaw. Now shut tha hell up 'fore Ah give it ta ya now." She glared at him then curled back around the arm rest as she turned to the movie again.

Ben: Ben frowned. Nice job Ben. He said to himself.

Ben: Ben looked over to Rogue who was vigilantly staring away from him.

rachel: Rachel shook her head.

Ben: Ben waited a few moments and when he finally had enough of the silence he looked at them both. "I'm uh... better. For the most part. Not drinking anymore. Not even thirsty for it. Getting kicked out of rehab was the best thing ever." He grinned and twiddled his thumbs hoping they'd get warmer.

Rogue: "Well la-de-fuckin' da. Ah'll believe it when Ah see it, Benjamin." She kept her eyes trained on the TV, though they were narrowed in a glare as if she were looking at him.

rachel: "Well, that's good." Rachel looked between the two, not quite sure what to say. She was glad Ben was back, but then there was pissy Rogue and being on Rogue's bad side sucked. "And, I know you got kicked out."

Ben: Ben snorted. "Rogue, I messed up. I know that. I did real bad things and I hurt people and I hurt myself. And when I tried to stop myself I failed. I failed you, Rae, Josh, Professor, and Marissa." He said the last name quietly.

Ben: "But I'm here to make up for it now. So if it will help you to feel better, I'll let you hit me. In fact, pummel me if you must. I won't hit back. Not once. I trust Doc McCoy to fix up anything you could possibly do to me, and if I deserve a severe concussion or worse, it's what I get for what I've done."

Rogue: "Ben, it would take a very long time f' Hank ta fix what Ah'd break." She still didn't look at him. "An' hittin' ya won't solve shit 'cause Ah'd still be pissed." Rogue really wanted Sam to be there. He was good at calming her down most of the time.

rachel: "If she's not going to hit you, am I allowed to?" she smirked.

Rogue: "Go f' it. Ah'll hold him down even."

Ben: "If you guys think violence will make you feel better, go ahead. I'm never going to hit someone who doesn't deserve it ever again." Ben smirked back at Rachel. "But I'd prefer it to not be the case and I'd rather make some cocoa."

Rogue: "Then y'all're fucked f' trainin'."

rachel: "Chocolate is always awesome. Plus, don't really have a reason to hit you at the moment," she shrugged.

Ben: Ben winked at Rae. "I'm sure you'll think of one, but remeber pillow are better on the fist than my bony butt." He looked to Rogue seriously. "I don't think I want to fight anyone. Not unless it's the only solution. I'm done with violence, I'm done with yelling. I'm done with drinking, smoking, and over-eating. I want to be balanced for once in my life." His eyes became soft. "You understand that?"

Rogue: "No, Ah don't. Everythin' Ah've gotten in life Ah've fought f'. An if Ah didn't fight, Ah wouldn't have mah best friends back." She cut her eyes to him, "So, no, Ben, Ah don't understand not wantin' ta fight. If ya don't fight ya get walked on. Ah ain't a welcome mat ta wipe tha bottom of ya feet on."

Ben: "I'll fight when I absolutely have to. That said, I'm done with violence and anger." He nodded to her and smiled. "You know, a month ago I would be fuming right now probably. I sort of just want to hug you right now, but I'm honestly sorta certain that you will kick my nuts up into my rib cage if I come near you, arms open."

Rogue: "Would do it if ya came near me, arms crossed."

rachel: Rachel cringed at the mention of Essex. She vaguely remembered that really, but still. "I can think of something, but I'm pretty sure Rogue would punch you for it too..." She debated trying to change the topic, but that'd probably fail.

Rogue: "Only pretty sure, Rae? That's tha main reason Ah'm pissed."

Ben: Ben flopped into his chair. "Well, fuck me." He said. "Well, when you guys are done beating me up, tomorrow I need help finding a new claddagh ring. I lost mine in the Rehab, they never gave it back."

rachel: "Yeah, well, positive...pretty sure...whatever. And, it's really not that big of a deal. Happened a long time ago, and I'm pretty much over it." She made a face, "I'll pass."

Rogue: Rogue arched an eyebrow at Ben, "Ya ain't blonde an' blue eyed. Sorry." She turned her gaze to Rachel, "Yeah, but that don't mean Ah am."

Ben: Perplexed, Ben furrowed his eyebrows. "You mean I don't look like a Nazi?" Ben smirked. "My claddagh ring was given to me by mother after my dad had died. It was apparently his and I'm really upset I lost it, but I realize it was material. I don't plan on replacing it, so much as finding one to start my own tradition with."

Ben: He looked to Rachel. "And I haven't forgotten about it or gotten over it either. I'm still pissed at myself for that and if you wanna sit down and talk one-on-one about it sometime, we will." He smirked. "Perhaps over some root beer floats or something?"

rachel: "Am I the only one that doesn't care about it? I mean, seriously, it's not like you're the first guy that's hit me in the face and probably won't be the last," she looked between them. Now that she thought about it, Josh might still have issues about it, too. "And yeah, that'd be cool."

Rogue: Rogue snapped her green gaze to Ben, "He is not a nazi. An' why don't ya just go ta tha rehab center ta get it back? It's y'all's property, they cain't keep it from ya."

rachel: "Josh isn't a nazi either, but I don't think they'd accept him now that his eyes aren't blue. He's also probably a bit too shiny for them."

Ben: "Wait...who's not a Nazi? I'm confused, how does wanting a claddagh ring qualify as...whoever you two are talking about, as a Nazi? And as for the Rehab. I sorta...can't go back. Ever. "

Rogue: "Y'all're tha one who brought up lookin' like a Nazi. Then call them, Ben, they cain't keep that from ya."

Ben: Ben threw up his hands. "I officially have brain damage from alcohol." he looked to her. "The facility is gone, I shut it down. For good maybe. I made a lot of trouble."

Rogue: "Well that sucks f' y'all. Try antique stores."

Ben: "Okay." Ben hung his head. Clearly he needed more time to get back to where he was with Rogue. But he was going to try very hard to earn that trust back. He sighed and hoisted himself up out of the chiar. "I'm gonna go upstairs and unpack. Good to be back guys. Merry Christmas." He waved to them and walked towards the door. "I'll make some alcohol-free Egg Nogg tomorrow. Night!"

rachel: "Night," Rachel mumbled as she watched him leave the room, shifting her attention back to the movie.

Rogue: "Ah think Tim Burton got tha story wrong. That was tha Nightmare Before Christmas." Rogue glanced over at Rachel then back to the TV.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

rachel: Rachel ran a hand through her hair before grabbing a carton of ice cream and a spoon, deciding it'd just be easier on her hip to lean against the counter. She pulled the lid off and tossed it to the counter, taking a spoonful. An advantage to most people being gone for break. She could actually find food.

Ben: Ben came into the kitchen sipping from a featureless, brown bottle. He waved to her and sat on the stool. On his shoulder was his banjo which he turned around and began to pluk at and tune.

rachel: She raised an eyebrow at the bottle and gave a nod since her mouth was full of ice cream, and she didn't really want to spew it everywhere.

Ben: "Root beer." he said holding it up and shaking it. He demonstrated and poured a little on the table. It crackled and bubbled the way carbonated sodas do and he grinned.

rachel: "Ah," she answered. "Want any? I promise I'm not diseased," Rachel held out the carton.

Ben: Ben shrugged. "I'm not sure about the diseased part, but I'll risk it." Ben whipped out a wooden spoon from his front pocket. "Made it m'self in Tibet. Don't worry, it's not diseased." He winked and dipped it in.

rachel: "Eh, like I'd really care if it was. Not going to give up ice cream because of it," she grinned.

Ben: Ben grinned back and enjoyed another spoonful. "You like root beer?" Ben asked. He took one out of the fridge and poured it into a tall glass. Then he took two scoops of the ice cream and put it in with the root beer. He offered it to Rae.

rachel: "Yep," Rachel took the glass with a thanks and took a small sip out of it. "So, what's up?"

Ben: "Not much. I can't believe Rogue is so angry at me...I mean...okay yes I can believe it. But still, isn't it sort of a waste of energy to get that angry with me?"

Ben: "I mean, I'm back. And I'm better. And I'm out to make a difference now, and she just... was furious with me."

rachel: She just shrugged, taking a bite, "She'll get over it eventually."

Ben: "Hopefully." Ben said as he poured himself some root beer and placed a scoop of ice cream in there for himself. "So how's your mom? And Josh? And everyone else? What'd I miss? Couldn't get much out of Nate." Ben realized that was probably the wrong person to bring up now.

rachel: "She's alive. Josh is asleep and a bit cranky. His shoulder's bothering him. Everyone else is pretty much on break. And yeah, he's kinda...out of it. Wasn't very responsive when I told him you were sorry like you asked me to."

Ben: Ben frowned. "Thanks for trying." He looked around the kitchen and noticed the christmas lights that decorated the windows and saw the snow falling (still). "Quiet here 'round Christmas time. Waitaminute,...why didn't you go home?" Ben pointed his spoon towards her. "You got a dad, and a mom, and though your mom is a royal pain in the patootie, your dad's fair enough. Or at least Josh's family?"

rachel: "My mom and dad live in completely different places, as they are divorced. And Josh...well...he's not close with his family either," she shifted awkwardly, stirring the contents of the glass a bit, "So, yeah. Why aren't you at home with your family for Christmas?"

Ben: Ben rolled his eyes as he acknowledged her avoidance of the issue. "I'm not with them because I had a long talk with my Mom and Aunt about all of it and we all decided it was really important for me to come to you guys and apologize, and spend this Christmas with you and Rogue."

Ben: "My Mom understood everything I did and every choice I made. She forgave me and told me I needed to come to you guys next, so I did." He smiled and took a sip of his float.

rachel: She nodded, "My family doesn't need me for Christmas, so I figured I'd just spend it with Josh. Plus, my birthday and our anniversary are around now, so may as well stay here." Rachel grinned, "I got another tattoo and convinced Josh to get one. Well, and my hair is blue, but you've probably already noticed that."

Ben: "Yeah, I tried not to say anything." Ben flashed a smile and rubbed his now hairy chin and face. "I was hoping no one would say anything about this. You go swimming in toilet bowl cleaner or something?"

Ben: He then frowned. "More tattoos? Josh? I can't really picture him getting a tattoo..."

rachel: "According to Bobby, I dyed it with Smurf fluids," she smirked. "Yeah, more. And, he did. Dragon on his back. Mine's on my hip, so I don't think you'll want to see it."

Ben: "Yeah...prefer not. I'll just take your word for it." Ben smiled. "I think if I ever go back to Tibet, you and Rogue need to come meet the Rinpoche." He nodded as he chugged his foamy soda.

Ben: When he pulled the glass mug away there was a white mustache under his nose, which he was oblivious to. "Yeah, it was an amazing place."

rachel: "Who's that?" Rachel raised an eyebrow, taking a spoonful of the float.

