1/26 Announcement: Trillian Emoticon Pack now available!

Having troubles with the forum? Want your very own pretty avatar? Just want to know what's new with the site? Site announcements, known issues, and tech support: it's all here and more.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

A Trillian emoticons pack is now available! This emoticon pack contains the same smilies that are available on the Nightscrawlers forum. Please note that the emoticons are not animated; unless you had Trillian Pro, animated emoticons wouldn't be possible anyway.

To install the emoticon pack, simply run the installer, then click Trillian on the menu bar, select Trillian Preferences..., click Skins, then click the Advanced >> button. Select Nightscrawlers Chat from the Emoticons: dropdown list and click the Close button.

Thank you,

-HoodedMan
Network Administrator
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

woo! It works great! Fantastic, thank you so much I really missed our smilies. You RULE!:nodyes
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

A little addo: The installer puts the files into the folder program files/trillian/stixe/plugins/Nightscrawlers

if your folder isn't named "program files" just copy the Nightscrawlers folder and paste it into the plugins folder in Trillian :)
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Ah, indeed; I was considering adding a routine to detect where Trillian is installed. Is installation in a different directory common? What's the folder named in Vista?
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

Originally posted by HoodedMan
Ah, indeed; I was considering adding a routine to detect where Trillian is installed. Is installation in a different directory common? What's the folder named in Vista?
Dunno. It's just called 'Programme' instead of 'program files' in German versions. And I guess in other languages it's alike.
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Update: The installer now automatically detects where Trillian is installed and installs to that location, wherever that may be.

Thank you,

-HoodedMan
Network Administrator

[Edited on 26/1/08 by HoodedMan]
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Thank you so much for putting the time and effort into developing this. I'm enjoying having him back rather than those lame smileys! :)

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Re: 1/26 Announcement: Trillian Emoticon Pack now available!

Post by Esynthia »

I got a new laptop today (er... yesterday now) and I tried to install this onto my trillian and Norton says it's not safe and removed it from my computer... Wai? :puppy
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Huh. That's not right at all; it's just a pack of GIFs and an installer I built myself. I'll look into it.

Thanks!
-HM
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

Thank you, HM!! <3
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Looked into it; all I can say is complete false positive. Uploaded to virscan.org and 37 virus scanners found nothing, including Symantec (Norton)'s latest update. It may have been a problem with the virus definitions released the day you tried; I'll bet if you try today you won't have any trouble.

Thanks,
-HM
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

Thank you, HM! I really appreciate it!
Jtu81
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Jtu81 »

I think I've had this a long time ago, but now with a new computer, I can't seem to find it. This link appears to be down(being so old). Does anyone have the Nightcrawler emoticons? Any would do, doesn't have to be this specific one.
Much appreciated.
Thank you,

Jtu81
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Jtu81 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:59 pm I think I've had this a long time ago, but now with a new computer, I can't seem to find it. This link appears to be down(being so old). Does anyone have the Nightcrawler emoticons? Any would do, doesn't have to be this specific one.
Much appreciated.
Thank you,

Jtu81
I can try to find them again. After 11 years, might be difficult. ;) But will update if I do find them.

-HM
Jtu81
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Jtu81 »

:thumbup