Ben: "He's the Master of Joy. He's, supposedly the happiest man on the planet. He helped me a lot." Ben pointed the spoon to her again. "I'm serious, I know it's hard to take Benny serious sometimes, but I am."

rachel: "Sounds like fun. I dunno how much cheeriness I can take before my head implodes though," she smirked.

Ben: "Yeah, well, it nearly drove me to drink. Literally. You should've seen me, I don't even remember most of Japan. I think I called you or something right?" He shrugged. "The whole trip up until I met Shifu was a disaster. First the Rehab center...then Seattle."

Ben: "Honestly, if it weren't for meeting these people, my life would be a fiasco right now."

rachel: "Yeah, you called me from Japan at two in the morning. I froze my ass off outside on the patio. But, at least you're good now."

Ben: "Not really..." Ben said glumly. "There's still something I need to do, though I put it off." He shrugged and sighed to her. "On my way back from Tibet I was going to stop and talk with Mom, square things with her and talk about Dad, yadda yadda."

Ben: "But when I called her, she told me Ozzy's been looking for me." He shook his head. "I guess he's got something important to tell me."

rachel: "Well, that's not too bad," she shrugged. "I mean, it could be way worse."

Ben: "Yeah, I suppose." He sniffed and felt some cream shoot up his nostril. Surprised he wiped his upper lip and saw the remnants of the float on his hand Smiling at Rae he shook his head. "Coulda told me."

rachel: "It was much more amusing seeing how long til you figured it out yourself," she smirked. "So, what do you think Ozzy wants?"

Ben: "Personally? I think he wants to either kick my ass for ditching him, or tell me he's with Gwen."

rachel: "No offense, but I wouldn't call either of those incredibly important."

Ben: "Yeah...Well, with me friends are the most important." Ben shrugged. "I understand though, you weren't very fond of Ozzy, I get that."

rachel: "Yeah, I wasn't. Of course, it could be that you were trying to stop drinking, and he was encouraging it," Rachel finished the float and placed her glass in the sink.

Ben: "Well... he is a Bostonite." Ben smirked. "That's sorta what we do, when we're Irish and young, y'know?"

rachel: Rachel rolled her eyes, shaking her head with a grin, "Should've mentioned I'm from New York. Then, maybe, he would've fucked off."

Ben: "Yankee, Red Sox rivalry is one I warned you of in Boston. There's some people who are just...ruthless. Ozzy, back when he was growing up? He was like a little Goblin. If he's drunk and you piss him off, he's unpredicatble."

rachel: "Yeah, well, most people could tell I was from here anyway," she shrugged. "It was amusing. Plus, I'm not scared of unpredictable, pissy drunks. I go out with Josh."

Ben: "Josh wouldn't hit you. Ozzy... I can't promise anything with him." Ben said under his breath. "Part of why I'm not sure I want him with Gwen."

rachel: "No, he wouldn't. Plus, I hit back. Well, if your worried about it talk to one of them. I sugest the one with the most common sense."

Ben: "Yeah, well... Gwen hasn't got any common sense. Pretty, nice, but she has no common sense. She's just...your typical gorgeous blond." Ben rolled his eyes. "The whole thing is absolutely ridiculous."

rachel: "Well, then...you're screwed. I'd advise beating sense into her, but you wouldn't."

Ben: "You know, I hate to break it to you, but violence isn't always the solution. In fact, rarely it is." He shrugged. "You know, I think it would make a lot of sense to just throw up my hands and accept I can't save everyone and change everything."

Ben: "But...it's Gwen. Y'know? I'll just talk to Ozzy and remind him who has super spider-strength." He winked. "Wanna go build a snowman?"

rachel: Rachel just shrugged, "I have a better idea. Wanna get some shovels and dump snow on Josh?"

Ben: "It's like you can read my mind." Ben winked. "Let's dump it on his face so I can stick a carrot in there?"

rachel: "Sure. Why not," she replied as an evil grin formed. "Grab the carrot now."

Ben: Ben ran to the fridge and pulled one out. "This is gonna be awesome!" he high fived Rachel and the two sped out of the kitchen, abandoning their root beer floats. It's good to be back, Ben thought.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Rachel sucked in a breath, rolling over and shoving whatever was digging into her ribs out from under her. She squeezed her eyes shut, instantly regretting opening them. She muttered, shifting again to lie on her back and slightly wondered whether she was in her room or not.

She supposed she'd find out in a minute since all her moving would eventually wake Josh up, and he'd most likely be unhappy since he'd gotten a snowball in his face last night from her and Ben. Well, or he could be already up. This was all if she was in his room, of course.

Rachel hesitantly cracked an eye, then the other, and finally blinking at the brightness. She flopped back onto her side and sleepily grinned at the Jack that was next to her. Definitely in her and Raya's room since Josh thought she was insane for having the thing. Well, and she didn't need it in Josh's room. She had him to hug instead.

She wrapped her arms around Jack, snuggling into it as she started to drift off again.

"What's a dad for, Dad? Taught me how to stand, Dad. Took me by the hand and showed me how..."

Rachel's hand shot out to snatch her phone off the nightstand, irritated that it'd interrupted her daze. She quickly flipped it open before she could silence the damn device. She opened her mouth to say 'hello', "Ugh..."

Brain waited for Rachel to answer her phone, rolling his eyes at the tone ringing in his ear. He was surprised the voice mail hadn't kicked in yet. An eyebrow raised at the noise. "Hello?"

"Ugh..." she repeated, still not feeling up to forming words just yet. Rachel cradled the phone as she curled back into the plushie, eyes still closed.

"Rae?"

"Huh?"

He chewed on his lip and looked around the living room, "Are you okay?"

"Uh huh," she answered, yawning as she groped for the covers.

"Really?" He caught the yawn and grabbed the remote, checking the tv for the time. It wasn't earlier than he'd thought it was, right? Nope. It was around one in the afternoon...

"Yeah, great."

Well, at least that answer was two words. "So, how are you...?"

"Sleepy."

"I woke you up?"

"Yeah."

Okay, so much for two words. "Sorry." Damnit. Now she had him doing the one-word answer thing.

"It's okay." Rachel blinked, staring blankly at the wall as she tried to force her brain to focus. She'd been meaning to call her father since Ben mentioned her not being at home, but it was too late last night.

Brian frowned, feeling a bit bad since he knew that she didn't sleep well, but if she said it was fine... "Not coming home for Christmas, I take it? And, happy birthday."

"No, I'm not and thanks." She squeezed Jack, slightly hoping the conversation would be short, so it wouldn't be diffcult to go back to bed. Even though she should really get up. "I had stuff going on for my birthday. Meant to call and tell you then."

"Oh? What'd you do for your birthday?" That was slightly surprising. Normally she didn't do anything.

"Bobby took me shopping and got me a skateboard. Lizzie and Ben sent me stuff. Cess threw me a party. Josh and Rogue went with me to get a tattoo..." Rachel rattled off everything, not really paying any mind to the fact that he didn't know Bobby, Ben, or Lizzie.

"...Another tattoo?"

"That's what Ben said."

"How many is that?"

"Um. Seven, I think. It's on my hip."

"Oh, good. My next question was can people see it. So, anything exciting going on?"

"Not really. Josh and I have been together for a year, Ben came back, Eve is back..." Rachel yawned again, still resisting the urge to sleep.

A year? That was a scary thought. "Well, those sound nice." Sorta. Brian wasn't exactly sure about the Josh thing, but he never was and wasn't about to voice that. As long as Rachel was happy...

"Uh huh."

"Do you want me to let you go, Rae?"

"It'd be nice, but I'd live if you want to talk about something."

"Not really. Was just calling to check in and make sure you're alive. Get some sleep."

"Thanks," she muttered.

"For what?"

"Making sure I'm alive, letting me go back to sleep... I don't have enough time to list everything else."

"Oh." Well, that was unexpected. Girl was just full of surprises. "Bye, Rachel."

"Later." Flipping the phone shut, she tossed it over her shoulder, not really caring where it landed. Rachel hugged the stuffed skeleton closer and pulled the blankets over her. It was break, so she should be able to sleep all she wanted, right?
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

You know what's weird, I read this after having woken up at approximately one in the afternoon.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Elizabeth: Lizzie wandered around the penthouse, trying to find something to occupy herself. Her trip out alone after the springs hadn't been a great idea, and now she couldn't settle.

Elizabeth: Throwing herself down on the sofa, she leant over to the coffee table and tugged her laptop over, flipping the lid up. Myspace was so tempting when you were bored.

rachel: Rachel compulsively refreshed the page again and let out a sigh. Why was no one online? Well, she supposed that it could be that normal people were sleeping at five in the morning. She brought up the msn window, and of course no one was on. Glancing over her shoulder, she wondered if headdesking would wake Josh up.

Elizabeth: Msn started up with an annoying little beep that told her she had email, she waited for the contact list to load, then realised it had, and there was just no one on...Oh, apart from Rae, Andrew on idle (downloading a new patch for some game probably), aaaand, not anyone else interesting.

Elizabeth: Tempted to click on Rae's name, she waited to see if she was going to get a poke icon...

rachel: She jumped slightly at the dinging noise that meant someone had signed on or off, and she was guessing on since no one had been on. Lizzie... Grinning, Rachel clicked on her name and sent a poke.

Elizabeth: Oh, she was such a precog....Lizzie gave a snicker.

rachel: [Finally, someone to talk to.] Rachel laid her head on the desk and stared the screen, which didn't make typing easy. [Soooo bored.]

Elizabeth: [What on earth is the time there?] she tried to do the maths and came up with some ungodly hour. [I suppose no one is awake then...]

rachel: [5am. And, nope. No one is. I'd wake Josh up, but he wasn't thrilled with the snowball in the face I used to wake him up the other day. How's Japan?]

Elizabeth: [I'm betting you haven't been to sleep yet then...] she sighed, and looked over her shoulder to check the coast was clear. [It's been...strange.]

rachel: [I have. Just woke up a few hours ago...] Rachel raised an eyebrow, [Good strange or bad strange?]

Elizabeth: [Try going to bed later than ; ). And...both. I think. It's just been weird.]

rachel: [Wasn't that. Had a nightmare. : P So, what's happened?]

Elizabeth: [: ( everything okay?] she shifted around a little bit, moving the laptop off her knee to kneel up and have another look around. Hmm...[brb I need a drink if I'm going to be saying about that...]

rachel: [Yeah. Used to them now.] Rachel sat up and leaned back in the chair, waiting for Lizzie to come back.

Elizabeth: Grabbing a glass of water, she quickly checked no one else was around before heading back to the living room. [Right, back now. So...]

Elizabeth: [Basically...I got offered a job in a Japanese crime gang. I think ><]

rachel: [Ha! What would you do? Kill people with sparkles? : P] she snorted, [Do I want to know how that happened?]

Elizabeth: [Probably, yes.] Lizzie chewed her lip. She'd gathered that was the reason Sebastian had been so unhappy. [Well...I stopped a 'bag robbery' and this man was impressed, gave me his card and said if I ever got bored of my job he'd give me one.]

Elizabeth: [I told Sebastian about it, and he got all weird, now I can't go anywhere without him or a driver, though, well, not really stuck to that and it's getting odd...]

rachel: [Okay, yeah, I think strange covers it then. Sounds way more exciting than what I've been doing.]

Elizabeth: [Actually it's making me sort of nervous. Things are getting strange and I sort of want to go home now...Plus I had a...well, a hissy with Sebtastian earlier.]

rachel: [You can't go home? And, what happened with him?] This was starting to be a bit much to take in at five in the morning...

Elizabeth: [I can, if I don't want to work. I'm not just here as a vacant...] did she even count as a girlfriend? Probably not...[Oh, the conversation just got side tracked, got on to powers...It's just stupid...]

rachel: [Do we have to go through the whole 'if it's bothering you...' conversation again? But, if you don't feel safe or whatever, you should go home. I'd lack a Sith master if you never came back from Japan.] Rachel shifted in her chair and pulled her knees up, resting her chin on them.

Elizabeth: [No, we'll be done soon anyway. I'm in no danger, I don't think. Just feel odd over it all.}

rachel: [Having a crime organization wanting to employ you is a good reason to feel weird, I think. So, how's Japan besides that?]

Elizabeth: [It's been good, yeah. We went to some hot springs and a monkey crashed our private pool. It was cute, but kind of crazy. Bit Sebastian.]

rachel: [Lol. I want to ask if he's okay, but it's an amusing thing to picture.] She worked on stifling her snickering. [Oh! Eve's back. He didn't really say much, but he's here.]

Elizabeth: [Oh he's fine. He sort of absorbs stuff like that, well, kinetic energy anyway, and it makes him invulnerable and super strenghthed up.]

Elizabeth: [Oh yeah, i saw him around on myspace. So, is he back back or is he going to vanish again?]

rachel: [Ah, okay. So, I can laugh all I want then?] Rachel chewed on her lip, [I'm not really sure. He came in the other morning while Rogue was making breakfast, grabbed something to eat, and asked about a free room. Told him where one might be, and he walked off. It was weird.]

Elizabeth: [Yeah, you're allowed to laugh...] Well, for as long as her mood lasted anyway. [And that is weird. If he was back, he'd have been given a room.]

rachel: [Yeah, I dunno. He didn't say much. Ben's back, too. Otherwise, not much has happened besides me getting my stuff from you.]

Elizabeth: [Ben was gone? Thought he just got lost in the woods or something...Never really speaks to many people.]

rachel: [Yeah, he was. Though, guess it doesn't really matter since he's back now.]

Elizabeth: [Ah, cool. So, what have you been up to beside that and your tattoo?]

rachel: [Not much. Tattoo looks nice. I still need to take a pic of it. Hanging out with Josh, really. Get to take care of his tattoo since he can't reach it.] She rolled her eyes and glanced over her shoulder, making sure he wasn't up.

Elizabeth: [Oh, he got one too? Does that even work seeing as he's heal boy?]

rachel: [Yeah, he said he's never getting another. It's on his back.] Rachel thought for a moment, [Dunno. Josh only heals if he wants to. His isn't automatic like Vic's or Kyle's.]

Elizabeth: [I suppose...But I'd see healing as something the body does anyway without you thinking about it. And I've never known him have a cold...]

rachel: [Yeah, I guess we'll find out. I'll get a pic of his in case it does heal over, which would really suck.]

Elizabeth: [What did he get?] Lizzie sipped her water and heard the door go. She checked her IM window to make sure anything incriminating had vanished upwards.

rachel: [Tribal dragon. He hated getting it and didn't know how I could live with getting seven.] Rachel smirked, letting her legs fall back to the floor.

Elizabeth: She gave a small smile as Sebastian walked behind the couch, stroking her hair as he passed. [Why did he get it then? I'm sure it looks cool...and tell him from me no pain, no gain!]

rachel: [I've managed to corrupt him. : P And, I'm sure he'll love hearing that as soon as he gets up. ; )]

Elizabeth: [Hee. You make sure he does! Sebastian is back so I may lag...Or be going out to dinner. Not sure yet.]

rachel: [Dinner? Oh, right. Not time for breakfast there...] Rachel yawned. [If you're going out to dinner, I'm going back to bed.]

Elizabeth: [Well, it hasn't been technically offered but I'm sure I can get it...] she grinned slyly to herself, looking at where Sebastian was hovering by the window with a drink.

rachel: [Shouldn't be that hard. Who can resist pink sparkles?]

Elizabeth: [Or the Sith...You have fun going back to bed!]

rachel: [Oh, yeah 'cause sleep is just so exciting. Enjoy dinner. Don't get into too much trouble.]

Elizabeth: [I will ; )] she snickered quietly.

rachel: [Later.] Okay, so sitting in front of the computer bored for a few hours paid off.

Elizabeth: [Toodles!] Lizzie sent a little butterfly emote and signed off, shutting the laptop down. Now, about that dinner...
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

rachel: Rachel grabbed her phone and flipped it open, leaning back in the chair. Scrolling down through her contacts, she waited until Meggan's name was highlighted and hit the green call button.

Meggan: Meggan was halfway to the stairs on a trip to the kitchen when she heard her phone start ringing. She backtracked to her room and picked it up, looking to see who was calling. She smiled and fliped the phone open, "Hi Rae!"

rachel: "Hey," she grinned as she pushed herself out of the chair so she could pace around the room. "How are you? How's your break so far?"

Meggan: "I'm great!" Meggan felt like she was going to burst, "Break's great!... I'm engaged!!" She beamed, "Alex proposed!"

rachel: "Really? He finally did? That's awesome, Meg! So, when did he and how and all that?" Rachel smiled. She'd have to torment Alex with questions later, too.

Meggan: Meggan made her way to her bed and sat down, glancing out of the window at a snowball fight in full swing. "We were building a snowman," she told Rae, "And he asked me to put the carrot on for the nose - the ring was on the carrot."

Meggan: "I was so shocked, Rae. I wasn't expecting it at all!" She smiled as Mark took a hit and died a very convincing fake death, "Parents are thrilled - they're pelting Alex with snowballs as we speak."

rachel: "That's awesome. I'd come to visit, but Josh apparently has plans that I'm not allowed to know about. So, happy birthday and congrats."

Meggan: Meggan grinned, "Aww, thanks! Are you having a nice time there?"

rachel: "Eh, it's okay. Kinda boring. Ben and Eve came back, though," she started to shrug but realized that Meggan couldn't see her.

Meggan: "Oh! How are they?" Meggan shifted to get more comfortable thinking that it would be far easier if she was a cat but cats couldn't hold phones.

rachel: "Eve didn't really say much, and Ben's better." Rachel moved to flop down again, "Oh, Lizzie sent me stuff from Japan! Nightmare Before Christmas stuff!"

Meggan: "Ooo! You'll have to show me when I get back!" Meggan grinned, "So, you got any other news? You know mine!" she looked out of the window again, watching Alex and her parents in the garden, "I'm so happy, Rae!"

rachel: "She sent a life-size Jack plushie and a corset." Rachel thought for a moment, "Not really. I dumped snow on Josh, but other than that...not much. Hanging out with everyone else that stayed."

Meggan: Meggan giggled, "Snow is fun!" she laughed again as Sian slipped and face-planted in the snow, "It's making some great entertainment for me at the moment - Dylan's having a nap so I'm keeping an eye on him while the others are in the garden."

rachel: "Talked to my dad, too. It was kinda awkward," she shifted a bit in the chair in an attempt to get comfortable, "Oh, how is Dylan? Well, and Alex? ...And everyone else?"

Meggan: "They're all fine - Dylan loves the snow... well he likes eating it and rolling around in it..." she smiled, "Parents are mad as ever and Alex is really happy... for obvious reasons."

Meggan: "And it's good you're talking to your dad even if it's awkward - Parents are important." She nodded to reinforce this fact even though Rachel couldn't see her.

rachel: "Just make sure it's not yellow, and he's fine," she smirked. "Yeah, tell Alex I said congrats, too."

rachel: "I normally get along with my dad. It was just weird since he'd woken me up. Well, and I mentioned that Josh and I had been together for a year, so that didn't really help."

Meggan: "Didn't he like that?" Meggan was distracted from her viewing of the fun outside.

rachel: "I don't know. I think he did. Kinda. He doesn't really like Josh."

Meggan: Meggan was really confused now, "What's not to like about Josh?... Except maybe the need to wear sunglasses if you're going to look at him on a bright day..."

rachel: "Him and my dad didn't get off to a great start. And, he's not quite that shiny. We went to the beach over the summer, and I'm not blind."

Meggan: Meggan giggled, "Aww well first impressions aren't the be all and end all. Tell your dad to give him a chance!... I mean... look at Alex's dad. He really didn't make a good impression on my parents but they're willing to overlook it."

rachel: "Well, my dad isn't that bad. My mother probably hated him from the moment I told her he was gold. And, I like Alex's dad. He's amusing and helped me with my powers a bit," Rachel ran a hand through her hair. "My dad'll get over it eventually though, so I'm not too worried about it."

Meggan: "Aww I'm sure if your mum gets to know him she'll like him too." Meggan got up and started over to check on Dylan who was begining to stir, "And I'm sure Alex will talk to his dad before he meets my parents again about maybe being a bit less... rude."

rachel: "Maybe. So, have you made any wedding plans yet?"

Meggan: Meggan laughed, "Don't be daft! I'm still getting used to the idea!" She pulled Dylan's security blanket back over him and went back to sit on her bed, "And if I made any plans I'd probably forget them. I will have to get a special notebook and write them all down."

rachel: Rachel snickered, grinning, "Well, now I know what I can get you for your birthday. A notebook."

Meggan: Meggan giggled, "Yeah get me lots, I fill them up fast!" she glanceed over at Dylan again who was definately showing signs of waking up soon, "I wish my memory was better..."

rachel: "My memory is kinda shitty too sometimes. It can be a bit irritating. But, I'll get you lots of notebooks and stuff. Possibly just dump them in your room before you get back."

Meggan: Meggan smiled and bent to pick up Dylan who was now wide awake and wanting the know who was on the phone, "Just as long as I can still get through the door."

Meggan: "And I guess I should be glad that I can blame my poor memory on my mutation." She smiled at Dylan and tickled him under the chin with a newly grown hand attatched to a newly sprouted arm.

rachel: Rachel could hear Dylan giggling and chewed on her lip, "Yeah, sadly, I can't. But, whatever. Doesn't really bother me. You want me to let you go since he's up?"

Meggan: "Probably would be a good idea... I think he's hungry - he's chewing my finger... kind of glad he's only got three teeth...." She shifted Dylan's weight in her arms, "Thanks for calling though - I've been fit to burst wanting to tell someone the news!"

rachel: "Yeah, I wouldn't want you to end up fingerless because of me," she smirked, "No problem. Happy birthday and all that. Later, Meggan."

Meggan: "Bye Rae! Take care! And... Happy Christmas! Say hi to everyone for me!"
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Last Call Casualty

Rogue: Rogue chugged the rest of the vodka and frowned at the sight of the empty bottle. "Rae... More?" She looked over at her friend as she stood up to go get a bottle of rum for herself. Variety was key. And more fun. She unscrewed the rum and took a swig, grinning a bit. "Arr. In tha mood f' Pirates now..."

rachel: Rachel glanced up from where she was sitting, "Huh?" She glanced at the empty bottle and frowned at it as well, looking up at Rogue, "You drank it all..."

Rogue: "Ah know that... It's why Ah'm askin' if ya want more. Ah'm drunk, Rae, not blind." She pulled another bottle of vodka out of the small cooler and went back to flop next to her friend on the couch, handing it over. She sat there for a moment drinking and thinking, a small pout on her lips as she concentrated. "Rae... Ya think Sam an' Ah are good tagether?"

rachel: She took the bottle, and took a gulp after opening it. She was fairly sure now was not a time she should be answering that question. "Of course."

Rogue: " Rogue took her cell phone out of her pocket and looked at the time. 12:30 wasn't all that late... Maybe he was with his friends. A frown found it's way to her mouth. "Ain't nothin' bad... Right? He said he wouldn't do that." Rogue took another drink and leaned her head on Rachel's shoulder. "Sam's a good guy. Like him a lot..."

Rogue: She flipped the phone open and hit his speed dial button and put the phone up to her ear before stopping and hanging up. "Maybe Ah should let him sleep... Or... Hang out with tha guys if that's what he's doin'..."

rachel: Rachel rested her head against Rogue's, taking another sip, "...Wait. You're not going to suck me are you?" She supposed that would be something you ask before you touch, but whatever. "Call him if you want to know what he's doing," she muttered, bringing the bottle to her lips again.

Rogue: "Um, Ah don't think so... " Rogue took another pull from the bottle, "Think Ah'd be hearin' ya thoughts by now. On top of ya psyche that's a bit scary." She screwed up her face, "Ah don't wanna call him. What if Ah interrupt somethin' he's doin'? That's rude."

rachel: "Wouldn't be hearing thoughts. Shielding. ....Though, dunno how long that'll last," she shifted slightly, hesitantly poking at her friend's arm a few times. "It's half past midnight, what would he be doing? Oh, and I want a sip of the rum before you drink it all, too."

Rogue: "Fiiine." Rogue took another swig then passed it to Rachel, "Vodka," she held her hand out in expectation. "He could be with tha guys... Or sleepin'... Or... Ah dunno." Rogue frowned and looked at her phone. "Maybe he'll call me."

rachel: Rachel took a quick sip of the vodka before passing it and taking the rum, "So? Just call. I doubt he'll call you at this time. He's probably thinking the same thing you are..."

Rogue: "Naaah, Ah bet he's thinkin' 'bout comin' home...Er.." Rogue frowned and tilted her head to look up at Rachel, "Back. His home is in Kentucky an' Ah just cain't wrap mah mind 'round it f' some reason." She sloshed the vodka bottle, "This probably ain't helpin' that fact."

rachel: "I can fix that," she reached out and took the bottle, taking a swig of the rum. "Yeah...he's lucky. Just call him though. If he's doing something, I doubt he'll mind if you interrupt."

Rogue: "Hey!" Rogue snatched the bottle back and sat up enough to fix Rachel with a glare. "No stealin' alcohol from tha drunk Southern gal." She took a swig of the vodka, "Scott tried that. It didn't work out so well... Ok, well maybe it did, but Ah was already drunk..." She giggled a bit and took another swig.

Rogue: "Ok, Ah'll call him... Don't gotta tell me twice."

Rogue: Rogue pressed the speed dial again and started dancing a bit to the ringing.

rachel: Rachel snickered and moved to lay across Rogue's lap, reaching for the vodka again as she tried not to spill the rum in the process. "Told you three times....I think...."

Rogue: Rogue snickered and held the vodka out while she squished the phone beneath her jaw and shoulder so she could pet Rachel's still blue hair. "Shhh. It's ringin'! An' like Ah was countin'..."

Sam: Sam roused from his sleep, blindly groping for the phone. His brother was rolled over giving him a sleepy odd look. He scrambled for the bathroom and shut the door, flipping it open. "Hey?"

rachel: "Never said counting was right," she tried to whisper, but most likely failed miserably. Rachel took a drink of the rum, frowning as some spilled on her. Okay, laying and drinking did not work, but she didn't really want to move. "Has he answered yet?"

Rogue: Rogue grinned at Sam's voice then gave Rachel another glare, "Shhhhhhhhh. He's talkin'." She giggled a bit and took another drink before answering Sam, "Hey! Ah miss y'all..." She pouted a bit.

rachel: "Don't give me that look," she poked her tongue out, grabbing for the vodka again. "I'll give you the rum back..."

Sam: He heard a bunch of muttering on the other line but couldn't make it out. "Rogue?" There was a bit of a scuffling noise. "Um...hey? What's goin' on?"

Rogue: "Fiiine, here." She gave Rachel the vodka, "Now gimme," she opened and closed her fingers as they itched for the bottle. "Nothin', Rebel. Wonderin' whatcha doin'..." She grinned.

rachel: "Yay." Taking the bottle, Rachel smirked and held the other just out of Rogue's reach, moving it further away as she tried to grab it.

Rogue: "Mean!" Rogue made a face and debating bobbing Rae on the head. "Don't tease somebody who could kick ya ass."

rachel: She gave a huge grin and tried to scoot away some more, rolling off the couch but managing to save the drinks. "Ow..." she frowned, sitting up and giving the bottle.

Sam: He was plain baffled on what to do, listening to all the shuffling and yelling. He looked at his phone for the time. "Umm. You know it's like...late hey? Not that late for the school, but we're farmers - up with the sun and all." A yelp of pain came through the line. "Who is that?"

Rogue: Rogue laughed at Rachel's pain and took the opportunity to snag the rum bottle. "Just Rachel." She frowned, "So... Ya don't wanna talk ta me?" She took a drink of the rum and tried to not sniffle.

rachel: "Not funny," she grumbled and took a pull off the bottle she had. "Oh god. Don't cry."

Sam: "Ah didn't say that. Ah'm must a bit confused is all...you don't generally call this late." She sounded so wounded. "Are you ok darlin'? You sound a bit...outta sorts."

Rogue: Rogue gave Rachel a look and laid down on the couch, using the arm rest for a pillow. "Ah'm ok..." She scratched at her head with the bottom of the bottle. "Ah didn't mean f' it ta be this late... Where ya sleepin'?" She scrunched her nose, "Ya were weren't ya... Ah'm sorry..."

Sam: "Yeah...it's alright. It's just if mah parents catch me, Ah'm gonna catch it. Ah'm bein' quiet though, so as long as nobody has to use the bathroom, we should be fine." He sat down on the edge of the bathtub. "What Ah was more gettin' at was what happened to get you to call. Somethin' up at the school?"

rachel: Rachel gave a look back and tried to stand up, falling over again. "I blame any bruises I wake up with tomorrow morning on you," she muttered.

Rogue: Rogue snickered as Rachel fell over. "Hey, Ah ain't touched ya. Cain't blame me." She took a drink and listened to Sam, her face solemn again. "Does there need ta be somethin' up here? Cain't Ah just call mah Rebel ta say 'Ah miss ya'? Don't mean ta get ya in trouble though..." She froze, her eyes growing wide, "Ya ain't gonna break up with me if ya get in trouble are ya?"

Sam: "What???" Mercy, he knew something was going on. "No! Ah never said any such thing. What's got your chicken in the fryer? You aren't normally..." He searched for a word. "This worried."

Rogue: Rogue grinned and blew out a breath, "Oh, ok good." She shifted to lay on her side and stuck her tongue out at Rachel in a funny face. "Nothin's wrong, sugah. Everythin's a-okay. 'Cept y'all ain't here..."

Sam: "Ok..." He bit at the inside of his lip trying to think of how to put things and just settled for talking. "So how's everyone there? You guys been just hangin' around watchin' movies or you go out and stuff?"

rachel: Rachel made a face back and thought for a moment before standing up again. Managing to fall over onto the couch, she glanced over at Rogue. "What's he saying?"

Rogue: "Umm... Yeah, when Ah ain't workin' we pretty much have stayed here." Rogue frowned at Rachel, "Shhhh, Ah'm on tha phone." She sat up and shifted to lay her head in Rachel's lap. "But he's askin' how everybody is. Here," she reached up and held the phone up to Rachel's ear.

Sam: "Workin'? You don't have school work to do over the break do you?" There was a breathy silence on the line.

rachel: "I'm alive," she said into the phone before shoving it back towards Rogue's face, "He asked about working..."

Sam: "Rachel?" He was massively confused now. There was some sort of scuffling noise as the phone was moved again and he sighed. "Will someone tell me what's goin' on?"

Rogue: Rogue arched an eyebrow at Rae and cradled the phone to her ear. "What do ya mean, Rebel? Ain't nothin' goin' on... Rachel an' me are sittin'... Well, Ah'm layin', technically... on tha couch an' havin' a bit of medicine...." She couldn't stop her snicker. Medicine. Yup, medicated her mopey behavior.

Sam: Medicine?? He frowned at the snicker. Ah. "Y'all are drunk aren't y'?" He should have figured that out before. And he'd promised to let her make her own choices. At least it was Rachel there and not one of the boys. "Ah see. Don't be flyin' into walls or anythin' alright, darlin'?" He tried his hand at teasing, but it didn't totally hide his worry.

rachel: Rachel grinned at the medicine and reached over her friend for one of the bottles. "What's he saying now?" she asked as quietly as she could, taking another sip.

Rogue: "Pffft, Ah have complete control over that still... Same as mah strength." She turned her head to look up at Rachel, "He thinks Ah'd fly inta a wall. 'Course, if Ah did that, Ah'd likely just go through it." Rogue frowned, "Sam, Ah want y'all home... Wanna kiss ya properly. How much longer is it?"

Sam: He blushed red as a tomato. "Kiss properly?" He thought he'd been doing it right all this time. Maybe not. "Um. What do you mean?"

Rogue: "Without anythin' in between, silly." She laughed, then her face got serious, "Though, Ah wouldn't... 'Cause ya don't want me to. But Ah still wanna."

Sam: "Ah do wanna..." That came out a little more loud than he'd meant it to. "Ah just - Ah want you Rogue. The real you."

rachel: Rachel rolled her eyes at the half of the conversation she could hear as she pet Rogue's hair, "'M bored..."

Rogue: Rogue let her eyes close a bit. "Mmm, nice," she commented on the petting. "Ah know ya want me, sugah. An' Ah want y'all too... Will do whatever ya wanna do..."

Sam: He swallowed hard, getting off the bathtub to pace a little. "Um..." Damnit he wasn't going to have this conversation on the phone in the dark, hoping his baby sister wasn't going to come in here...or worse his parents. Good Lord that would suck.

Sam: "So, what are you and Rachel doin'? Aside from drinkin'?" With the topic, he had to wonder. "Um, y'all talkin' about me?"

Rogue: "'Course Ah'm talkin' 'bout y'all, sugah. Who else would Ah ta do whatever f'?" Rogue snickered. "Silly goose."

rachel: She raised an eyebrow, snickering as well just because Rogue was, "...When aren't we talking about Sam?"

Sam: "Oh." He shifted the phone to the other ear. "Uh...what were y'all sayin'?"

Rogue: "Which time? Been sayin' a lot... Could say it all 'gain..." She frowned, "If Ah can remember it all." Rogue made another pleased sound as Rachel ran her nails over her scalp.

Sam: Oh well, damn. "Umm...any time?" Did she just moan? Where they having phone sex?! "What are you doin' darlin'?" He asked slightly timidly.

Rogue: "Bein' petted... Rae's good at it." She let her eyes close all the way and pulled her head up a bit to take a drink. "An'... said Ah miss ya.. Wanna kiss ya... Want y'all... Aaaan'... Ah think that's it... Rae?" She looked up at her friend for input. "Did Ah miss anythin'?"

rachel: Rachel snorted at the comment about being good a petting. Her mind went a few places for that... "Um...uh...." She took a sip of her drink while she thought. Why had they called Sam in the first place? "...Noooo...?"

Sam: "Rachel's doin' what to you?" His voice rose on a hightening note, squashed ruthlessly into a whisper so that he sounded sorta like a little peeping frog that had been stepped on.

Rogue: "Pettin' me." Rogue smirked kind of smug like. "It feels good. Like it when people pet mah..." Rogue sighed and cut herself off to take a drink, "Thanks, Rae. So, Rebel, do ya miss me?"

Sam: "Pet your what?" He hissed out, too emotional not to, but too smart to yell. "Ah'm really confused, but yeah, Ah miss you. Ah'm thinkin' I'm about ten minutes from takin' off and gettin' mah ass up there to have a decent conversation with mah girlfriend.

rachel: "What's he saying now?" She stopped petting for a moment and leaned down, pressing her ear to the phone in an attempt to hear. "He needs to speak up."

Rogue: "He's thinkin' 'bout comin' home!" Rogue grinned, "Come home, baby!" She slowly realized he had asked a question, "Mah hair. Felt nice... She stopped though," Rogue pouted some. "An' yes, Ah'm ya girlfriend. An' ya mah boyfriend," her voice lilted happily and she smiled.

Sam: He felt his blood pressure slowly subside, making him feel a bit weak in the knees. Shaking his head he took a big breath. "Yeah, Ah am. And Ah miss you plenty. We'll be together soon. Ah shouldn't really fly outta here tonight though. For one Ah'd upset mah momma lots, for another Ah promised to help fixin' the tractor. I'll be back as soon as Ah can."

Rogue: "Ooooh, Ah think ya tractor's sexy." Rogue smirked. "Wouldn't be good ta upset ya mama seein' as how she might not let me come down f' Easter." She took another drink and sat up quickly, "Oh! Did ya ask ya parents 'bout that yet? Or ya gonna wait 'till it gets closer?"

Sam: "Ah mentioned it a bit. Mah momma did want to meet you anyways, and she figures it would be good. Um...Ah just gotta promise a few things first and she's gotta talk it over with dad."

rachel: Rachel sat with her ear pressed to the opposite side of the phone, straining to hear what was being said and cringing slightly at the song reference.

Rogue: Rogue turned the phone out just a bit so Rachel could hear and poked her tongue out at her, "Better?" She rolled her eyes and took another drink. "Promises? Like what? Ooooh, can Ah make y'all promise me stuff?" An evil grin played along her lips, "Like things Ah'd like y'all ta do ta me type promises..."

Sam: "Noooo...more like things Ah need to promise mah momma Ah won't do. Mainly to you. If we're gonna be here under her roof she wants me bein' a proper gentleman, and that means no sneakin' into rooms and things." He was tried to man down the blushing. "Ah'm perfectly sure you could come up with a list just as long of stuff you'd like me to do though."

Rogue: "Oh yeah, already got it. An' one f' me ta do ta y'all as well... Ah'll show ya when ya get home an' ya can pick some things out." She snickered. "So if ya ever ask me, 'darlin' what am Ah gonna do with you' Ah'll just say, 'Ah have a list'." Rogue made a loud, but short kissing noise into the phone. "That's mah first objective though. Cain't go far without that..."

Sam: That brought that comment back to mind. He hoped Rachel couldn't hear this. "Uh...you like me kissin' you right? Ah'm doin' it ok?"

rachel: Shifting a bit, Rachel tilted her head a bit more and gave a slight nod, "A bit, yeah."

Rogue: "Yeah, Rebel, ya doin' amazin'. Ah love ya kisses. Ah just..." she sighed and her shoulders drooped slightly, "Ah wish Ah could really feel ya lips pressed 'gainst mine." Rogue arched an eyebrow at Rachel, "Huh? What'd ya say? What's a bit?"

rachel: "I can hear a bit better or would be able to if he was saying something," she poked her tongue out, pulling away a little since she didn't really have any desire to lick Rogue's face.

Sam: "Oh mah God, she can hear us?" He squished his eyes tightly together. Pillow sorta talk between three people was all sorts of akward. He finally managed to get back on topic. "Yeah, well, we gotta get workin' on that, hey?"

Rogue: "Nooooo," Rogue gave Rachel an 'oh shit' look, "she can hear me..." She sighed and gave Rachel a gentle shove away and put the phone back to her ear, "Ok, ok, she cain't hear anymore..." Rogue refused to look over at Rachel because she would probably crack up laughing from the look she would most likely get for doing that. "Yeah, we do. 'Cause kissin' leads ta other things Ah wanna show ya."

Sam: "Oh God..." Wait, he'd said that aloud. "Shit." OH shit he'd said that aloud too. "You have any ideas on things to try out?" Oh crap! She'd think..."Like on your powers. How to stop your powers." Jeesh he sounded like an idiot. She was drunk though, maybe she'd not remember.

rachel: Rachel pouted at the shove but leaned back into the cushions and frowned as she finished off the bottle, glancing over at Rogue. "I could hear if I really wanted to," she grumbled. No telepathy. It's cheating...

Rogue: "No ya couldn't, Rae." She smirked and tapped her temple, "'Member? Not 'less Ah have 'em down. An' they're up now, so ha." Rogue snickered at her childish-drunk behavior. "Oh, darlin... Ah have plenty of ideas Ah wanna try out." She wrinkled her nose a bit though, "What's wrong, sugah?"

Sam: "Nothin'. Just a bit embarrassed is all. Ah'm not really behavin' very well mahself." He steered back on the happier subject. "What sorta ideas do you have for practicin'?"

rachel: Glaring, Rachel almost fell off the couch again as she stumbled to the cooler for another drink, muttering, "Didn't want to hear anyway..."

Rogue: "Oh y'all did so, Firefly. Don't lie ta yaself." She poked her tongue out, "Hey, Ah want somethin' different... Gimme whiskey?" She put on the puppy dog eyes and the full pout for a moment before turning back to her conversation with Sam. "Aw, nothin' ta be embarrassed over, darlin'. An'... Ah wasn't talkin' powers," she smirked, "that, Ah ain't got anythin' new ta tell ya. Ah wanna cuddle... Rae, hurry up."

Sam: "Ah'm sure you do. Ah do too. We can get a bi..." He cut off as the bathroom lights flicked on suddently, blinking, blinded in the bright glare, looking down at the floor so that it wasn't so bright. The first thing he could see is a familiar worn pair of pink slippers, faded to only the lightest blush of pink from repeated washings. He looked up at his momma's face, and sighed. "Um, Ah gotta go. Momma needs to use the washroom."

rachel: "Cuddle?" Rachel gave her a confused look, blinking, "With me?" Or was she talking to Sam? She shrugged and grabbed the whiskey, moving to plop back down on the couch and taking a pull before passing it over. "Oh, and I'll lie to myself all I fucking want.'

Rogue: "Awww," Rogue whimpered a bit, but sighed, "Fine. Tell her Ah said hi... Say Ah had a nightmare or somethin' so ya don't get in trouble... 'Cause Ah have at least one a night, so it wouldn't be a lie..." Rogue grinned. "Sleep sweet, Rebel." She kissed at the phone again. "An' come home soon!"

Sam: "Ah will. Night." He hung up the phone and prepared to face the talk.

Rogue: Rogue frowned at the abrupt hang up and looked at her phone with a stern facial expression as she took the whiskey. "How rude!" she said in her best Stephanie Tanner voice, then took a drink of the whiskey and let her shoulders droop. "Miss him 'gain..."

rachel: She grabbed the bottle, took a sip, and quickly passed it back before her friend could protest or smack her. "He left us? Well...damn. Drink more, then?"

Rogue: Rogue pouted at her phone and nodded, "Hope he ain't in trouble..." She gave Rachel a glance at her second question and tipped the bottle back, starting to chug it in answer.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I want to say "D'aww" But at the same time I want Ben to come out and wag his finger at the two of them.

Nice instance you three!!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Ben: Ben watched the happy children run about in their warm clothes, giggling and diving inbetween people as their parents called after them to slow down. Everyone came to Times Square to see the tree. If you lived in New York City, or right outside of it, it was just something you did.

Ben: One girl wore a tutu under her pink jacket and for a moment Ben's heart ached for Marissa, but he shook the memory out of his head. Not now, you're here with Rachel. He tried to talk to her but she couldn't hear him over the noise. He smirked.

rachel: Rachel dodged the children, trying to keep a look off her face. Didn't they have parents to watch them? She shrugged it off as she picked up the thought Ben was sending to her. she glanced over at him to shoot him a smirk.

Ben: Ben said winking to her. He looked at all teh dazzling sparkling Christmas lights on the enormous tree. They were festive, to say the least.

rachel: Rachel pulled her hat off to run her fingers through her hair, ignoring the looks she got for it's color. She glanced up at the giant tree and thought for a moment.

Ben: Ben stared in awe as his eyes glittered.

Ben:

Ben: Ben whined in her head.

rachel: She shook her head, faintly smiling.

Ben: Ben asked. the two moseyed off to the toy store.

Ben: Inside Ben began too ooh and aah louder than he had at the tree. Even Rachel's eyes went wide at the sight of teh plethora of toy goodies. "Wow! Check out the life size Megatron! Oh wow a life size barbie! I should get that for Josh!" He dodged a swipe at his head from Rae and laughed. "Who's on your shopping list?" Ben asked. "*cough*me?*cough*?"

rachel: Rachel looked around as she tried to remember the last time she'd actually been here, glancing over at Ben. Seriously, how did someone forget going to a store with a fucking ferris wheel in the middle of it and escalators? She wasn't sure. "No one," she shrugged, "Never really get anyone anything..."

Ben: Ben grabbed her arm and pointed. "Oh. My. God." Ben zipped up the escalator before Rachel could even turn her head. A few moments later Ben returned, showing up behind her. In a Batman costume.

Ben: "I am the Batman!" He said in a gruff voice. "Who're you working for?!"

rachel: She raised an eyebrow, smirking, "A little late for Halloween. And am I going to be punched in the face if I say the Joker?"

Ben: Ben pretend to act aghast. "No! Not the Joker?!" Ben flapped his arms as he tightly gripped the cape. "I am going to get that insane clown!"

Ben: He saw all the people looking at him in the store and decided it was time to stop being 'The Batman'. "Am I drawing too much attention?"

rachel: "You look more like a bird. Like one that ran into a sliding glass door and is twitching as it dies," Rachel snickered and glanced around, shooting a few glares, "They could just be staring at my amazingly awesome hair and piercings. I'm not really sure which one of us draws more attention, which is kinda how it is when I go out with Josh..."

Ben: "Trust me, you ain't as interesting as you think you are." Ben said, nudging her. "Oh look! LOOK!!" he ran over to a large bin of stuffed pokemon toys. "O-M-G!! Piplup! Oh man! They even got Squirtle! I love squirtle! which one should I get for Ra-" Ben dropped the stuffed pokemon and stared in awe at the aisle up ahead.

Ben: "Movies." He said pointing. "They have a movie aisle now! Dude, I always, always say! There's a beer, a band, and a movie for everyone!" Ben ran like a small child into the movie section making whooshing sounds as if he were the Batman flying around Gotham.

rachel: Rachel just watched him run around, eyebrow raised. She glanced around and wondered if she walked off, how long it would take for him to find her in here. She sighed and followed him, deciding it'd be better to not get into trouble, so she could actually say she didn't do it and mean it. "Pffft, I know I'm not interesting. Band and movie, I can agree on, but beer is sick."

Ben: "Haven't had the right one-Oh! Oh! Mini-jeeps!" Ben hopped in it and started vrooming around Rachel. He cackled in his batman outfit and made Batmobiole noises as he hit a sharp corner and came back charging at her legs, swerving at the last second.

Ben: A woman passed Rachel and said "God bless you for being such a good sister. It's so hard when they're born like that...You're such a good girl." Giving Rachel some candy, and Ben two pieces for being "special" she walked off.

rachel: She took a step out of the way when Ben circled around again and gave the woman an incredulous look. Eyeing the candy for a moment, she set it on a self behind her once the woman was out of sight. "...I don't even know what to say about that.....except...don't eat that candy..."

Ben: Ben happily munched on the sweets. "Don't what now?" he asked. "It's christmas! I know it's strange to you, but people can have goodwill towards others. It is possible."

rachel: She let out a sigh, fixing him with a look, "You don't know where she got that candy or what she could have done to it. And, Christmas isn't strange to me. Believe or not, my family did celebrate it when I was a small child." Rachel glanced around again and made her way over to an escalator, hesitantly stepping on it. May as well see what else there was...

Ben: Ben abandoned the Jeep in the middle of an aisle, much to the dismay of a fat teenager who was stuck working three days before christmas in a toy store. "Fuck my life..." he muttered.

Ben: Ben followed her up the escelator and low and behold it was the action figure section.

Ben: "OH. MY. GOD." Ben whispered. "It's like I'm Indiana Jones and I just found the Lost Ark. My nerdiness is at orgasmic state right now, you may need to step back."

rachel: "Oh, fuck me," she muttered and looked around, rolling her eyes at Ben's excitement. Well, maybe she could find something for Bobby since he got her a present for her birthday.

Ben: Ben ran from row to Rachel and back again as he showed her each awesome action figure after another. "I'm so getting this for Scott!" he said as he held up a 12" Batman action figure, poseable in over eighty places.

rachel: "How about you look for Star Wars? Then, I can find something for Bobby and maybe Lizzie..." she glanced over at him.

Ben: Ben pointed to the section to their left. "See the giant Ydoa? That's all Star Wars. Both aisles." He ran over with her and the two began to searc through the toys. "They've lost their originality, the Star Wars Toys..." Ben said, holding up a Han Solo.

rachel: Rachel browsed the aisle, looking around. She chewed on her lip as she searched for a figure and glanced over at the toy he had. "Hm, who do you think I should get? Well, besides Han..."

Ben: "Well which one?" Ben pointed out. "There's Han & Chewie, Han in carbonyte, Han in tattooine garb, Han in Mos Eisley get up, and Han in Hoth gear." He grinned as he held them up for her.

Ben: "Oh, and two different 'animators re-creation' sculptures. Oh hey, some good ones too!"

rachel: "Um...hold onto Han and Chewie. I'll get that if I don't find anything else. I was more thinking Yoda or something though..." She pulled a package off the shelf and inspected it before setting it back down.

Ben: Ben did so and followed her around until they found a Yoda from the animated Series that had been released back when the 3rd episode had been released. "This one work?"

rachel: "Meh. I'll stick with Han," she shrugged. "Now one for Lizzie...and if you really want something, I'll buy it," she added. Okay, so she completely contradicted what she said earlier about buying gifts, but whatever. Bobby, Lizzie, Ben...who else did she need something for? Meggan, Cess... Rachel was fairly sure that was all.

Ben: Ben held up the light saber and used his puppy eyes. "It's all I've ever wanted..." That was a total lie, but it was somethign he'd always wanted.

Ben: "And yeah, we gotta continue this venture before the store closes." They walked down the aisles and slowly picked gifts out for their respective friends. By the end they had a gift for everyone who they needed. Ben even picked out a Jack Skellington sculpture for Rachel.

rachel: "Okay," Rachel grabbed the lightsaber from him, snickering, and moved on to pick out something else for a few other people. She could always stop a few other places on the way back to school to get whatever else she needed. "So, got everything you want to buy?"

Ben: "Something for everybody!" Ben grinned. They checked out and threw their bags over their shoulders as they left the store. "I think we're gonna give Santa a run for his money with the amount of stuff we just got."

rachel: "Maybe you will," she shook her head, grinning. "I didn't get that much. So, wanna go stare at the giant tree some more for a while? Preferably for a short amount of time, as it's cold, I don't like children, and I'm tempted to find some way to knock it over."

Ben: Ben smiled. "Don't be a Charlie Brown." They went over to the tree and inspected it some more. Ben bought them both some cocoa and they sat on a bench, after Rachel swept off teh snow, and enjoyed the sights. "You know, putting the star on the tree at the mansion really gave my abilities what they've always wanted, a sense of being needed." He winked.

rachel: "God, don't start going all sappy and corny on me," she shot him a smirk and flopped down on the bench, making sure to keep an eye on her bags.

Ben: "You know, it's times like this where I am super glad I have good friends like you." Ben looked over to her and smiled wide. "You know the feeling, baby sister?" He teased.

rachel: Rachel rolled her eyes, "According to the woman, I believe I was the older and more responsible one."

Ben: "Still makes you the baby, baby." Ben smirked.

rachel: "I should smack you for calling me that...."

Ben: "I shoudl smack you for saying you'd smack me."

rachel: "Yeah, well, you won't. And you calling me baby is creepy. The only person that calls me that is Josh and that's rarely. It's me calling you honey or some other ridiculous name."

Ben: Ben laughed. "You don't like me calling you names? I call your boyfriend Oscar and you Lil Annie, so if it makes you feel better you can come up with one for me."

rachel: Rachel cringed at Annie, "I can't just call you Ben?"

Ben: "You can call me The Batman!" Ben hissed as he jumped up on the bench, opening his jacket like a cape.

rachel: "Okay, yeah, sit down before you somehow manage to embarrass me in public more than Josh does sometimes."

Ben: "Not possible." Ben said. "Josh is one of the most embarassing people I've ever met." Ben jumped down beside her. Poking her hard in the shoulder, almost pushing her off the bench, he grinned at her. "And don't worry, I would never embarass you too much."

rachel: Rachel gave a shove back once she regained her balance, grinning back, "Pffft, riiight."

Ben: Ben grabbed both their bags and held them up. "We should get going. When we get back, I'm so making cider." Ben winked, "and I promise no butter rum cider."

rachel: "Hey, if I had alcohol, I could just embarrass myself. Plus, what's the fun in cider if there isn't any alcohol?" Rachel pushed herself off the bench and took her bags from him, starting to make her way through the crowd.

Ben: "Well... I'll make some just for you."

rachel: "Well, suppose we should start heading back, then. Quickly."

Ben: Ben agreed and off they went, ben singing carols the whole way.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

rachel: Rachel raked her fingers through her hair as she dug through her clothes, looking for something relatively nice to wear. She pulled out some pants and inspected them. Well, they didn't have holes in them...but she couldn't wear jeans... "I hate dressing up," she muttered, knowing Rogue would hear her whether she wanted her to or not.

rachel: Sadly, Rogue would also stop her if she tried to beat her head against the wall repeatedly. Eyeing the wall, then Rogue, Rachel wondered how many times she could before Rogue got to her.

Rogue: Rogue arched an eyebrow at Rachel, "Don't even think 'bout it." She moved to take the pants from Rachel and put them back away. "An', ya gotta dress up. One year is a big deal." She searched through Rachel's clothes and frowned, "Might could mix an' match with some of mah stuff..."

rachel: "I don't have to. It's just better that I do since we're going to Broadway, and Josh and I stick out enough in public," she chewed on her lip, "I still have that dress, but I wore it for his birthday." She sighed, thinking for a moment, "Mix and match could work. Oh, and I have the corset that Lizzie sent me for my birthday..."

Rogue: "That Jack corset? Rae." Rogue gave her a look. "That's more like everyday corset. Come on, grab some stuff an' we'll head back ta mah room."

rachel: She rolled her eyes, "It's not everyday for me. I'm far too lazy to deal with a corset on a daily basis." Rachel grabbed the corset anyway and a few other things before following Rogue out of the room. "You think I should take my piercings out...?"

Rogue: Rogue eyed Rachel over her shoulder and thought for a moment, "Nah, Ah think they're fine." Rogue unlocked her door and walked in, leaving it open for Rae as she headed straight for her closet. "If ya want a corset, Ah got one f' ya..." She pulled out a clippy hanger that held a forest green corset with darker green designs and a lace edging around the top.

rachel: Rachel kicked the door shut behind her and tossed her stuff down on Rogue's bed, turning to look at what she was holding up, "That'd work if my hair was red. Damnit...another thing I have to figure out...what to do with my hair..."

Rogue: Rogue snickered and set the corset on the bed before going to her bathroom and coming out with a hair comb with pearl accents along the edge, "C'mere." She put the teeth of the comb in her mouth and took a brush to Rachel's hair, then started pulling it up in a twist, sticking the comb in to hold it in place. "There. If ya like it, Ah'll redo it better when ya dressed."

rachel: She stared at her reflection in the mirror for a moment, "It looks nice. I'll just have to remember not to touch my hair..."

Rogue: Rogue grinned, "That's what hairspray's f', hun." Rogue went back to her closet and pulled out a longsleeve black turtleneck. "Here, let's go ahead an' see what this looks like. Put this on, then tha corset on top, an'..." She looked over the pants Rachel had brought, picking out a pair of black pinstripe pants. "These. If it looks good, we'll start on jewelry an' make up... If it doesn't, then we'll go f' somethin' else. What are y'all gonna see?"

rachel: "Yeah, I don't tend to use hairspray. I suppose I can always mess Josh's hair up, though he'll probably use a mass amount of gel to get it to stay, so ew." She eyed the turtleneck, warily before taking it. "I dunno... kinda weird about things around my neck..." Rachel took the clothes and went to the bathroom to try them on anyway.

rachel: She changed quickly and came back out, pulling at the uncomfortable neck at bit. She was pretty sure she hadn't worn much of anything around her neck since the collars Essex had. At least nothing that clung to her neck anyway. Rachel leaned back against the doorframe as she waited for her friend to say something.

Rogue: Rogue tilted her head as she gave Rachel a look over. "Ah like tha pants... Those're good. An', Ah like tha tops, but Ah don't want ya ta be uncomfortable durin' an important date like this one. Pick somethin' else out."

rachel: "It's not like I'll be wearing anything for that long," Rachel smirked, grabbing the Jack corset and heading back into the bathroom.

Rogue: "Ya will when ya out. Hope ya wouldn't get naked in tha theater." Rogue smirked back and sat backwards in her desk chair, leaning her chin on her crossed arms as she waited.

rachel: She changed into the corset and set the other stuff on the bed after coming back out. "Pffft, telepathy has some advantages," she grinned. "But yeah, I guess most likely after since Josh isn't outgoing at all."

Rogue: Rogue raised her eyebrows in slight surprise. "Ok, Ah take it back, Ah like that." She went to her jewelry box and pulled out a necklace with a gothic cross pendant and a black lace choker, holding them up for Rae, "Either of these would look good... Or both even..."

rachel: "See? Jack is amazing," Rachel poked her tongue out, looking at the jewelry, "Not the choker. I can't wear anything that clings to my neck. Freaks me out. I'm good with anything else though."

Rogue: "Here then," Rogue handed the cross over and put the choker away to dig for a bracelet and earrings. "Want earrings or ya wanna stick with what ya have in?"

rachel: "Uh, what I have in is easier. I can't really do much with my industrial or gauges," she shrugged and took the pendant. "I have rings and such that I brought from my room. Then, all that's left is hair and makeup..."

Rogue: "True." Rogue handed over a thick cuff bracelet with rhinestones, "Here, try this." She went back to her bathroom and started to dig through her makeup. "Are ya excited?"

rachel: Rachel raised an eyebrow at the rhinestones but tried the bracelet one anyway, "Should I be? I mean, it's not really any different than any other time we've gone out..."

Rogue: "Well, it's not seein' it in tha fact that ya've been on dates before, but it's ya anniversary. That's a big deal. Ah'd be excited."

rachel: She rolled her eyes, "I dunno. I guess I am. A little, anyway. I just don't see what the big deal is." She chewed on her lip, moving so she could see what makeup was being picked out.

Rogue: Rogue passed over a dark berry lipstick and kept digging for her eyeliner. "Why don't ya see what tha big deal is? Have ya made it a year with anybody else?"

rachel: "Yeah..." she frowned, still gnawing on her lip, "I don't know."

Rogue: "What don't ya know 'bout?" Rogue stopped digging and turned to her friend. "Ya ain't havin' second thoughts on ya relationship are ya?"

rachel: "Dunno why I don't see what the big deal is," she shook her head, "No, I never have. I know Josh has before..." Obviously since they broke up... "...but I never have."

Rogue: "So then why are y'all goin' out ta Broadway if it ain't a big deal?" She poked her tongue out and turned back to her makeup.

rachel: Rachel poked her tongue out back, "I didn't know til earlier. For me, it was 'surprise, we're going out', which should explain why I don't have anything decent to wear. And it's not a big deal to me, never said anything about Josh. Though, I'm pretty sure he's more amazed that it's been a year..."

Rogue: "Well then don't argue with it an' let yaself have a good time." She grinned as she found the eyeliner. "Close ya eyes."

rachel: "I will when this dressing up hell is over with," she rolled her eyes, "Y'know, I'm capable of putting eyeliner on, right? I only do it everyday..."

Rogue: "Yeah, but ya asked me ta help ya, so Ah'm helpin'." She nudged Rachel, "Now close 'em."

rachel: "You're going to do my hair, that's help enough..." Rachel sighed and closed her eyes anyway. It was a lost battle from the beginning.

Rogue: Rogue started to put the eyeliner on and smirked, "Yeah, well, then ya woulda asked me ta help ya with ya hair only insteada gettin' ready."

rachel: "Pfft, technicalities. If my eyes were open, I'd be rolling them."

Rogue: "Ya could roll 'em closed, but it wouldn't have tha same effect an' would also mess up tha make-up, so don't."

rachel: She let out a sigh and waited for Rogue to finish, "You're not putting anything other than eyeliner on my face while I can't see, are you?"

Rogue: "Don't ya think ya'd feel it if Ah were?" She laughed a bit and stepped back, "Ok, done."

rachel: "Hm, I guess," Rachel opened her eyes, blinking. "So, what's next? I can always do my makeup after you fix my hair..."

Rogue: "Ok." She looked around for her brush then realized she left it in her room and went to retrieve it. She took the comb out of Rae's hair and got to work redoing it a bit tighter.

rachel: She stayed still while Rogue was working with her hair, glancing at her reflection, "You think you and Sam will last a year?"

Rogue: Rogue smiled at the thought and her hands slowed some as she got a bit daydreamy. "Ah dunno... Kinda hopin' so. Like him a whole lot... An', he's invited me ta go home with him f' Easter."

rachel: Managing to contain the snicker at the look on Rogue's face, Rachel grinned, "That's awesome. I'm sure his family will like you."

Rogue: "Heh... Yeah, if they can get over tha age difference. He still ain't told 'em. Like Ah blame him though... He's waitin' 'till he turns 18 so it ain't that big of a deal." She smiled at Rachel's reflection in the mirror.

rachel: "Age isn't that big of a deal, and I'm sure they'll like you. I mean, you're awesome."

Rogue: Rogue laughed a bit and pulled the twist up tight, sticking a few bobby-pins in. "Thanks, Rae. Glad ya think so. Hope they do. Though... he's said his mama feels bad that Ah'm always by mahself on holidays, so Ah'm a bit worried that they'll be pityin' me tha whole time 'cause Ah don't have parents..."

rachel: "By yourself?" Rachel raised an eyebrow, "Pffft, you have me. Well, talk to them about it. I mean, half the time, I'm pretty sure people pity me once they find out I've tried to kill myself. Normally if I say something, they stop."

Rogue: "Guess Ah could. An' Ah know Ah have y'all, hun." She gave Rae a half hug then went back to her hair, "But they mean no family ta really celebrate with or anythin'..."

rachel: "I'm pretty sure everyone has at some point. I've pretty much gotten used to it. It just gets irritating at some point. And, I'd hug back but don't want you to mess up my hair. And well...you have all of us here. Though, I guess that's not exactly what they mean either."

Rogue: "Ah just ain't good with dealin' with that side of mah emotions... Ah do it by mahself.. Don't want it open ta people Ah don't even know. An'... Talkin' 'bout mah parents gets real hard sometimes. An' Ah'll be damned if Ah cry in front of Sam." She frowned then picked up the comb to put in her hair.

rachel: "Yeah, I can't imagine it'd be easy. Josh has seen me cry...a lot, I'm pretty sure you, Liz, and Cess have..." she shrugged. "I try not to, and I normally fail miserably."

Rogue: "Yeah, Ah don't like cryin' one bit. Remy's seen me cry... Vic's seen it when we failed that mission... Think that's it. Unless y'all have that Ah don't remember..." Rogue reached for the hairspray. "Cover ya face."

rachel: Rachel covered her face as instructed, her voice muffled by her hands, "Yeah, I can't remember if you've seen me cry, let alone if I've seen you. Josh is probably the one that has to deal with it most. I wake up from nightmares crying most of the time."

Rogue: "Ah think Ah have once... 'Bout Josh. Maybe." She frowned trying to remember then started spraying all around her head, coating her hair. "Ah wake up in a sweat an' breathin' hard... Don't think Ah've ever cried from 'em though..."

rachel: "Yeah, well, I'm pretty sure a lot of people saw me cry over Josh..." She removed her hands from her face once Rogue had stopped spraying, "Mine aren't as bad as they were, but I wake up like that, have destroyed something in my sleep, or am crying. Or sometimes all three...."

Rogue: "Yeah, Ah remember ya callin' me one night 'cause ya room was completely wrecked. That was fun..." Rogue wrinkled her nose and smoothed her hand over Rachel's hair to make sure there were no fly-aways. "Make-up, woman."

rachel: "Oh yeah, that was just peachy." Rachel went back into the bedroom and grabbed hers from the bed with all her other stuff, "And, I'm getting to it. Not like I'm going to be late or anything."

Rogue: "Doesn't matter. Wanna see it done. Don't argue with me." She poked her tongue out and hopped up on the counter.

rachel: "And it wouldn't get done without you watching me?" Rolling her eyes, she dug through the bag and pulled some of the stuff she needed out.

Rogue: "Never said that." She rolled her own eyes, "Just cain't wait ta see tha finished product."

rachel: "I think it's bad if you're more excited than I am..." she snickered as she started applying the makeup, "Well...I am, kinda...just doesn't really show..."

Rogue: "So then let it show, gal! Ain't nothin' wrong with bein' excited!" She grinned and nudged Rae with her toe.

rachel: "Uh huh," Rachel shoved her foot away with a grin.

Rogue: Rogue snickered. "Party pooper."

rachel: "Of course. One of us has to be," she shot her a grin as she finished up, looking over her reflection in the mirror.

Rogue: "Look at y'all!" Rogue hopped off the counter and gave her friend a once over, "Ya look like an emo Cinderella," she snickered and poked her tongue out.

rachel: Rachel snorted and had to stop and think before trying to run her fingers through her hair, "I don't look that good."

Rogue: "Yes ya do, Rae. Cain't wait f' Josh ta see this. He'll flip." She grinned and gave Rachel a careful hug. "C'mon, lets go take tha rest of ya clothes back ta ya room 'fore ya gotta leave."

rachel: She returned the hug and poked her tongue out before making her way out to the room to grab her things, "Do not."

Rogue: "Do too." Rogue pulled her door open for Rae and poked her tongue out back. "Don't argue with me, Firefly."

rachel: "Do not, and we're not arguing. Just having a difference in opnions," she grinned and made her out of the room. "Thanks for the help, by the way."

Rogue: "Do too. An' ya welcome." Rogue grinned and shut the door behind them.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Josh: Josh knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that he was the luckiest man on earth. So what if his eyes were permanently jaundiced? So what if the more abrasive of his acquaintances asked him after the health of King Midas? He was at Broadway, with his girlfriend, who was damn hot, and he was having a ball.

Josh: "'Kay, so, freaking awesome muppets, right? Makes you rethink everything you learned on Sesame street? Or read between the lines for the dirty private lives of Bert and Ernie?"

rachel: Rachel leaned against Josh, still resisting the urge to run her fingers through her hair, which she couldn't do because that would mess up the work Rogue put into it. She grinned, "Yeah, definitely awesome. Though, I don't think I'll ever be able to think of puppets in the same way again..."

Josh: "You think they're awesome?" Josh raised an eyebrow. "Do I have to be jealous of fabric-and-stuffing people? 'Cause I dunno if I could recover my manhood after that kind of blow."

rachel: "You asked if they were awesome," she glanced up at him, poking her tongue out. "And, of course not. Nothing for you to be jealous about."

Josh: "Good." Josh faked relief. "I mean, I don't want to get in the way of your kink or anything - heaven knows it's beneficial to me - but if I have to worry about competition from a yellow guy with a unibrow, I'd have to reevaluate my life philosophy."

rachel: Rachel rolled her eyes. "Please, the yellow one with a unibrow is gay, right? Speaking of kinks, how much longer til we can go home?" she glanced up at him again.

Josh: "Aren't you hungry?" Josh looked around. "It's NYC. We could go to the Hard Rock Cafe, or Ellen's, or Nouveau Kobe."

Josh: His wallet felt oddly light, but what the heck, he could afford to splurge once in a while. He had things at the home he never intended to return to that he could sell if he were short on cash.

rachel: "Yeah, I guess food is kinda important. And, I don't care where we go. You'll probably end up eating part of whatever I choose anyway."

Josh: "Don't make me seem like a glutton. I work hard to keep fit and trim for my lovely, lovely girlfriend." She was marvelous in her Nightmare Before Christmas-themed corset and complementing outfit. Josh thought she was beautiful no matter what, but even so... right now she was just so dang delectable.

Josh: "I want you to pick babe. What do you feel like? Burgers? Pasta? Egg drop soup?"

rachel: Rachel chewed on her lip and looked over at him, "Um, I don't know. What do you feel like?"

Josh: Josh sighed. "Let's speed things up a little. 'I don't know. What do you feel like?' 'You pick, hun.' 'No, you pick, sweetie.' 'Pick or I'll kill you with my mad brain powers!' 'Eek! But you never like what I pick!' Then you say..."

rachel: "Pffft, I never call you hun. Or any other term of endearment, really, besdies love and babe." She shot him a smile, "And, I really don't care, so burgers? If I was really mean, I would've asked what you wanted again."

Josh: "Maybe that's why I'm emotionally stunted." He shrugged. "Burgers work. How about this place?" They were passing by a joint called Maple's, a 50s-style diner that looked oddly out of place in the middle of NYC tourist central. "It won't be as pricey, or as a hard to get in, as those other places," he said to excuse his utter tightwaddiness.

rachel: "You're not that emotionally stunted. Rogue was yelling at me about being excited earlier. This place looks cool. Anywhere works...besisdes McDonalds..."

Josh: "Sweet. Okay." He held the door open for her. They were ushered in by an old man with folds of sagging flesh around his chin and crinkled eyes. He gave them a hard rub after looking Josh up and down.

Josh: "Smoking or non?" he piped.

rachel: Rachel glanced over a Josh, ignoring the looks they were getting for Josh being all gold and for her hair being blue. "Non," she answered, looking back to Josh again and giving him a slight smirk, "Unless you're holding out on me..."

Josh: "Pfft. That stuff ruins your lungs, you know." He poked her side, then slipped his arm around her shoulders as the old man led them to a booth in the back.

Josh: "This place is almost deserted," Josh said once they had sat down and opened their menus. "That's probably not a good sign..."

rachel: "Well, that's not something you have to worry about," Rachel poked back before taking a seat. "Being almost deserted could be a good thing..."

Josh: Josh glanced at Old Man Jeeves (as he'd dubbed him) with undisguised skepticism. "You want to do something... here? With him watching?" He grimaced, and lowered his voice. "Twenty bucks says he's got this place bugged and puts videos of couples doing nasty things up on the internet."

rachel: "Ew, that's not a mental image I wanted right before I eat," she made a face as she picked up her menu.

Josh: "So. Burgers? I'm a little insulted you don't want Japanese for our one-year anniversary meal. I will be fond of hibachi forever, since it brought us together. Somehow." He grinned and shut his menu. "I could even put on the rat suit, if I thought I'd make out like a bandit for it.""

rachel: "I think I could go the rest of my life without having Japanese, in public anyway. The rat suit is another thing I could go without seeing. What are you getting?" Rachel eyed a few things on her menu, then her boyfriend.

Josh: "I'm hurt that you don't want to commemorate our anniversary by indulging in nostalgic sentiments like reminiscing." Josh was cut off as the waiter approached. "Yo, uhh... cheeseburger with everything on it, chocolate shake, and onion rings, please."

rachel: "Um...bacon cheeseburger, fries, and chocolate shake..." Rachel handed her menu over and picked up after the waiter had walked off to place their orders, grinning, "We could reminisce by playing Guitar Hero when we get back."

Josh: "Figures you just want to whip me. Can I have some of your fries?"

Josh: Josh's voice trailed off as he watched the waiter walk off. His eyes widened and he froze for a moment. "Damn," he finally said, sinking down in the booth.

rachel: "Of course you can. I was more thinking of the couch after playing, but I can kick your ass again if you want..." She raised an eyebrow, "What's wrong?"

Josh: Josh groaned, burying his head in his hands. Crap. There's no way. No fricking way. But he looked again, and the scene was the same. Crap!!

Josh: "You aren't going to believe this," he muttered into his sleeves. "My brother's back there."

rachel: Rachel followed his gaze, looking between the two and trying hard not to stare at Justin. They looked a lot alike. Josh's hair was lighter. Well, and he was gold... "Y'know...you could've gotten your ear pierced when you got your tattoo..."

rachel: She bit down on her lip and forced herself to look back at Josh. "Maybe he won't notice you...?" she suggested, slipping an arm around him.

Josh: His eyes flashed. "It's not funny," he hissed, scowling. "And how can he not notice someone who's gold?"

Josh: As if proving his point, Justin Foley looked up from his newspaper. From four booths away, Josh could see his eyes narrow. He swallowed hard and sank even deeper in the seat. "Pretend like you don't recognize him. Talk loudly and animatedly. Call me Rob."

rachel: "Sorry," she watched him for a moment, "Babe, you're gold and look almost exactly like him. I don't think he'll buy that." Rachel resisted looking back at him again, resting her head on Josh's shoulder instead. "You freaking out isn't helping your case either. It'll be fine. Just try ignoring him."

Josh: "Easy for you to say..." Josh kept his head in his arms as he heard footsteps approaching. It wasn't long before Justin's long shadow fell over them.

Josh: "Well, what a surprise. My little brother. Good evening," he nodded to Rachel, shooting her a blinding smile that made Josh want to retch. "I suppose you two are on a date? Is there room for one more, just for a little while?"

rachel: Rachel rolled her eyes and gave a tight smile back, not particularly enjoying Josh's suffering. She remained silent since his arrival had cut off what she'd been about to say, though she supposed she could use her telepathy... Plus, she figured Josh could answer since she didn't know Justin.

Josh: Josh pursed his lips, but knew he had to say something. He exchanged a look with Rachel and finally grunted, "This is a date, and three's a crowd."

Josh: "Charming as ever," Justin practically yawned. He took a seat across from the pair anyway and folded his hands on the tabletop. "How have you been, Josh? You never called to check on Dad. He's fine, by the way. Our dad was sick," Justin said, looking at Rachel. "Can you believe this guy didn't call his own sick father? Heartless kid, isn't he?"

rachel: "I'm aware he was sick..." It's one of the things I actually do remember before... Rachel pulled her shields up as he took a seat since she'd had them relaxed around Josh. "Yeah, I actually can believe it. I wouldn't go to my own mother's funeral," she gave him a pleasant look.

Josh: Justin looked surprised and said, "Wow, looks like that mutie school really did open doors to like-minded people for you, Josh."

Josh: Josh slammed his fist on the table. "The heck are you doing here anyway, Justin?"

Josh: "Is that any way to talk to your only brother?" Justin spat back. "As it happens, I'm meeting someone."

rachel: Rachel glanced at Josh, internally cringing at the reference to Jimmy, and wondered how upset he'd be if she used her teke to 'accidently' stab his brother with her fork...and his...and possibly their spoons... "Well, why don't you go wait somewhere else."

Josh: "Wait a minute, waiting for someone? At this hour?" Josh's face twisted into a vindictive grin that wasn't at all nice to see. "She's either a hooker, or you've been stood up."

Josh: Justin's face actually flushed, and he looked about to punch Josh then and there. Instead he whirled on Rachel and snarled, "I don't know what you're thinking, getting involved with this guy. If you have any sense, you'll end it. He sucks with commitment."

rachel: "I was going to mention going back to his corner, but I think you covered that with hooker," she gave Josh a small smirk. "And, really? Trouble with commitment? I couldn't tell since we've been together for a year. By the way, if you have any sense, you'll fuck off."

Josh: Justin's glare turned even darker. "You muties are all the same," he hissed. "What's your special power? Tearing down buildings? Starting forest fires? Maybe your hair is the reason for the hole in the ozone layer."

Josh: "Shut up!" Josh snapped, slapping his hands on the table and rising to his feet. "Don't you dare talk to my girlfriend that way!"

rachel: "Nothing special. I could just tear your mind apart...or you in general." she shrugged, giving him a smug grin and resisting another remark as Josh stood up.

Josh: Rachel's mental reassurance managed to calm Josh a little. But he didn't sit down. "I think you should leave us alone," he growled. "Or leave altogether."

Josh: "Why should I? I was here first," Justin shot back. "If anyone needs to leave, it's you."

Josh: "Fine," Josh growled, grabbing his jacket. "Let's go, Rae."

rachel: "Sad, and here I wanted to make him dance like a puppet..." Rachel moved to follow Josh, purposely saying it loud enough for Justin to hear as she used her teke to lightly toss a spoon in his direction.

Josh: "It's gonna come back to haunt you," Justin yelled after them. "Don't think it won't. If you think you deserve to be forgiven, think again. Have a good night."

Josh: Josh stormed outside without a word, fuming as he threw open the door, fuming as he marched down the steps with his hands in his pockets and forgetting to wait for Rachel.

Josh: He stopped at the curb and kicked a dented waterbottle into a drain. "Damn him," he said.

rachel: Rachel rolled her eyes as she made her way out at her own pace, keeping her mind linked to Josh's so she knew where he was. As she approached the curb, she paused and watched him for a few minutes before hesitantly moving towards him and wrapping her arms around him from behind. She rested her head against his shoulder, making sure it was the left.

Josh: "I'm sorry," he sighed, turned around and pulling her closer. "Tonight didn't go the way I wanted."

rachel: "Everything was perfect until a few minutes ago, and it's not your fault." Rachel pressed herself against him, "I love you. So much. Let's just...go back to school, and we can find something to eat. Or sleep. Doesn't matter to me."

Josh: "Sounds good," Josh muttered. He put an arm around her as they headed down the street. "Happy anniversary anyway."